Thread: Events on calender from banned member

1. #1 Events on calender from banned member 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    Just letting you know admin. It's obvious which one it is, seems to be recurring.
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jediknightjace's Avatar
    If you are talking about the "Contest" involving a "Shrink Ray", that has been there for a while and has not done anything new lately.
    There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediknightjace
    If you are talking about the "Contest" involving a "Shrink Ray", that has been there for a while and has not done anything new lately.

It should still be removed. IMHO
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Taken care of.

5. #5 Hi! and Help! 
    Hello there!

I am new here. But, I don't own a PSP. Yet.

Can anyone give me buying tips?

1. which version?
    2. are all PSP products the same in terms of quality (japan or china)
    3. are the features the same if I buy china made instead of japan?
    4. what's the current price now?
    5. which accessories do I need?

The most important object in my life, besides money (hehe), is my computer. I love all kinds of tech gadgets, but computers are my fave.

I am a casual gamer. I browse the web a lot and read lots of fanfictions. I also download multimedia stuff. And I do all these things at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking!

So, Hi again and Help please!!!

I wanna own a PSP ASAP!!!

sleekskins
    Hi and welcome.

Let's see... Seeing as you like to browse the net, i think a PSP version 2.0 or above should be fine. If you connect your PSP to a wireless router using wifi you can use the browser and go online when you're not at a PC.

PSP's are region free in that they allow you to play any game from any country, and as long as your PSP is at the right version, eg. you can't play a game that's version 2.60 on a 2.0 PSP: you'll have to upgrade your PSP in order to play it. However the PSP is not region free when it comes to playing UMD movies and music. So if you're looking to buy a Chinese PSP you'll only be able to watch Chinese UMD's because they're region 3. With a Japanese PSP you can watch Japanese UMD's and also UK UMD's seeing as both countries have region 2 discs.

Prices will depend on where you are and whether you want to buy a standard pack, value pack or giga pack. The standard pack is just the PSP console with the battery and charger, and a 32MB memory stick. The value pack comes with the console, battery, charger, a 32MB memory stick, soft case, earphones, wrist strap and cleaning cloth. The giga pack comes with everything in the value pack, along with USB cable and a 1GB Pro Duo memory stick. Let me know what country you're in, and whether you don't mind buying online, and i can find out prices for you.

For acessories, the 32MB memory stick will not be enough, so you'll need to buy one that suits your needs. If you want to download and watch loads of videos or listen to lots of music on your PSP, a 1GB stick or higher will come in very useful. If you don't intend to use it all that much for those purposes, anything around 512MB should be fine. The memory stick has to be either a duo or pro duo memory stick, or a Sandisk gaming memory stick. A screen protector is very good too. If you apply one as soon as you get your PSP the screen won't get scratched. You might need to buy a USB cable to transfer things to your PSP, but if you've got a digital camera, check the transfer cable that comes with it and see if that'll work with your PSP. If not they're quite cheap. And you might want to get another pair of headphones too: i've got PSP earphones from the UK, US and Japan and two set have broken within the year, the third is barely audible.

I think that's enough to get you started, but if you have any more questions, ask away and we'll try to help.