Thread: PSP 1000 5.50 GEN D-3 to CFW 6.60

1. #1 PSP 1000 5.50 GEN D-3 to CFW 6.60 
    Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I've last checked in with the whole modding scene. I apologize if this topic has been gone over extensively but I can seem to find what I need from the search bar on this forum or on Google.

Google was not my friend on this one....

From what I was able to piece together from some of the threads I thought relevant to my situation, I tried updating my PSP 1000 CFW 5.50 GEN D-3 to 6.60 ME 1 from Neuron's bundle. Followed the instructions included in the description on the download page from this site and nothing. Got the "no need to update as my system version is 9.90"?!?!?!?!?!?

Would really like to get the latest CFW for my 1000. Can someone please give me a step by step with links or link me to a step by step with what I need to do? I have modded up to this point on my own but its been such a long time and with such a huge gap now between then and now that now I have no clue what to do. As evident in my unsuccessful attempt described above. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    for those who do not have the D installer handy anymore, download it here
    once it's installed, exit usb mode and go to your games, run it and choose the 2nd option to install 5.50 ofw
    once it's complete, reboot and discard this updater and then plug back into your pc and now paste the update folder you made on your desktop and paste it in your game folder.
    exit usb and run the updater

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    here is the real way so you dont have to goto ofw

1. Press select in xmb and where it says usb device change it from memory stick to flash 0
    connect to computer.

2. Don't touch anything in the usb, just search for the file, version.txt.

3. Open it up and change release number from 9.90 to 5.50 or lower than 6.20 or anything you want your version number to be.

4. Change usb device back to memory stick.
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

whats wrong with the method i posted dank?
    it works perfectly and much safe(no need to tamper with flash0)

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Mine saves steps that's how and I'll your doing in flash0 is changing the verison text noway mess up lol
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Thanks for the help Pirate and Dankgame.

I am at 6.60 ME now.

I was in the exact same situation as Rocket. About a year since I last messed with my psp and I was on 5.50 gen-d3. This got me back up to date. Thank you.

ACK! I thought I was happy but something bad happened. I'm on 6.60 but my psp seems to be no longer modded. Did I use original instead of custom? Please help. I can't access ISO's or enter recovery mode.
    Last edited by dankgame; 10-01-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: please dont double post

install 6.60 LME from the downloads section then go and install 6.60ME from there as well no biggie if you did go OFW their both signed

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    you guys have no idea how many times me and dank write that gen bypass in a day. prolly it's time i should make guide for that shit , and just post it on a post where it's needed.

I certainly would i keep a how not to spam text file for the forum i co-administrate for idiot spammers who cant pay attention to stickies helps ALOT when it comes to having to write the same thing over and over

@ to both of you
    this guy had aldready been answered to in an other thread
    thats why i didnt bother

thank you for the info!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am in the same situation. I currently have 5.50 Gen-D3 CFW installed. I have followed the steps above and changed the versions.txt file so version now reads 5.50

I have downloaded the 6.60 CFW and OFW from the links in the download section. I then put the UPDATE folder from the CFW in to the Game folder on the memory card. I have also put the me_installer folder from the OFW in to the Game folder on teh memory card. When I run the PSP Updater ver 6.60 from the memory card it starts and asks me if I want to download the 660.pbp from the internet, I select yes. After a few seconds I get a screen up reporting that the game can not be started.

Please can someone point me in the right direction for what I should be doing. This is being done on an old fat PSP 1000

Thanks

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abernus View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I am in the same situation. I currently have 5.50 Gen-D3 CFW installed. I have followed the steps above and changed the versions.txt file so version now reads 5.50

I have downloaded the 6.60 CFW and OFW from the links in the download section. I then put the UPDATE folder from the CFW in to the Game folder on the memory card. I have also put the me_installer folder from the OFW in to the Game folder on teh memory card. When I run the PSP Updater ver 6.60 from the memory card it starts and asks me if I want to download the 660.pbp from the internet, I select yes. After a few seconds I get a screen up reporting that the game can not be started.

Please can someone point me in the right direction for what I should be doing. This is being done on an old fat PSP 1000

Thanks
    you should've created your own thread man. you're gonne be help faster.

well lol!
    this guy started a new thread posting the same topic--A DOUBLE POST which aint allowed here.
    you should've just let it be here and i would have answered you without any fuss.