Thread: Firmware update without Pandora battery - is it okay?

1. #1 Firmware update without Pandora battery - is it okay? 
    Hi all,

Ok this is my first question ever so let me start by saying I am waiting on my PSP 2001 Daxter Edition to arrive, so I was checking vids on Youtube of how people installed custom firmware on their PSP without a Pandora Battery...

My question is, is this method any different from having a Pandora battery ie will the PSP function any differently? Is there ANY difference with or without the special battery? Thanks.

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    If the psp comes with Firmware 5.03 or Lower, you can update to 5.03 then use ChickHen R2 + Hellcat's Recovery Flasher V1.60 (With Firmware 5.00 update inside the Hellcat's Folder) to upgrade to 5.00m33-6 cfw.

If the psp comes with a higher firmware, then the only way to hack your Daxter edition psp is to use a Pandora + MMS.

The Pandora and ChickHen -> Hellcat's method both have the same outcome witch is Cfw, no difference in the end result. A Pandora + MMS can be used no matter what firmware the psp is on though, where as the ChickHen method can only be used on Firmware 5.03 and is useless beyond that.

It is always good to have a Pandoara + MMS incase you ever have to reflash your psp or unbrick your psp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubbabubba View Post
    If the psp comes with Firmware 5.03 or Lower, you can update to 5.03 then use ChickHen R2 + Hellcat's Recovery Flasher V1.60 (With Firmware 5.00 update inside the Hellcat's Folder) to upgrade to 5.00m33-6 cfw.

If the psp comes with a higher firmware, then the only way to hack your Daxter edition psp is to use a Pandora + MMS.

The Pandora and ChickHen -> Hellcat's method both have the same outcome witch is Cfw, no difference in the end result. A Pandora + MMS can be used no matter what firmware the psp is on though, where as the ChickHen method can only be used on Firmware 5.03 and is useless beyond that.

It is always good to have a Pandoara + MMS incase you ever have to reflash your psp or unbrick your psp.
    Ok thanks man - I have modded almost every other console (for fun and experimenting - I am an electronics geek hehe) so hopefully this will be a walk in the park for me since I am not soldering a chip or something...