Thread: About the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 About the site. 
    I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    After being on this site for a while, I noticed how most of us like to be assholes and such and flame noobs. After seeing what has happened, I think the immature acts should stop. Seriously, some of the things people posting now are just ignorant, and to be honest I might have been a little jerk myself.

After looking at this thread, I knew this site had to make a change. This is for everyone on this forum, be nice. No joke. This site really did go down the shitter, and it's obvious that we are the only ones that can bring it back up.

This is a serious matter guys, only we can turn this forum around. Be nice to noobs, and be nice to others. Now I'm not going to leave the site like most of the members here did, but if anyone here is willing to help change this site then just tell yourself you're doing the right thing .

bunnies ate my brain PSP Elite Hacker clwnz's Avatar
    i say chriscyco30 should have mod powers.

"I got ice in my veins,
    blood in my eyes
    Hate in my heart,
    love in my mind..."

Guide: OFW to CFW|Free ISO/ROMS!|OFW EBOOT|Guide: CFW w/o Pandora!
    MySpace|Homebrew Thread|PSP Folder Organization

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    I facepalmed so many times, I have a fractured forehead...

3. #3 Agreed 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post
    After being on this site for a while, I noticed how most of us like to be assholes and such and flame noobs. After seeing what has happened, I think the immature acts should stop. Seriously, some of the things people posting now are just ignorant, and to be honest I might have been a little jerk myself.

After looking at this thread, I knew this site had to make a change. This is for everyone on this forum, be nice. No joke. This site really did go down the shitter, and it's obvious that we are the only ones that can bring it back up.

This is a serious matter guys, only we can turn this forum around. Be nice to noobs, and be nice to others. Now I'm not going to leave the site like most of the members here did, but if anyone here is willing to help change this site then just tell yourself you're doing the right thing .
    I'd have to agree. Sure, I've had my fair share of misdeeds, but its getting ridiculous. Its why I haven't bothered with posting lately. I lurk around for information now, and go to sites like G4, Qj.net, etc. Honestly its just me getting tired of the same ol' same ol' all the time.

A lot of us have been thinking about what you said, but if anyone else but you or the ones who have special standing with the moderators and such said anything like you have they'd get a kick to the rear and a warning. I'm not going to say who said this, but its true, and I'll QTF. "Whenever I look in something its (member) or others being little (fill in the blank), as explained in that thread. I really have nothing to say, and even if I were to, I know I'd get shit on." I know there are more then one person thinking that.

So yeah, there is just my two cents. I'm not going to hold my breath on any improvement, and I'm not hoping for it either. I'll just pop in and out of forums for information and such, and I have better things to do like working on my photography, sketching, and other artistic portfolios. A lot of collages, including Humboldt State University and Vanguard University want me to study journalism, communications, and photography there. I want to own my own technology (video games, CES Live, etc.) magazine one day. I'm an ambitious person. (Waits for joke about women after this)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    A lot of us have been thinking about what you said, but if anyone else but you or the ones who have special standing with the moderators and such said anything like you have they'd get a kick to the rear and a warning. I'm not going to say who said this, but its true, and I'll QTF. "Whenever I look in something its (member) or others being little (fill in the blank), as explained in that thread. I really have nothing to say, and even if I were to, I know I'd get shit on." I know there are more then one person thinking that.

Ahem, i posted a thread like this a while back, and no, no one has 'special' treatment, you break a rule, you face the consequences. i would agree 100% with anyone who would write this. Alot of the generalizations being made are really just pointless. Do we not do our jobs as moderators? Do i not spend my time cleaning up the trash? i ban about 10-20 spambots in a 2 week interval. I make sure a member isnt necroing threads. I keep the spam out the spambox. what more do you want from us? so, right now, post ANYTHING YOU SEE WRONG WITH THE MANAGEMENT AT THE MOMENT. Anything. in this very thread. i will not hold any negative action toward you.

think of it as an evaluation. im all ears.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMB3Rs View Post
    Ahem, i posted a thread like this a while back, and no, no one has 'special' treatment, you break a rule, you face the consequences. i would agree 100% with anyone who would write this. Alot of the generalizations being made are really just pointless. Do we not do our jobs as moderators? Do i not spend my time cleaning up the trash? i ban about 10-20 spambots in a 2 week interval. I make sure a member isnt necroing threads. I keep the spam out the spambox. what more do you want from us? so, right now, post ANYTHING YOU SEE WRONG WITH THE MANAGEMENT AT THE MOMENT. Anything. in this very thread. i will not hold any negative action toward you.

think of it as an evaluation. im all ears.
    Its not you I have a problem with. You are a good member, you contribute, and you do your job as management. As does Pirate, who I respect just as much as you. I just think there are too few of you to actually manage the website and its members. Also, its not your negative action I'm worried about. Its the people who will be butthurt by what I want to say, so I'll keep my mouth shut. Not you, or Pirate, are the people I am worried about.

Also, its PSPMod as a whole that I am speaking of. People who speak up get shit on, simple and true, by members who act like high and mighty. It encourages others to do the same, just so they don't get cut at the neck to the point everyone labels them as a 'stupid, good for nothing, piece of shit' for basically no reason. I have examples, but since the arguments around them died down I will not bring them up again.

Also, when someone speaks up about something they don't like someone else comes around and acts like their opinion and enjoyment of a website doesn't matter one bit. That someone else is one of those 'high and mighty' members that everyone suddenly jumps to agree with.

