Thread: How is YOUR "internet/computer" life organized/what type of user are you?

1. #1 How is YOUR "internet/computer" life organized/what type of user are you? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    How do you organize your "internet/computer" life/what type of user are you?

Are you the person who has their setup in a jamble? Your bookmarks are all over the place, your file organization is a mess, and your desktop looks like shit. You have like [insert ridiculous number here] number of rss feeds and bookmarks, numerous s/n's for various forums, websites, IM's, etc, and your computer is full of crapware. Passwords are not an issue: the same password or so everything is reasonable. You ask yourself: "coding?", and you answer: "lolz, what coding? pfft, coding is for geeks!". You are most certainly addicted to facebook/myspace/etc. Using the computer is a chore, but you use it anyway, regardless. You don't use any calendar application, and write everything down on paper, even though you're on your computer 24/7. You are in serious need of some organization, and that cellphone on the table doesn't help with that, either. WoW is the make or breaking point of using or not using your computer.

Or, are you the person who just seems to have everything lightly organized in some way, shape or form? Your bookmark list is relatively organized, and you have thought about putting it online for easy access, but haven't gotten around to it. Your files are misplaced here and there, but for the most part, you can find what you're looking for with ease and the majority of your files are in the "proper" folder. Your desktop is like a "put everything here you use often/will use in future" place. You use/don't use rss feeds, and have a select few that you read every so often. You have multiple s/n's for various services, and each has a relatively strong-esque password. Facebook/myspace/etc is a moot point. You can recognize the different names of the various coding languages, and may be able to code here and there, possibly. You like using the computer, particularly for the wealth of information available to you, and gaming is an interest too, along with photoshop. You are open minded, and subject to change. You do find a use for a calendar application. You are organized enough to use your computer with ease, and WoW is the productivity killer for you.

How 'bout teh-uber organized computer user? You are the so-called analist-user: You are teh-uber haxor, and you own the computer; not the other way around. You make the OS yours, you gear it to the way you work, and it works for you, not against you. You have everything organized the way you want it; if not, reread the previous sentence. Anyone else who touches your computer has spelled out death their death by your hands, and "your way" is the ONLY way to do something. Anything else is felony, in your eyes. Oh, and you hate the competition with a passion, and laugh in the face of minority OS's, and make fanboy remarks 24/7. You are teh so called "l33t", and because you say you are, so it be.

*ahem*
    What I mentioned the above is (are?) some possible examples. They are by no means set in stone, or should be. Feel free to describe what type of computer user are you, and how you organize your files.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i sort my files.....then i cant be bothered to anymore :P lol

im a messy pc user, my bookmarks are all over the place so is m files

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I'm a jumble of all three.

My bookmarks are unorganized to the untrained user, but are very organized and work well for me.
    My file organization is very clean and productive. I can get to any file within...3 clicks or less and they're all in the proper folder (that's the first thing I do - ORGANIZE).
    My desktop is clean, as in, completely empty, clean. I use a dock, and that's all there is to it. My wallpapers are always clean and minimalistic, often featuring an expressive macro shot. (My current background.) I use my desktop as "My Downloads", and the files I download are either sorted and stored, or deleted and off the desktop by the end of the day.
    The computer itself: I definitely own my computer, and make the OS mine. If I find something I don't like, I'll change it on the spot.
    I have a bunch of bookmarks, and I have one RSS feed. It's not even a like a real full-on feed, only a live bookmark from Digg.
    I have like 1000 accounts for all these one time use forums and what not, all using the Pirate-M.Lifnen, PirateMLifnen, or Pirate M Lifnen motif. I try to be able to be recognized on the net. If you see a Pirate-M.Lifnen anywhere else, you'll know it's me, and we can chat there too...
    I can recognize the code names, and even code here and there in quite a few languages.
    I hate MySpace. It's just not good for the soul. I dislike facebook even more, as it's layout and usability is even dumber than myspace's.
    I don't find a need to install useless apps. Thus, no launchy for me, as I run just fine without it. And, no calendar apps, as I don't want to be so dependent on a calendar, that I forget what to do without it. And, I hardly write anything down either. I just remember as much as I can - often forgetting.
    Using my computer is a lifestyle. I'm on 24/7, and I love it. Gaming is an interest, as well as I'm a Photoshop god. Not to mention great with Final Cut, Dreamweaver and Flash...
    I am certainly organized enough to use my computer with ease, and WoW is not only a productivity killer, but not even an interest for me.
    And, while most people will look at my blank desktop, and be completely lost from there (the "death" you speak of) if I show them how to use it, they're pretty much fine...

