hellz no yur maybe sony in disqise u and all perfect spelling lol
| || |
Hi, I'm new to these forums and have recently acquired a 2.6 (non-virgin) psp. To avoid asking noob questions as much as possible i've spent a good amount of time browsing these forums in an attempt to get an understanding of the whole procedure for getting my psp to version 1.5 and being able to use devhook.
I basically have four questions:
1) If I decide to run homebrew on my 2.6 without changing the firmware version, which version of GTA: LCS should I be looking to purchase? Is there anything that distinguishes it from other versions as far as appearance, date of manufacture, etc?
2) What is Kxploit? I read the sticky on it in this forum but my knowledge as to what it is/ if I would need it to run homebrew on my ideal setup (see question 3) is cloudy.
3) If I want to downgrade my psp to 1.5 (my ideal setup) and then use devhook to run games that require newer firmware, how easy is this process and is GTA: LCS initially required for me to perform the downgrade procedure?
Also, if anyone could verify the integrity and/or requirements for use of these two installers, that'd be great: Devhook 0.46 Ultimate Installer and Easy 2.5/2.5 downgrader
4) I realize this question has the potential to get this entire thread deleted, but I am inquiring about which programs/methods to use to run .ISOs. If it is legal to do so, could someone please point me in the right direction as far as this goes? I am in no way asking where to get .ISO files, but am instead asking about the software used to run them. From what I've gathered it would supposedly be easiest on a 1.5 psp using Devhook? I'm sorry in advance if this causes any trouble (I will gladly delete this section of the post if its a violation of anything).
-Thank you all so much for any help you can provide
1. the gta version u need will have the 2.00 update on it, not the 2.60 update
2. kxploit is a program that extracts homebrew onto the memory card and creates the folders for it to run correctly
3. u NEED gta to downgrade. end of story. theres no other way. i used the devhook ultimate installer with no hang ups, as well as the easy downgrader with sucess.
4. if u wanna dump and run your own isos, use fastloader. it will let u dump it in parts to your pc harddrive. its better in 1.5 as well. much faster
Thanks a bunch Julie. Hah, and no, I'm not sony in disguise. I just thought you guys would appreciate a more thoughtful post as most of the one's i've seen posted by noobs are borderline, if not already, incomprehensible. Again, thanks a bunch for the info. Oh, one last thing about the 2.0 GTA- Am I safe buying any retail version of the game and getting 2.0 or are some of them already updated?
all the new ones are patched, get a preowned one or rent from blockbuster, cause you only need it for 5minutes for the downgrader but eloader you need to boot up GTA everytime you want hommebrew or emu's.
|« Need help with urgrading to 2.60 | 2.8 Hack possible? »|