Thread: anyone suggest "google" rant, sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 anyone suggest "google" rant, sorry! 
    hey gang, not to be disrespectfull to the members who do it respectfully, but i have been reading around the forums and i dont know how many times i have seen "you ever heard of google" or "do you know what google is" !

i can tell ages of some members here who have already modified theyre devices, and think that earns them the right to be an ass, to someone who is just got them a psp.

that is in no way kool, if you dont have anything constructive to say to this "noob" then try not to hit that reply button,
    especially when suggesting google, HAVE YOU GOOGLED LATELY!
    try it type in "psp modding" 63 pages! where do you start?

i understand us noobs come in here and want answers now, most of us dont want to do the work, we want our hands held and you to walk us through a pandorazation of a battery, show me this show me that, how this how that!

i get it, its frustrating as hell, and i know you could add to that list, but the next time you suggest google, you might want to help by providing, maybe some advice on search parameters, anybody can google and usually do,thats how they find this place, (thats how i did)

now i know of offended at least a couple of you.....well GOOD! you are the ones im talking to, to my other fellow members i apologize for going on about this.

Peace!

i actually do agree, think about it, if you are pointing people towards google, your pointing them away from your site, = less hits = less posts = less googleable (sorry for making up a word)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Phoenix Knight's Avatar
    OK, when you have been here for a while and had the same question put up 10,000 times (How do i get homebrew? how do i play games? etc) you will understand the annoyed answers. I lurked around this site for weeks before i asked a question, I USED the search tool, and when it came time to ask a question, i knew it hadnt been properly explained anywhere.
    People get bored of the same rubbish questions. Im all for helpng noobs but people shouldnt be spoonfed, they should earn help by trying and looking themselves before asking questions.

BTW, before you flame me, I have been a member of this site for quite a while, I had a reason to remove my account and re-sign up.
    "Pandora Battery, MMS, A jedi needs not these things"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP itzzspencer's Avatar
    i mentioned this earlier in a thread... pretty much stole the words out of my mouth lol

FW history: 3.95 -> 3.71 m33 -> 3.80 m33 -> 3.90M33-4 -> 4.01M33-2

KmR
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker KmR's Avatar
    I always suggest Google because it is so much quicker to find out something. I hate how people ask simple questions without searching PSPmod or at least Google. Google has all your answers. Google has every thread indexed of this entire forum, every thread over at qj.net, maxconsole, etc, get the point? It will not only find your answer but you can look at different answers and figure out what your trying to do with more confidence. Seeing a new thread, "H3LP H0W T0 M4KE 4 P4ND0R4, IM N00B" is getting old. I think if you have under 15 posts, when submitting a new thread, a message comes up asking if you searched.

By the way, take one guess how I came across this site...
    Last edited by KmR; 08-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Google.com - Man's best friend.
    Prizerebel.com - Free shit. It works. Received $183.864 worth of prizes so far.

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    exactly. we have many guides that can spoonfeed you all the way though. if you cant find them, then its your fault.

@ phoenix knight, im not flaming, i have no right or desire to.
    of course like i said i can only imagine the veterans frustration at the same ol questions day in and day out, I guarantee i would get frustrated too!

what i am saying is that there are people on this site who have not been frustrated by this yet, they are the ones willing to still help, let them help!

if all you have is "google it" maybe you should not reply and let someone who will!

as always, thanks for your time, peace!

ps
    oh btw, this site does have an excellent "search" function! (the best i seen)
    Last edited by jblade; 08-17-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: post script

Quote Originally Posted by jblade View Post

if all you have is "google it" maybe you should not reply and let someone who will!
    You're a fucking asshole dude, I was on your side on this.

I was just supporting your idea, people should know how to use google, it should be a habit of using google.

Now I know you're just a retarded bitch .

EDIT: Before you say anything about that comment, it was a joke..
    Last edited by Chriscyco30; 08-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    ya ive almost come to the google it answers myself.most popular question is how do i make a pandora and a mms.theres like 50 topics on here alone that describe different methods.and as far as i know all still are valid enough to work.if you search for a specific thing in google it will find the exact link for you.i dont mind giving help and advice.however its obvious that you havent made an effort to search for yourself if its a really common question that theres lots of posts for.

if its something thats not everywhere i can understand the difficulty.but cmon now.show us that your at least willing to make the effort to look! that is all
    Last edited by R()H@X; 08-17-2008 at 07:25 PM.

the main problem i have is that i google something and get way to many responses i came across this forum by googleing PSP moding and found the pandora battery stuff but before that i came across several differant methods of CFW ing a PSP (most of which were out of date, its not so much as being able to google as being able to translate the information given from google, the issue here is we need a solid list maybe even down the left of the screen in a frame or something, that has 1 of each type of the most commonly used tutorials.

there is no lack of information, there is a flood of it, too much info for younger people to process i think

Leek
    Quote Originally Posted by KmR View Post
    . I think if you have under 15 posts, when submitting a new thread, a message comes up asking if you searched.
    Not true. Oh, and you got the justfuckinggoogleit.com thing from me, kthx

Quote Originally Posted by Leek View Post
    Actually I got it from another forums.... asshole, kthx.

Stop jumping to conclusions so fast, cause if you're wrong you look like a complete idiot(like right now).
    Last edited by Chriscyco30; 08-17-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Chriscyco30 joke or not your entitled to your opinion and i respect it.
    peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Leek View Post
    Oh and just wanted to add one more thing into the pot, he wasn't saying that's something that happens on the site, does the sentence look like he's saying it does? Nah, it looks like a suggestion to me. So tell me, how is it "not true".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast