Thread: TA-082 FW:2.71 Devhook + CM question

1. #1 TA-082 FW:2.71 Devhook + CM question 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I have a question. I, unfortunately, have a TA-082 motherboard with 2.71 firmware. I found out there is a devhook for just this situation but I was wondering something.

Is there a possibility of me bricking my system by installing this?
    and
    Will CM work with it?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    No there is no chance of this bricking your psp
    First install HEN D (THis allows you to run homebrew, download it here http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=11444)
    Next you must install VSHEX MOD this is a mod of devhook that will work on 2.71. the link is here
    http://dl.qj.net/Devhook-Launcher-VS...1289/catid/151

ANyways just follow the instructions for the install from this and have HEN D enabled and you'll be fine. ONce you load the VSHEX MOD select 2.71 Nand Flash and then you can load any UMD Game you have and use CM with it.
    Once I locate the files for firmware 1.5 emulation I will give them to you.

To enable cheatmaster, just go to the add on menu once loaded and say, enable cheatmaster.

Hope this helped you!
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Junior Member PSP User
    Alright, I thought this:

http://www.dark-alex.org/

was the devhook that would run on 2.71 but I guess there's another one. I found that link from the sticky at the top of this forum. If something messed up or I decided to go back, how would I do that? I just got this psp, don't won't to mess it up.

Junior Member PSP User
    Bump

I'm just curious, what's the difference between Devhook launcher port to 2.71 (now with support of 2.71 flash) and VSHEX MOD?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    theres no "bump" on this site. we dont allow double posting. 3 times and youre banned for a week
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Junior Member PSP User
    Alright, I installed the HEND but nothing happened. I opened the MP_ROOT folder that I downloaded and copied all of the files to the root of the psp memory stick. I then went on my psp to images and to the HEND directory. It froze up and I couldn't do anything. After I saw the memory card light stop blinking for a while, I held the power switch for about 6secs and it finaly shut off. I then booted back up and everything was the same. I thought maybe it was suppose to be that way so then I went to devhook and copied the folder, not the contents, "dh" to the root of the psp. But I saw nothing to install this by on my psp and nothing happened. What did I do wrong?

Ok first of all there isn't really a difference as both allow you to do the same thing however VSHEX Mod just has more built in features. Also I forgot to mention this but have a custom backgrounf on when you run HEN D this should make it work. Oh and for the VSHEX Mod you have to put the _SCE_dh_MOD and the %_SCE_dh_MOD folders into the GAME folder on your psp.
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Junior Member PSP User
    Ok. I formatted the memory stick. I installed hend, this time it shut off. I then went to the devhook in the game section. There are two, a reconfigure and something else. I went the the latter one first. It give an error. I tried again. It give an error. Then I went to the reconfigure, it give an error. But I didn't have a custom background when installing the hend.

EDIT: Working!!!! The custom background worked. I did the hend install and it turned blue, then green and restarted, just like it was suppose too! Thanks mate! It appears that when I go to the addon menu, it already has cheatmaster installed. Can I now remove the hend out of the image folder?

EDIT2: Spoke too soon. I started devhook twice and now it don't work. I enabled cheatmaster then fired up Socom FTB. I tried what it said in one of the guides, press vol-,vol+ to open the menu and it didn't work. So a went home. I tried to boot up devhook but I got the error, can't play game. So I took the Socom UMD out and booted it. Error. I then went to the hend thingy and it turned blue then shut off. Did I break it already?

EDIT3: I have formatted the memory stick multiple times and tried again but now I can't get hend to install. It goes to the blue screen then just shuts down. No red, no green, no restart. This is getting annoying.

EDIT: It's working for now. Expect more questions.

EDIT: I figured out what is messing it up. It's got to me when I try to boot it with socom in. I can boot it without a umd and it works but when I boot it while socom is in the umd drive it messes it up and I have to reinstall. Why is this?

Make sure that for every time you turn the psp off (hold the powerr switch up for more than 5 seconds) you run HEN again. never remove it!
    also make sure you have selected to load a UMD DISC AND have firmware settings2.xx-2.00

Junior Member PSP User
    Alright. I haven't been running hend everytime. It appears to be working. Cross your fingers though.

yes it should work just be sure to use 2.71nandFlash option in firmware selct. THen just start devhook insert a UMD and you can use CM seeing as you have already enabled it.

Junior Member PSP User
    Yup, it's working for sure now. And 2.71 nand flash is the only one in there.

I'm good to go. Thanks for your help. I'll probably have some more question soon. I like this homebrew stuff.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP theprof's Avatar
    Good to hear. Like it is pretty simple to set that up with hen c, devhook, etc. But getting it right for the first time is frustrating. It took me 4 days to get it right.
    My best memories go out to the nights that turned into mornings and the friends that turned into family.

yeah it can be frusterating but its seems like your getting it