Thread: Running ISOs of DEVHOOK 0.46

1. #1 Running ISOs of DEVHOOK 0.46 
    I am currently using DEVHOOK 0.46 and I have searched all over for a tutorial for some basic instructions on it but I can't find anything. I have taught my self most of the stuff I need to do but I can't figure out how to run ISOs. I used ultimate installer so there was a folder created for my ISOs, I put them in there but when I start DEVHOOK there is no option to run ISOs like I've seen in the other tutorials for older verisons. Down in the bottom corner it says Home + L/R to change ISO in XMB (I'm not sure what that means but I tried it and it did nothing). If some one could please give me a quick rundown on how to load and run ISOs I would greatly appreciate it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    There are some pretty good tutorials on this site that can help you out.

You really only use the first 4 selections from devhook..

1. copy your .iso file into the memory stick into the /ISO folder (off the root).
    2. set the cpu to the 111/222 setting (not to much requires it to be higher really).
    3. set your firmware to 2.71
    4. set the setting "reboot xmb".

then choose start... the circle button in devhook is your selecter/enter button.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Unforgiv3N's Avatar
    I know your problem, you have to insert a UMD (only Game UMDs and DEMO UMDs not supported for Video and Audio UMDs ) into the drive then when the UMD going to load Press Home + L/R ( UMD needed to launch the ISO ) but if you have a v1.5 ISO File you can run it directly without the UMD in Drive!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    your talking about your own backed up isos right lol..?

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

Quote Originally Posted by spikyhunter3
    Of Course.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiv3N
    I know your problem, you have to insert a UMD (only Game UMDs and DEMO UMDs not supported for Video and Audio UMDs ) into the drive then when the UMD going to load Press Home + L/R ( UMD needed to launch the ISO ) but if you have a v1.5 ISO File you can run it directly without the UMD in Drive!
    I think I already tried this but I will try again when I get home from work then post my results.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spikyhunter3
    there is no point in asking that...
    people lie now a days...
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

I've tried everything and it still isn't working. Here is what I have. I ripped my copy of GTA LCS using fast loader and put it in the ISO folder in my root and labeled it as GTA LCS. I start DEVHOOK and reboot into 2.71. Now, i press home + L/R, Nothing except for it flashes 222 MHZ at the bottom corner. Scroll over to the game and highlight the umd icon (using syphon filter) press home + L/R, Nothing. Start the game, during the boot up PSP screen press home + L/R, nothing. During the game I press home + L/R, nothing. I've tried just about everything I can think of. My Devhook settings are:

UMD SELECT = UMD DISC (there are no other options)
    FIRMWARE = 2.71
    CPU CLOCK = 222/111 MHZ
    BOOT SELECT = REBOOT IN XMB

Please help me.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    oh yeah...
    I remember I caught a kid on my colombian gaming forums (will not tell address, just for colombians![of course that forum is legal, as pspmod is])
    and he was telling us that he had about 50 psp games but doesnt know how to run them in 1.5 (thats a lot, if it were true, it was a..kid, very rick, you know what am talkin' about..) and I explained him with devhook and all those things and he told me that impossible, that the games wont display, and i told him that if he had an umd inside, and then he syad "I've no umds" of course he edited later the post, but I screenshoted "I have no umds" so off course the games came from nowhere!

edit:
    hey you HAVE to find the "umd iso" option, or the psp wont be cheated to think that the target on the iso folder is the data from umd... of course you will never load your gta if you choose umd disk, because the system wont be cheated and will think that all those files in "iso" are just useless information.. its impossible to only have "umd ddisk" option
    also you have to highlight the name of the iso you wanna play this must be the settings:

UMD GAME: (your gta file, then press O)
    UMD SELECT = ISO UMD
    FIRMWARE = 2.71
    CPU CLOCK = 222/111 MHZ
    BOOT SELECT = REBOOT IN XMB

1 error: I have no umd
    2 error: if you have the umd, why would you need to wait it for load from ISO folder, when you could just insert the disk...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    sounds like your not copying your iso into the ms0:\ISO subfolder

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    but weird to only have "UMD DISK" option...
    because there is a option where you choose
    between:

ISO NoUMD (1.50 Only)
    ISO ANYUMD-------------------> You have to choose this
    UMD DISK

then In the other option you will see this:
    UMD DISC
    ISO GAME(it doesnt says iso game, it says the name of the file, if for example gta is your highlighted iso, then it must appear "Gta.ISO")
    and the list keeps bigger as much isos you put in your ISO folder
    (you must have an ISO or the game file inside a "ISO" folder in the top of the memory Stick (where you see mp_root folder, and psp folder, you must create a "iso" folder and drop the games there)

WoooHooo!! I know I haven't posted in this thread for a little while but I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally figured out what I was doing wrong so hopefully next time someone won't be do the same noob mistake. After I backed up my game using fastloader I had to rename the file with .iso at the end. I assumed fastloader did this automaticly but appraently not. Therefore, devhook never recognized an iso so it never gave me the iso option. Thank you so much everyone for the help.