Thread: Just recieved a defective Pandora Battery from PSPMOD Shop

1. #1 Just recieved a defective Pandora Battery from PSPMOD Shop 
    Just received my Pandora battery in the mail today.

Does not work as advertised in the video; does not work at all in fact.

I inserted it into my PSP (Slim?) model: AB010031285-PSP 2001 (Operating with System Software Version 3.80) which it says should be a valid model.

The PSP does not automatically start as the video shows (no green light, nothing) when the Pandora battery is inserted, nor does it start when the 'Power' button is triggered. I plugged in AC adapter and the orange charging light also does not appear.

While running on AC power with the Pandora battery inserted, the System Settings=>Battery Information indicates that the PSP does not even detect the presence of the Pandora battery.

I tried holding down 'L' while inserting the battery, and any other weird thing I could think of; does anyone have suggestions for me to try? (Nothing that involves opening the battery though, I don't want any physical damage that would prevent me from being able to return it)

I wrote an email with my problem yesterday to the 'contact us' section, but have not heard back; at this point I am seeking either a replacement for this defective battery or a refund- which I do not look forward to, as there appears to be a ~2 week shipping period (I.E. 2 weeks to ship the defective battery + 2 weeks to receive a new one).

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Maybe you have a unhackable board?

Canadian Taco PSP Mad Hacker Jose Burrito Gu's Avatar
    did you even buy/make an effing mms!?!
    Sig made by me

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Jose's right (for once). did you bother to make an MMS?

Yes, I made a MMS first (before even ordering the Pandora Battery) using:

PSPkid19's "How to make a psp magic memory stick on vista" video on youtube, (I can't post url links yet, <15 posts)

I used the stock (2GB) memory stick that game with the PSP and PSPGrader 8.

Files used: (links listed in description of video)
    5.00 PBP
    PSPGrader 8

I ran the program and it said it successfully completed making the MMS (exactly as the video showed); so there shouldn't be any problem there.

Also, the Pandora Battery instructional video on PSPMOD Shop shows that the PSP should start REGARDLESS of having any MMS inserted when the Pandora Battery is inserted (instant green light), which my PSP does not do;

The instructional video from PSPMOD Shop actually shows him insert the MMS after the Pandora Battery is inserted and the PSP is turned on.

I'm not sure how to check what mobo my PSP is using (I'm not confident in opening the PSP without damaging it); but the PSPMOD Shop says

[Compatible with]- "PSP Slim 2000 Firmware versions up to 3.95", which I assume would include a 2001 model with 3.8 firmware?

I tried to confirm compatibility by following this link "http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-misc-guides/46245-how-determine-whether-not-your-psp-hackable.html" but I don't know how to relate my PSP serial number- starts with 'HU10', to which mobo it is using.

I tried downloading programs to check, but they all appear to require that you have already unbricked your PSP.

Yes, I made a MMS first (before even ordering the Pandora Battery) using:

PSPKid19's- "How to make a psp magic memory stick on vista" on youtube (can't post the link yet, <15 posts)

I used the stock (2GB) memory stick that game with the PSP and PSPGrader 8.

Files used: (links listed in description of video)
    5.00 PBP
    PSPGrader 8

I ran the program (including checking the box to format my memory card first) and it said it successfully completed making the MMS; so there shouldn't be any problem there.

Also, the Pandora Battery instructional video on PSPMOD Shop shows that the PSP should start REGARDLESS of having any MMS inserted when the Pandora Battery is insterted (instant green light), which my PSP does not do;

The instructional video from PSPMOD Shop actually shows him insert the MMS after the Pandora Battery is inserted and the PSP is turned on.

I'm not sure how to check what mobo my PSP is using (I'm not confident in opening the PSP without damaging it); but the PSPMOD Shop says

[Compatible with]- "PSP Slim 2000 Firmware versions up to 3.95", which I assume would include a 2001 model with 3.8 firmware?

I tried to confirm compatibility by following the 'Compability' link from PSPMOD Shop but I don't know how to relate my PSP serial number- starts with 'HU10', to which mobo it is using.

I tried downloading programs to check, but they all appear to require that you have already unbricked your PSP.

Any advice on mobo verification? I would prefer not to have to buy another PSP to verify whether or not my $20 Pandora Batt is DoA =(

-Thanks for any/all help by the way.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    HU10 should be unhackable, but being on 3.80 makes it should be hackable.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Junior Member PSP User EyeSpySomethingLame's Avatar
    Open car doors. Now is plane.

Quote Originally Posted by xavis View Post
    HU10 should be unhackable, but being on 3.80 makes it should be hackable.
    so... does that mean it will or won't work even with a functional pandora battery?

can you elaborate here?

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Consumes_Me View Post
    so... does that mean it will or won't work even with a functional pandora battery?

can you elaborate here?
    no. its a mixed deal. this is as clear as it gets

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |