Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PSPMOD Clean UP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 PSPMOD Clean UP 
    Administrator I Modded My PSP
    Wowza!

This place has taken a battering by spam bots, I had implemented so many security questions and limitations that I thought that would do the trick, but nope we still got hammered!
    I have revised the security questions again, but could really do with a hand adding more questions to the site, they need to be simple so people can answer them but hard enough so a bot can not!

I have spent the last few hours sifting through and deleting spam, banning users and tweaking vbulletin, plus added a couple of plugins that should again further help with the spam problem.

I have finally resolved alot of issues I had which now gives me time again to devote to the site, so please do let me know if there is anything you would like me to add or change on the site.

I am also looking for more helpers on the site to help keep the content flowing on the site, as I have said before I will happily pay the right candidate, but im looking for someone to show they are worth paying, get started filling quality content / news and I will happily come to an arrangement where its worth your while!

I am going to recruit my brother here who will hopefully help with content and keeping things flowing aswell but would really like to get this place running as a community again.

L
    Good news bud

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Majorix's Avatar
    There are still spam threads being created as we speak. I hope you can find a permanent solution. Good luck and thank you.

Noticed they were created just before I implemented the new questions.
    Hopefully the next 24 hours will be spam free lol, atleast it better be the amount of things I have implemented.

If not will have to look into a custom solution.

L
    The spambots push the legit users to the botom of the "New Post" tab thus sometimes making it hard to help out people.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    bwhahahaha this is funny all i do anymore here is delete spam and as for new news and stuff webtek the scene is almost dead SAM JORDAM just killed the vita scene and now i hope team pro dose not follow coldbrid and leave cause pro c is wicked good all the current well know psp hacker are pissed off about this leak

but i will i guess psot the most recent news when its posted
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    You could always just use captchas for users with less than 5 posts. Once they hit the 5 then you can disable it.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

The bots were still easily breaking through recaptcha and custom questions on both the registration and posts as I have set for users with under 5 posts they have to go through human verifications before they can post.
    Today I have added a custom image verification system to the register page then re-added recaptcha for users under 5 posts, if that doesnt stop them i don't know what will! maybe adding recpatcha & image verification on the registration forms!

But we shall see how this new system handles them... fingers crossed!

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    They can't be stoped guy I'm your only way to get rid and ban them as your others shitty mods don't even come here anymore yeah I'm fucking talking about you TSO CBC pirate you muthafucker a don't do shit I say boot them off staff and find some people other then me to so some mod work as far as I can see el Guapo and myself are the only ones here helping so I don't know what to tell you
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Majorix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webtek View Post
    But we shall see how this new system handles them... fingers crossed!
    Dude, I hate telling it failed again

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    We need this guy for Super Mod

This. Is... my... BOOMSTICK!

OMG I need to watch that movie again. XD
    Last edited by Slowman; 10-13-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Jen
    Yes!!! We're coming back as a community !! Can't wait, I'll try to be on more often!

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Attack of the bots. Lmao.

Junior Member PSP User
    I love the PSP, I was there on day of releasing handing over my cash for the eagerly await console of the century. It'd be good to get the community back to full speed, just like the days when DarkAlex was a name everyone knew and Sony was threatening to sue anyone modifying the PSP OS lol!!!!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanBates View Post
    I love the PSP, I was there on day of releasing handing over my cash for the eagerly await console of the century. It'd be good to get the community back to full speed, just like the days when DarkAlex was a name everyone knew and Sony was threatening to sue anyone modifying the PSP OS lol!!!!
    Man, those were the days. It's certainly not like that anymore and it's sad. This place feels dead compared to what it was like when I left back in 2007.

Is it just because the PSP is nearing end of life? Or did I miss something that happened that tore the community apart?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast