Thread: Phat Forum, Slim Forum

1. #1 Phat Forum, Slim Forum 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP EazyE's Avatar
    I see tons of crap that only work on phats. A few threads that pertain to Slim. Many threads that contain info for both and everyone's always having to ask each poster "phat or slim psp".

how about the forums splits into Slim and Phat forums or just have each forum available. battery mods are slighty different, homebrew was different until time machine, but i think it'd be a good thing so people can just go to their psp type forum considering slim homebrew/mods are on the rise. then us new slim users dont have to search through 47 pages of phat mods just to find out it doesnt work on slims.
    Last edited by EazyE; 02-29-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    I think this could be a good idea, what do you other guys think?
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Mudbone's Avatar
    Well it sounds like a good idea, but then when you are posting something that works for both you would have to post it in both forums...not sure how it would work out! I could see maybe making a category that deals with Slim only, with maybe a few sub-categories like slim homebrew, mods, and so on. But i wouldn't completely segregate the forums!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EazyE's Avatar
    exactly the plan mudbone. as more stuff emerges slim would get more subcategories. there's plenty of categories already for phats. phats arent going away, but slim, and possibly the new psp version will be coming in the future. i think for future organization this slight restructuring could keep the forum organized for new coming/existing members with single/multiple devices, etc.

and i realize maybe a majority of the long time members might have phats and might not visit the slim forum as much, but if they're anything like i am with my other electronic devices on the forums, they'll love going back and forth between the device forums assisting and learning more where they can. keeping current with new issues and helping with older issues.

its a great forum but i feel its getting a little too cluttered and confusing with info that's device specific.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Ctdash's Avatar
    I strongly agree with EazyE. I'm a newbie to this and so my opinion won't matter but running around the forums looking at multiples guides and searches engines on this dark site actually puts a strain on my eyes and nerves. I support the idea of a section supporting Slim only. Most of the help I have gotten were through instant messaging and PMs when I got frustrated with looking on the forums. I'm thinking if there was a category for the Slim, I wouldn't have had to go through numerous threads to get to where I am now.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dathan's Avatar
    I like the idea too but then again, like Mudbone stated what about both... I think the poster should state what kind of PSP they are needing help with from the begining
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

2.71>2.8>3.51 M33> 3.52 M33!!! Best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!!
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I like this idea. It'll stop all of this:

Knowledgeable member: "do you have a phat or a slim psp"
    Noob: "how can i tell"
    Knowledgeable member: " check if the speakers are at the bottom then its a phat, if theyre at the top its a slim"
    noob: " i cant see speakers?"
    Knowledgeable member: "take tha battery out and if behind it it says PSP-1000 then its a phat, PSP-2000 is a slim"

Sorry for the scenario, just an example

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    im all for this
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dathan's Avatar
    hmmmm... how about a Phat boy and a slimmy tech sections only
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

2.71>2.8>3.51 M33> 3.52 M33!!! Best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!!
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.