Thread: Questions about the ISO directory, Mini SD cards and OFW vs. CFW ~

1. #1 Questions about the ISO directory, Mini SD cards and OFW vs. CFW ~ 
    very cool site, again and thanks. It looks like I was able to get everything to run without too many errors. I do however have a couple questions/ statements, that I want to make sure I am correct about or if I'm full of sh!t:

1.)You can only run one ISO image within the ISO folder. Meaning if I wish to play a different game, I would have to take the current file out and replace it with another. I had attempted to test out one ISO to make sure it worked, which it did. Then I would place more files in the ISO directory only to see the PSP would only recognize the one file I initially placed in there.

2.) I am using a 32gb mini SD card with a Memory Stick adapter. The PSP had issues with formatting the drive. It would just fail regardless of how many times I attempted it. It would not run any emulators or ISO files. It would just keep saying corrupt file and then delete the files. What I did to fix this was to take another 1gb memory stick (That was formatted), take the entire information (directory, folders, files) and copied it over to the 32 gb mini SD card. When I placed it into the PSP it was then able to read and play any files. I'm curious however if this will bring up issues in the long run. I tested to make sure the PSP would read files off the memory stick even if I had stored over 1gb of data, and it works just fine. When I look at the information section of the Memory Stick on the PSP it just says 'unknown'

3.) I am currently running everything on a OFW version of 6.60. Is there any advantages to running CFW instead, or am I fine with using the current setup?

Thank you again, in advance, for any assistance or advice =)
    peace,

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Okay There are a few things I can mention that might give you a little assitance with your set up.

1) You should be able to run as many games as you would like on the memory stick as long as you have the room for it. You will want to make sure you are using ISO files and that the actual ISO is in the ISO files and not in folders in the ISO folder on the root of the memory stick.
    It should look like this Ms0:ISO>Monster Hunter.ISO

I don't know why you are having this problem, I just thought I would give you the basic instructions on how to set up that folder. Someone else might know the answer to your exact problem if this doesn't help.

2) I have the same problem with my memory stick since I have a similar set up. So far I havn't had any issues and many others use a set up like this so you should be okay with that.

3) I don't know how you are running an ISO file with OFW installed because you have to have some form of CFW to run ISO's. Unless they have a signed ISO loader not sure about that.
    There are some advantages to having CFW, you can just do alot more with CFW like back up your games to the memory stick and run homebrew. There is also much more that you can do.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP kjata123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _joshuaTurbo View Post
    2.) I am using a 32gb mini SD card with a Memory Stick adapter. The PSP had issues with formatting the drive. It would just fail regardless of how many times I attempted it. It would not run any emulators or ISO files. It would just keep saying corrupt file and then delete the files. What I did to fix this was to take another 1gb memory stick (That was formatted), take the entire information (directory, folders, files) and copied it over to the 32 gb mini SD card. When I placed it into the PSP it was then able to read and play any files. I'm curious however if this will bring up issues in the long run. I tested to make sure the PSP would read files off the memory stick even if I had stored over 1gb of data, and it works just fine. When I look at the information section of the Memory Stick on the PSP it just says 'unknown'

3.) I am currently running everything on a OFW version of 6.60. Is there any advantages to running CFW instead, or am I fine with using the current setup?

Thank you again, in advance, for any assistance or advice =)
    peace,
    because you're using SDHC with photofast or something adaptor your using. its not MagicGate supported.

as for the Firmware. if you're trying to run ISO,homebrew like he said you need CFW for your current version 6.60 ME-1.6 is the latest. With CFW you can run your backed up games,homebrews, PSX games, and run some plugins. If you want to install CFW we should know first if your psp is fully hackable if you didnt install any CFW before. You can check Pirate's Guide in my sig