6. #6 Faggots. 
    witchblade:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscyco30 View Post

Atleast someone understood this.
    The moderators are without doubt biased to you guys.I saw in the chat archives that a guy got perma banned for telling a mod that he was biased.How did that make any sense?
    And then another guy gets banned for telling a guy named Hack3r that he doesnt know proper english, was this because hack3r is on this site for longer time?
    And if a senior member starts flaming noob and he responds he gets banned[WTF].THats how you banned me.
    Isnot changing titles spam?Then why was no action taken?Lift the ban on all those people who were banned for spamming.But mods wont,ego gets in the way.Coz you guys think that you are know-it-all.
    Why are not people like mitochondria and few others get banned for rentlessly
    flaming us noobs huh?
    You guys just exploit the powers you have.
    Ban me if you want to coz thats the only thing you know.How many of you help the noobs?ALmost no one.Just name me 5 guys with 1000 or so posts who do that and are still active.Do you ever ban them?NO you dont.

Just give them a 6 month ban or a perma ban.You wont coz you dont have the guts.Ban me if you want to coz I TOLD THE TRUTH.
    Last edited by witchblade:D; 02-24-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: coz i wanted to

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    lets all be friends, and love the new people. were the moose and their the cat..see it works.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    It's sad to see really. The internet is one of the most amazing things to happen in human history. We now have the ability to communicate thoughts and ideas with anyone (almost) anywhere in the world at anytime. And yet it is squandered away by immature people. Seriously folks, don't misuse this incredible tool.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMB3Rs View Post
    ..... so, right now, post ANYTHING YOU SEE WRONG WITH THE MANAGEMENT AT THE MOMENT.....
    How about the lack of management?

Thats the problem. And people that think they run the place just cuz they have 1K+ posts.

I barely post anymore, if i post at all. I just feel like my maturity level is above a lot of people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    It's not really their fault though to be honest, it just so happens that the main age demographic here seems to be under 16, so there are going to be a lot of immature kids around posting, and it's just something you have to live with if you're going to post here. Kids will be kids.

It would be nice to have an adult PSP forum without all that stuff, but with the nature of the content, it's never going to happen.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    ChrisCycoThirty should become a mod. As much as I <3 Canada's Bacon, (no homo) he's never online, and when he is here he's in the chat box. He's even said he hasn't been that active... Chris has a concern for the site.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoS-FaCtiOn. View Post
    ChrisCycoThirty should become a mod. As much as I <3 Canada's Bacon, (no homo) he's never online, and when he is here he's in the chat box. He's even said he hasn't been that active... Chris has a concern for the site.
    I know chris has concern about this site, but do you feel that we as mods that we dont?
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by witchblade:D View Post
    How many of you help the noobs?ALmost no one.Just name me 5 guys with 1000 or so posts who do that and are still active.Do you ever ban them?NO you dont.
    all i do is help noobs and im close to 1000.
    (i know this is what this thread is about but it has to be said)
    all u do is try to help but no, u have to be all snobby or igorant about it
    and the only reason ppl flame noobs is cos the majority of them dont listen
    look whos talking
    Last edited by iPenguin; 02-24-2009 at 07:24 PM.

ythefuckdidyoupermabanme
    pspmod.com/forums/introduce-yourself/47903-what-fuck-new-post.html

Atleast someone understood this.
    The moderators are without doubt biased to you guys.I saw in the chat archives that a guy got perma banned for telling a mod that he was biased.How did that make any sense?

Yup, Impossibleme was banned for calling us biased, but for also starting arguments with moderators and even a few members, after being told to stop.

And then another guy gets banned for telling a guy named Hack3r that he doesnt know proper english, was this because hack3r is on this site for longer time?

referring to the post i made a while ago about harassing members, Hack3r was being flamed for his grammar/spelling. Hack3r was being harassed and i banned the guy. for a week.

And if a senior member starts flaming noob and he responds he gets banned[WTF].THats how you banned me.
    Isnot changing titles spam?Then why was no action taken?Lift the ban on all those people who were banned for spamming.But mods wont,ego gets in the way.Coz you guys think that you are know-it-all.

there was action taken. behind the scenes. and i had nothing to do with that.

Why are not people like mitochondria and few others get banned for rentlessly
    flaming us noobs huh?

I lay down the law. if someone goes beyond that line i do what needs to be done. Arguments will ALWAYS happen. i have no issue with that. when it turns into a flame fest, i stop it. Now, when i ask them to stop, a member will usually stop, but for some reason, that 'noob' you refer to decides to keep going as mito, or any of these 'others' defend his/herself. I dont see no problem with defending yourself, but to me, its like starting the argument all over again.

You guys just exploit the powers you have.
    Ban me if you want to coz thats the only thing you know.How many of you help the noobs?ALmost no one.Just name me 5 guys with 1000 or so posts who do that and are still active.Do you ever ban them?NO you dont.

Maybe because they dont act like asses, eh zarz? do you want to tell them how i helped you get your guide stickied? i felt it was good enough to sticky, and so did the other mods. and i will admit, i have not been the most helpful lately, mainly because i did my share back when i was still a member. im not as knowledgeable in the PSP scene as i used to be, but if i know an answer to a question ill help.

Just give them a 6 month ban or a perma ban.You wont coz you dont have the guts.Ban me if you want to coz I TOLD THE TRUTH.

Sure zarz. Ill give you a perm ban. i was nice enough to warn you about 10 fucking times about spamming the chatbox, because your a helpful member, but then you did it again, so i gave you 6 months to develop the function to listen. Know what? today, as i sat on the bus riding home from school, i thought 'that zarz guy wasnt too bad. ill unban him, and give him another chance.' well, i see you decided to take that into your own hands. you make a few dummy accounts, and try to act cool, slip by like we dont see you? yea, ok.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast