No, I didn't brick my psp... Yet. (Knock on Wood) But I am having a minor difficulty understanding how to downgrade it. I got GTA: Liberty City Stories, and I have tried the program (Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe) a couple of times. This is the guide I am following, Written by Julie.
(Goto Bottom To Read My Issue)
2.50/2.60 Downgrader (Does NOT work on ta-082 motherboards) Also Required GTA
1) Copy the folder the DOWNGRADER/2.50/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.50
or DOWNGRADER/2.60/DOWNDATERTEST if you have 2.60 to /PSP/GAME/ in your memstick
2) Wait someone with 1.50 to pass you a folder called DOWNDATER and copy it to the root of your memstick.
3) Init gta and the eLoader
4) In the eLoader menu, choose the downdater test. WARNING: the program won't output any display and any warnings, it will init the downgrader process inmediatelly.
5) You'll see the your memstick flashing. That means that your psp is being flashed from the memstick.
You won't see any type of output in the screen (this is for safety). When the memstick finishes of flashing, WAIT at least a minute, and then reinit your psp by holding the power button.
6) That's all. If all went right, you'll have 1.50. If it went less good, you'll still have 2.50/2.60. If all went wrong, you'll have a bricked psp(except in the case you have the modchip) Remember that you have accepted that risk
- Users with TA-082 psp's shouldn try this. Also, it may be better that at the beginning, only users with a 2.50/2.60 NOT from factory (they updated from a below firmware)
This version also performs logging so be sure to have at least 16MB more on your memory stick before performing the downgrade.
Easy Downgrader Method By. Xtrusion
1. Download the FULL version of the 2.50/2.60 version HERE
2. Connect the USB cable to your psp and to your computer
3. Activate the usb connection by scrolling to the left in the XMB and clicking Circle
4. for best results, backup your memory card and use a empty card for the downgrade
5. Run the .EXE you downloaded and follow the instructions
Now I have went with the easy method by Xtrusion, through using the program but when it comes to Initing GTA and the eLoader, nothing happens, I just end up playing GTA, if anyone could tell me whats going wrong in this picture, it would be most helpful.