Thread: Why Not Add Shopping Ads?

1. #1 Why Not Add Shopping Ads? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Hey guys,

I noticed that PSPMod runs Google ads on the forum to help to pay for the bills, which is quite good. But I would also like to suggest that they replace one of the AdSense units with some of those shopping comparators ads. I think that it would be a good idea, because a lot of people here are either looking for PSP, new PSP games or memory sticks. So if you display those products, lots of people would click the ads.

I use TTZ Media on my blog where I talk a lot about PSP games, and TTZ ads bring in more revenue than Google AdSense.

What do you think? If the forum admins would like some help implementing it, I would be happy to help because I have some PHP experience.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    if makes more money cool, but do people actually look at the Ads? i hardly notice them on the side.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    google brings in more visitors than ttz, ttz is for advertising, and thats it. google also links to their spiderbot for our site. so when people google for psp our site comes up higher than most others. It wouldn't hurt to have both, but I don't see a likely change any time soon.

if makes more money cool, but do people actually look at the Ads? i hardly notice them on the side.
    A small percentage does, and if a site has a lot of visitors then that "small percentage" translates to a big number.

google brings in more visitors than ttz, ttz is for advertising, and thats it. google also links to their spiderbot for our site. so when people google for psp our site comes up higher than most others. It wouldn't hurt to have both, but I don't see a likely change any time soon.
    Yup, I was thinking of adding TTZ into some kind of a rotation and keeping some AdSense. Anyways, I just wanted to throw the idea out there. Thanks for listening!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    if you want this site to earn more money then you need to click on the google adword links.
    im pretty sure the site gets payed per click.
    the more we click the more the site earns
    i try and click some of the links daily.

Quote Originally Posted by spleblem View Post
    if you want this site to earn more money then you need to click on the google adword links.
    im pretty sure the site gets payed per click.
    the more we click the more the site earns
    i try and click some of the links daily.
    I do too, but not everybody does so. The shopping ads could get some clicks from those people.