Thread: What this forum needs...

1. #1 What this forum needs... 
    Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    A sort of archives...When a thread reaches a certain age, it is STORED in an "Archives" section; for people researching information. The threads in this section cannot be posted in, so they'll never get bumped. They will simply be "good reads" for the information hungry. I think this will cut-back on the continuous old threads being bumped issue.

How will it work?

If a thread is posted in, there should be a timer that automatically counts down until it is either moved to the archives, or deleted/added to a spam folder. If there's no replies within a week's time, the thread will again, either be moved to the archives, or removed altogether in some way or another...This would have to exclude threads that keep track of homebrew updates; also threads like "The Signature Thread", and "Last Movie You Watched" would also need to be excluded; as these are always being posted in, just not on a regular basis.

I don't know if this code even exists, or if it's available...I just thought about something like this when i just recently viewed a two-year-old thread...
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    This information is still valuable to those that are searching for it. Along these same lines, I was thinking the other day that it would be in our best interest to archive some important files such as firmwares, exploits, common/good homebrew, etc. Most of us that do still have PSPs are using a 1K to 3K variant and will likely not buy new PSP hardware (I don't think... I don't know, would you?). Ours will become a niche community and if you folks want it to survive we'll need those files and the information Vanz_ wants to archive.

Edit: Who knows how much staying power the PSP will have? In 20 years I wonder what a mint condition Daxter Slim running 5.00M33-4 will be worth? Or a 1K running kxploited 1.50?
    Last edited by Slowman; 06-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Lea
    i want a "(name) is typing" feature in the chatbox. hahahaha.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    This site will most likely not see any new features, honestly, and besides chat, it's getting less and less interesting with each F5. I want the new site to finish already and I want admin to change the theme. There's a lot of wasted space and the color scheme yells "I'M A BLIND 360 GAMER".

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    This site will most likely not see any new features, honestly, and besides chat, it's getting less and less interesting with each F5. I want the new site to finish already and I want admin to change the theme. There's a lot of wasted space and the color scheme yells "I'M A BLIND 360 GAMER".
    There's a new site coming...? Cool. Well, fuck this thread I guess.
    It was just a thought I had.
    /Close Thread
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    opening the new site makes me wanna close it. that is all
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...