Thread: Roster Updates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Roster Updates 
    Someone tell me there is a way to get roster updates for mvp baseball for this thing PLEASE!!! HELP!!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I dont think you can but if u can i think i heard somthing about it at gamestop.com just search it
    Sony PSP=$300.00
    Accesorys=$45.00
    Games=$120.00
    Laughing at the Nintedo DS owners=Priceless

3. #3 Are Sony actually going to un-cap the CPU & Graphics EVER!??? 
    candyman
    Hi
    Seeing as it is common knowledge that the PSP is running at approx 50% aggregate of what it COULD do, ie the CPU being capped to 222Mhz instead of 333mhz etc etc...

Now that new PSPs are possibly on the horizon, are Sony actually going to bother releasing a more powerful battery & SDKs that allow the developers to fully maximise the PSP's potential? - Or is that it! ---- Sony piss of its current customer base, by releasing a product that can't run at its own full spec, But instead of addressing this, Sony plan on releasing a new platform, instead of giving the current MONEY PAYING owners what they deserve all along! & this is a full spec un-restricted PSP..

And before all the dorks out their complain..... I know their are hacks for this, but im talking about SONY officially pulling their finger out of their ass!

The PSP came out the end of 2004 in Japan! - That OVER TWO YEARS now for Sony to sort out the power needed to run at full speed!

Seems all sony do these days is make Sh*tty commerical /technical decisions... Stop Aibo, F*ck the marketing & productionof PSP, where Europe has to wait 9 months behind the rest before it was available. They've done it again with the PS3... a year behind the Xbox, Marketing strategy in the UK non-existant & probably in Europe too... I think some people need to be sacked at the top in Japan, as Sony seems to be run by a bunch of 'out of touch' d*cks.....
    Rant over... but seriously.... are they not bothering to unlock the full potential of the 1st gen PSPs?

Hyper

sleekskins
    It's likely that this will happen when GT4 Mobile is released. Or should that be 'if' its ever released. The only way you'll be able to play that is once the processing speed has been uncapped, because the way it was presented, it sounds like it is mandatory before it can be released. However, they've made so many promises with this game that they are having a hard time trying to live up to them, so it is currently being made from scratch in order to meet expectations and show that they can keep their word. That, and that they were busy making Grand Turismo HD and planning to concentrate on it properly afterwards.

So i think the real question is: "Is Gran Turismo 4 Mobile going to be released? And if so, when?" When you get the answer to that, you'll find out whether they will uncap the graphics and CPU, or save it for PSP2.

And welcome to the forum btw. I see you'll be creating some rather interesting discussion topics.

maccabi723
    If you run your games through devhook or the custom firmwares you can set the CPU/GPU to 333/166 instead of 222/111 or whatever the default is.
    It helps to reduce slowdown in some games, the extra battery hit is noticeable though.

Sony used to say they would be releasing an updated, higher capacity, battery and after that games would be allowed to use the psp's full clock speed.
    They released a replacement battery with a slightly higher mAh rating but no word on the clock speed unlocking.

The high-ups at sony really have their heads in their asses, they seem to operate under the assumption that if something has a sony badge on it people will fight to own it.

kingb51
    GT4 is THE game I've been waiting for more than any other on the PSP, and if it doesn't come I'll be very angry with Sony. I know I'm speaking the words of many PSP owners, so this could be a very damaging blow to Sony if they don't hold up to their promises.

By the way, what exactly is the aim of this higher capacity battery you've been speaking about?

Regards,

7. #7 Battery 
    maccabi723
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolskin View Post
    By the way, what exactly is the aim of this higher capacity battery you've been speaking about?
    One of the PSP's most criticized shortcomings is its short battery life, running the processors at the higher clock speed drains the battery even faster.

A higher capacity battery would make up for the extra power drain, hopefully giving an equal if not longer run time even at the higher speed.

kingb51
    I've never considered the battery life of my PSP to be bad, and if it was it's not such a big deal. A spare battery can be bought for £15 / $20!

johnny english
    GT4 I think will never come out. It's vaporware. Sony did it so they could sell more PSPs.

kingb51
    Quote Originally Posted by evolve View Post
    GT4 I think will never come out. It's vaporware. Sony did it so they could sell more PSPs.
    Well if GT4 is never released, then they fooled me!

sleekskins
    I think they kind of have to release it. They didn't just use a mock up of a racing game to demonstrate the power of the PSP like Nintendo did with what is now called 'Yoshi: Touch and Go' for the DS, they demo'ed Gran Turismo and claimed that this is how all PSP games will look. So of course there are a lot of people looking forward to it (hell, i'm not even much of a racing fan but i'm looking forward to it), and it's not exactly one of those games they cancel because the idea didn't really take off: the game's already out on PS2.

For some reason sites like Amazon are saying it'll be out Feb 23rd or 27th but i think that's bogus: this game has been delayed for so long so if it was really being made ready for public release by then you'd think there'd be a mountian of screenshots and videos showing us that they'd actually finished it. But there's only a few weeks to go and there aren't any previews around (don't even bother counting that "full preview" that Pure or Go>Play magazine published, the jackasses. You'd think they'd know the difference between a feature and a preview). So i doubt that's the correct release date. At this rate we'll be playing it on the PS3 before playing it on the PSP, and by then hardly anyone will care whether Sony kept their promise, or uncapped the processor.

johnny english
    There is a long list of delays with Gran Turismo games... I remember when GT4 was coming out for the PS2 and we had to wait for so long. So there is a hope that it'll come out for PSP.

For the PSP processor uncapping... PSP firmware 1.00 ran at 333mhz constantly without the need for modifications. It was only toned down when 1.50+ firmwares came out, don't know the reason behind that though.

candyman
    Quote Originally Posted by evolve View Post
    For the PSP processor uncapping... PSP firmware 1.00 ran at 333mhz constantly without the need for modifications. It was only toned down when 1.50+ firmwares came out, don't know the reason behind that though.
    Well, this is interesting!!! - Goes to prove that SONY COULD re-instate if they wanted to! - However aren't they saying that the capping is not a firmware block, but rather a limitation in the SDK? Which does sound odd!!! - Maybe Sony are Full of Sh*t!?

Hyper

maccabi723
    I'd never heard that 1.0 ran the processors at full speed, certainly possible.
    Have any more info on it evolve?

Sony certainly could unlock it, firmware loaders, the custom firmwares and the unofficial psp sdk (http://ps2dev.org/psp/Projects) all support it, almost every homebrew app (especially emulators) that uses it (almost all) has the option to set the cpu speed.

They have so far just chosen not to.

Junior Member PSP User
    Personally I believe Sony is way up there A-hole. Seriously though I just think there full of un-promised let downs that will eventually have a major impact in there fan base. This will be there demise in years to come unless they actually move away from there rectal area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast