Thread: Help with CFW for PSP Slim 2001

1. #1 Help with CFW for PSP Slim 2001 
    Good day to all.

I'm looking to re-hack my PSP(yes I once had chickhen M33-6). I updated the CFW to the 6.39 OFW, and I'm kicking myself in the ass for doing so.

So here is the run down on the PSP I would like to re-hack. It's a PSP Slim 2001( not sure ). Tried looking for the motherboard number but I couldn't find it. The Firmware is the OFW 6.39. The serial number starts with an HU, and like I said before the PSP was hacked before in 2010 with ckhckhen M33-6. I still not sure if it was M33-6 of 5.

I also googled info about hacking OFW 6.39 for the PSP and found this ( CFW 6.39 ME-2 Installer for OFW 6.39 | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable ). I would like to make sure if that's the way to go to re-hack the PSP or if there's a better way to do so.

My knowledge on moding the PSP is very limited and any help would be great.

Thank you guys for your time and help.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Well my knowledge about hacking 2k psp's is limited also.(because I have never done it) Anyway I know for sure that you can follow this guide below and it will put you on a lite CFW and you can use this until someone more experienced in the area can get here to help. Since your on 6.39 you might as well go on and update to 6.60 which is more recent and has more support.

Lite CFW is basically the same as a full CFW, the only difference is that when you shut the psp off you will have to run the Launcher every time you turn the psp on from the OFF state.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it: 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the "PSP" folder and then the "GAME" folder and then in that "GAME" folder make a new folder named "UPDATE" (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to Memory Stick in the GAME section on the PSP'S XMB.

Now to install LCFW.

1) Download the LCFW from this link and have it ready: 6.60LME-1.6 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and open the "GAME" folder. (If you don't know where to find this folder look at step 3 above)
    3) In the download there should be two folders named "Installer" and "Launcher" put those two folders into the "GAME" folder.
    4) Exit USB mode and go to the memory stick icon under the game section in the XMB and run the "Installer" first and then after reboot run the "Launcher"
    5) Now whenever you turn the psp ON from the OFF state you will have to run the "LAUNCHER" to get back onto CFW since this is a LITE CFW.

Enjoy!

If you can figure out what MOBO your psp has someone will be able to help you out with installing a full CFW on the psp.(if possible)
    Last edited by Flash 0; 01-13-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Cool, I will give this a shot. @Flash 0

Is there a way to use the LCFW update to install a full CFW?

Tried looking for the motherboard on the PSP but no luck at this point, does anyone know it I can search by serial number?

There are two seperate downloads for Lite CFW and a FULL CFW. But if you decide in the future that you can install a FULL CFW I can give you a link and it won't be any harder to install that than it is the LCFW.

What color is the psp?
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

The PSP is black. The full CFW would be great. And like I sad before I was about to hack the PSP before and now just looking to re-hack.

With the LCFW will I be able to use any emulator and run PSX iso?

Also, if I can load the LCFW wouldn't I be able to run the full CFW?

Yeah you can use any up to date emulator and PSX EBOOTS.

And no just because you can run a LCFW doesn't mean you can run a FULL CFW. A LITE CFW can be used on any psp while a FULL CFW can only be used on 1k's and some 2k's.

Since your psp is black it makes it about a 50% chance you can run a FULL CFW and if you can't you would get a brick. Again if I knew the first thing about checking the mother boards I would show you how but I don't know much about it.

That's cool, I think my motherboard is okay for the hack because I was able to hack it before with chickhen M33-6, but I also would like to make sure.

Still looking to see if I can link a motherboard to a PSP serial number.

Serial number on my Black PSP 2001 starts with HU1, I found that PSP with the serial number HU2 have the motherboard that can't be hacked.
    Last edited by ether crow; 01-13-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Serial number of PSP...

Use this to find out what your motherboard version is. If it LESS than a ta-088v3 (meaning ta-088v2 or lower, just to clarify), then you know you are safe to install a full custom firmware.

PSP module checker v3.0 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita

Put this is the GAME folder and then run the Lite CFW and then run this and it will show you what MOBO you have.

So if my motherboard is less the ta-088v3 then just run the CFW update like the LCFW update?

If not I can just run the LCFW. Coolbeans.

Yeah just run this ME INSTALLER only if your MOBO is below ta-088v3.

6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita There is the link in case you don't have it yet.

The motherboard on my PSP 2000(Slim) is ta-085 v2.

Everything load nicely with no problems. Thank you for the help Flash 0.
    Last edited by ether crow; 01-14-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Glad you got it working.

Does anyone know if the motherboard on the red God of War slim is the same for everyone?