Thread: 2GB of memory on DV1000 Notebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2GB of memory on DV1000 Notebook 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Good idea or overkill. I will be using the notebook for school and work.

Applications running:
    - VisualStudio.Net
    - Photoshop CS
    - Flash MX 2004
    - DreamWeaver MX 2004
    - Office Pro. 2003 applications

What do you guys think?

thats nothing and i bet my computer sucks compaired to yours. i run maya (a 3d program), adobe after effects, photoshop cs on a 1.3ghz with 128mbs ram. and i do ok i need more memory but it works. and if you dont know maya and affter effects eats memory up.

hhmmm...But he has a Centrino wish has lower FSB.
    Maya on a Centrino

Quote Originally Posted by webmonkie
    hhmmm...But he has a Centrino wish has lower FSB.
    Maya on a Centrino
    Yeah but a Centrino doesnt get that much heat.. and therefore performs waaay better

Junior Member PSP User
    Well I got the notebook last Friday and is great!
    I quickly installed the memory (two 1gb PC2700 sticks) and so far I don't see a great deal of performance increase but I haven't had chance to use Photoshop CS with it which is the application that is going to require the most power and resources from the notebook.

6. #6 Poll : Xbox360 or PS3 
    Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    which console do you think will be more popular in a year or 2 time?? Please vote the poll and post any information on why you think that console will be more popular

sleekskins
    Aww, what about the Wii? Don't you think that'll be on top in the next couple of years?

I don't really want to say PS3, but i'm going to have to seeing as Microsoft don't seem to have 'broken' Japan yet. But could you imagine if they did? Japanese RPG's galore!! That's what the original Xbox was missing, so i hope Enchanted Arms doesn't end up as the only JRPG on the 360.

The PS3's going to have some amazing games for it though. To me, White Knight Story and Heavenly Sword will be the first games that i buy for the PS3, and if White Knight Story's going to be the killer app title that it should be, going by the video and screens, then you can expect for the PS3 to be on top for a while.

But it's too hard to decide, and far too early to tell, so i'm not voting yet.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Spazz's Avatar
    I already have an xbox360, i got it on the laungh day in the uk i love it, it's totally changed my gaming life i can't stay away from it.

i've got my nintendo wii on pre-order i can't wait till the 8th of december, i'm gonna buy super mario galaxy and i also can't wait till nintendo release come information on the next mario kart.

I'm not interested in the ps3 at the moment and most likely never will be i've never really been a playstation fan i've just been a nintendo fan and a big xbox fan.

So out of the ps3 and xbox360 i'm going for xbox360 even if the wii was an option for this poll i'd struggle but still probably would be the xbox360.
    .:SpazZ:.

Personally I would like to say the 360 but I think the PS3 will edge it.

I love the online playing with the 360 and the achievements within games which gives you gamer points.

But I feel the PS3 having superier hardware and a bigger catalog of games behind it will give them the edge. I also believe the PS3 will have an improved online gaming system compaired to the PS2

So I voted PS3

I didnt mention the wii, I wonder why ???

sleekskins
    Quote Originally Posted by psphome View Post
    Personally I would like to say the 360 but I think the PS3 will edge it.

I love the online playing with the 360 and the achievements within games which gives you gamer points.

But I feel the PS3 having superier hardware and a bigger catalog of games behind it will give them the edge. I also believe the PS3 will have an improved online gaming system compaired to the PS2

So I voted PS3

I didnt mention the wii, I wonder why ???
    Achievements with the 360 are exactly what we needed. It does makes you feel rewarded for your efforts and who doesn't like that?

I wouldn't be too surprised if Sony offered a points service with the PS3 similar to the 360, but i hope that they'll bring something new to it. And something new to gaming itself, because otherwise it's not much more than an upgraded PS2.

I'm not sure why you didn't include the Wii either. You never know, it could be on top in the next couple of years: it's the only new console that's really bringing us originality and it has an extremely high anticipation rating. It's likely that a lot of Europeans that were planning to buy the PS3 at launch or shortly after, when the date was for November, will instead go and buy a Wii. And maybe even a 360: they might have plenty of time to save up for a PS3 again before it's released.

And it'll give the PS3 a run for it's money with their back catalog of games being available to download. The 360's not able to do it, because Microsoft's still relatively new to the gaming market, but Nintendo goes back as far as 1985, and they still have huge fanbases with a lot of their old games, so that's going to tempt a lot of people to buy a Wii. Plus Nintendo have a lot of respect in the East, so if they continue to please them, they will do extremely well.

I could go on, but i think that's enough for now.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    The XBOX 360 is sheer brilliance and with all its features it's an awesome machine and having such a headstart mayb hard for PS3 to cope with.
    But with "playstation" having such a huge fanbase it may win in that respect in time to come.

also I believe online gaming will be greatly improved with the PS3, And I think this will make the console even more popular

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Spazz's Avatar
    It was annoucned a few days ago, that sony are gonna make online play free for the ps3, if sony can manage that, i don't reckon it'll be asgood as xbox live.
    .:SpazZ:.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    PS3 online will have to pull something out the bag to make as good as the 360live is (virtually perfect), but then again had plenty of time to copy it
    Dont matter tho anything is better than the basic PS2 online. sure it will be much improved. But for free makes u think how much content/features etc thay will have.

Scorpio-75
    Wii is going to be very popular but I think the X box is going to get the most attention in the end. So far 360 has almost ever single one of the PS3's launch titles and has even stolen Assassins Creed as well. PS3's only upper hand is the free online gaming and it's not going to be so good either as PS2's online was nothing compared to XBL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast