Thread: Media go error 80048A80

1. #1 Media go error 80048A80 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Well it seems I have a problem guys. I have a 1001 phat psp /w a pandora battery. the firmware when i bought it was 5.00 mm3-6. i have put it to ofw 6.37 (i think.. whatever is the "freshest") now i have bought final fantasy 7 on the psn. you need to use media go to put it on my psp. or the psn downloader i tried both and each and every time i try to get it over to my psp so i can play i get the same error. An error occured when communicating with the server.(80048A80) i can freely xfer vids and music but not the game i paid for! any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

oh p.s i really am a noob about all this. i got the psp off ebay and it came modded. all the jargon i know i learned from hours of researching on how to get these lil problems addressed. so please take it easy on me!
    Last edited by yesiinhale; 02-05-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: I'm a grammar nazi

Senior Member I Modded My PSP NeoShadow7890's Avatar
    maybe your internets keeps on dropping out
    Last edited by NeoShadow7890; 02-05-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    you have to activate your psp...sign into to psn on your psp, go to account management>system activation and activate the games for it
    [CENTER]

Junior Member PSP User
    i'll give it a go Goku as soon as Scott Pilgrim VS The World gets done xfering. i will give you a update in about 15 minutes. hopefully one filled with yays and !!!!!!'s and win!

Junior Member PSP User
    crud crud crud i went and tried and it said screw you hippie. as a parting comment it laughed and said an error has occured (80109D80)

Junior Member PSP User
    ugh tried de activating and then went to re activate and now it wont and says error 80109D80 again.

i didn't wanna jinx you but that's what mine does...what it means, when i called Sony and they told me this, is that you've attempted to activate your psp too many times and is now banned from activation.

the ban is 24hrs unless you attempt it again within that 24hrs then it's a week to the day of that ban...so wait about 8-10 days and then try again, mine's been giving me that error for about 6 months now and 3 weeks of Sony trying to figure it out for me too. basically i was told i need a new psp, i told them no way in hell since your 6.31 update did this to my psp when i updated from 6.20 (which worked perfectly).
    [CENTER]

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    i didn't wanna jinx you but that's what mine does...what it means, when i called Sony and they told me this, is that you've attempted to activate your psp too many times and is now banned from activation.

the ban is 24hrs unless you attempt it again within that 24hrs then it's a week to the day of that ban...so wait about 8-10 days and then try again, mine's been giving me that error for about 6 months now and 3 weeks of Sony trying to figure it out for me too. basically i was told i need a new psp, i told them no way in hell since your 6.31 update did this to my psp when i updated from 6.20 (which worked perfectly).
    Not surprised that Sony fucked you over.

Junior Member PSP User
    is sony actually wanting people to shun buying games and stuff off of the psn? guess i will try not doing anything with it for like 8 days to be safe. i just bought the psp a week ago, dammit. going legit seems to be anti-productive. I feel like the sheriff of nottingham in robin hood where he's like.. "for once in my life i will have something pure"...

that's really what they did, they lost paying customers for their psn titles...I just can't use demo's or their game titles on my psp's
    [CENTER]

Junior Member PSP User
    well i tried today and was able to download a demo and a comic book, but it STILL won't give me my (insert many and varied expletives here) final fantasy 7. and can't activate the psp either from the psn or on the psp itself.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    PSN has been messing up for me also. Maybe that rootkit also effects the psp through psn?

Junior Member PSP User
    i have no clue. *cry* i just want my final fantasy 7! is that so bad? Karma i'm sorry i smacked the cat, but in my defense he bit me on the face!