Thread: PSPMOD Is Back ;)

1. #1 PSPMOD Is Back ;) 
    Administrator I Modded My PSP
    So... its been awhile since the forums were up & even longer since I have posted.

Long story short, my other host was hacked wiping out just about every site i owned & as luck would have it the backups were junk as well due to a sync issue that was not noticed until it was too late.

By chance I was working on a clients server last week and somehow I must have uploaded a backup of pspmod to the wrong server (my clients) so sitting there in all its glory was a full backup.
    I crossed my fingers, transferred it to my new host & hit restore.... to my surprise it worked!

So here we are again

Now, of course the activity on the site is almost non existent along with our ranking's currently, although I plan on working on those in the coming weeks to help push things along.

The main thing however that I wont have much time for is content.

Now I would prefer to pay an established member to post some decent content (PS Vita, PS3/PS4 Hacks / Tutorials) on a regular basis so if you would be up for something like this PM me your skype username and we can have a chat as to how to proceed.

I would also be interested if anyone has any idea's on what content they would like to see here.... maybe VR related?

L
    Quote Originally Posted by webtek View Post
    So... its been awhile since the forums were up & even longer since I have posted.

Long story short, my other host was hacked wiping out just about every site i owned & as luck would have it the backups were junk as well due to a sync issue that was not noticed until it was too late.

By chance I was working on a clients server last week and somehow I must have uploaded a backup of pspmod to the wrong server (my clients) so sitting there in all its glory was a full backup.
    I crossed my fingers, transferred it to my new host & hit restore.... to my surprise it worked!

So here we are again

Now, of course the activity on the site is almost non existent along with our ranking's currently, although I plan on working on those in the coming weeks to help push things along.

The main thing however that I wont have much time for is content.

Now I would prefer to pay an established member to post some decent content (PS Vita, PS3/PS4 Hacks / Tutorials) on a regular basis so if you would be up for something like this PM me your skype username and we can have a chat as to how to proceed.

I would also be interested if anyone has any idea's on what content they would like to see here.... maybe VR related?
    I might be interested but I also do not have alot of spare time. I'll PM you if I can figure out a schedule.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    you're going to pay us to look for shit that no one is working on? psp hacking is pretty much a dead thing. the vita flooped like a fish on land and no one is bothering to hack it. this site ain't going anywhere by focusing on PSP/VITA. needs to really be more gaming in general. for all platofrms, and other shit. and the site name has hit total irrelevancy.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

4. #4 Hate to break it to you but... 
    ... the PSP is dead and I'm not sure if the Vita ever lived

That's quite a recovery story though!

Member PSP User
    Nice to see a PSP mod site back. Just because the PSP is dead is no reason to not have the site. I belong to sites covering the SEGA SMS/Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast, the Atari 8-bit consoles/computers/Jaguar, the Nintendo SNES/64/GC/Wii/GBA/NDS, the Playstation 1/2/3/PSP/Vita, and general retro sites as well. I still have my PSP 2000 and still use it. I plan more homebrew for it later in the year. I tend to cycle between various consoles, and I'm currently on the Saturn and Dreamcast.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Nice to see a PSP mod site back. Just because the PSP is dead is no reason to not have the site. I belong to sites covering the SEGA SMS/Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast, the Atari 8-bit consoles/computers/Jaguar, the Nintendo SNES/64/GC/Wii/GBA/NDS, the Playstation 1/2/3/PSP/Vita, and general retro sites as well. I still have my PSP 2000 and still use it. I plan more homebrew for it later in the year. I tend to cycle between various consoles, and I'm currently on the Saturn and Dreamcast.

im not saying ignore the psp. i mean its a great system, still has a use, but to focus the site on that is asking to be as irrelevant as burnie sanders. to need to stretch out, and cover anything gaming related. but thats probably gone to places like reddit.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    IMO, go with what's "in vogue" right now. The "game collector" community is thriving and if you can tap into that community and meet their needs then you'll have an audience. I have found that these folks are very receptive to custom firmwares when they discover that they can rip their PS1 games, convert them to EBOOT, and play them on a hacked PSP. PSP is still relevant to people and there are 75 million+ systems out there so it has a huge potential audience. Refer to RF Generation. The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases., for example. Basically, the original purpose of the site is still relevant but the audience needs to be found

As with all social media ventures I've been a part of, they start off VERY slow but they slowly gain an audience. This snowballs but you gotta keep it up, whatever "it" is.

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Oh webtek trying to pull a me now I see, gonna start the site back up and shut it down a hour later lol, j/k webtek. I did basically do that.

I have a vita with 3.60 I can make a vid loading HENkaku or something. It's suppose to be a breeze of a back with some badass potential!
    Last edited by thecoo1est; 10-08-2016 at 07:05 AM.

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    IMO, go with what's "in vogue" right now. The "game collector" community is thriving and if you can tap into that community and meet their needs then you'll have an audience. I have found that these folks are very receptive to custom firmwares when they discover that they can rip their PS1 games, convert them to EBOOT, and play them on a hacked PSP. PSP is still relevant to people and there are 75 million+ systems out there so it has a huge potential audience. Refer to RF Generation. The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases., for example. Basically, the original purpose of the site is still relevant but the audience needs to be found

As with all social media ventures I've been a part of, they start off VERY slow but they slowly gain an audience. This snowballs but you gotta keep it up, whatever "it" is.
    Vgeaterburst.com ??

We can set it up!

Let's get a layout, let's do some planning.

Lea
    So.... anyone up for a Resistance match? :3 IF THE SERVERS WEREN'T DEAD YET.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    So.... anyone up for a Resistance match? :3 IF THE SERVERS WEREN'T DEAD YET.
    All servers have been down for the longest

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    Glad it's still here. Hi guys.

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."