Yep, I guess that's me.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    I'm the OCD 'anal' user.

Desktop never has more then 3 icons (documents/computer/trash).

Everything is in order, bookmarks, documents, subfolders, downloads, music, videos etc. if I don't need something as well I delete it or uninstall it.

As well as my OS, theme is small and clean.

http://i20.tinypic.com/8zpspj.jpg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP pazuzu's Avatar
    when i first bought a computer, i was completely ocd. my desktop had nothing but a recycle bin and a folder full of shortcuts. but recently i've stopped caring. i just let my desktop pile up with shit and i just delete most of it every couple weeks. as far as my bookmarks they are on my tool bar in fire fox (no names, just symbols).

fat 3.40>3.50>lumines ulus 10002>1.50>3.52 m33 v.4>sold

slim 2001>pandora>3.80 m33 v.1>3.90 m33 v.3>5.0 m33 v.6

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    I'm a jumble of all three.

My bookmarks are unorganized to the untrained user, but are very organized and work well for me.
    My file organization is very clean and productive. I can get to any file within...3 clicks or less and they're all in the proper folder (that's the first thing I do - ORGANIZE).
    My desktop is clean, as in, completely empty, clean. I use a dock, and that's all there is to it. My wallpapers are always clean and minimalistic, often featuring an expressive macro shot. ( I use my desktop as "My Downloads", and the files I download are either sorted and stored, or deleted and off the desktop by the end of the day.

I have a bunch of bookmarks
    im either chinese people or sullivan0930 and my passwords are all the same.
    I hate MySpace. It's just not good for the soul. I dislike facebook even more, as it's layout and usability is even dumber than myspace's.
    I don't find a need to install useless apps. Thus, no launchy for me, as I run just fine without it. And, no calendar apps, as I don't want to be so dependent on a calendar, that I forget what to do without it. And, I hardly write anything down either. I just remember as much as I can - often forgetting.
    Using my computer is a lifestyle. I'm on 24/7, and I love it. Gaming is an interest, as well as I'm a Photoshop noob.
    I am certainly organized enough to use my computer with ease, and WoW is not only a productivity killer, but not even an interest for me.
    And, while most people will look at my blank desktop, and be completely lost from there (the "death" you speak of) if I show them how to use it, they're pretty much fine...

Yep, I guess that's me.
    well pirates was basically the same as mine. my edits are in red. thnx for typing it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    im the type of user that wants to kill all the other types of users... especially the stupid teenagers who just dont fucking get it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP GenJackson's Avatar
    i try to keep organized, but i just cant seem to do it. plus i like never delete stuff.

I don't mod much anymore, but I do give good game advice.

---------------------------------------------------

2.82 > 3.03 > GTA:LCS > 1.50 > 3.40oe > 3.52m33 v.4 > me.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    about once a month, i clean up my downloads.
    my desktop is clean and organized, ive uninstalled everything that i dont use (well with windows vista, i THINK that ive uninstalled everything, there are a few programs that i need to go through every single folder where a part could possibly be and manually remove it)

My bookmarks are sorted not only by category, but also by most frequently used.

my life on the other hand is jacked up. my work schedule is day by day, if i dont work one day, i have to go in that day to see when the next day i have to work is.
    If a friend calls and asks me what time i get off work, i dont know what to tell them because i only know the time i have to go in.

my school schedule is just as jacked up. im frequently absent from classes (i have two classes that start at the same time.. try working with that one.. this one however, cannot be blamed on me, i told my advisor to give me a schedule thats easy.. bitch)

my psp files are so jacked up. ive got my frequently used isos on the bottom of the list, my psptube program that i use the most is somewhere in the middle.. my pictures and music are even worse. everyday i tell myself that im going to straighten them out, it just doesnt happen.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Dathan's Avatar
    Yes I am your entire first paragraph.... I know its sad, it really is.
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

2.71>2.8>3.51 M33> 3.52 M33!!! Best 80 bucks I have ever spent!!!
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Im half of the first paragraph and half of the secon paragraph, the only thing missing were the multiple starbucks espresso cups.
    Upgraded My first PSP all the way to 3.51!!! Hell yea, then got online the next night and found out you can mod them, so I yelled as loud as I could with my inside voice WTF?!?!?!?! I sold it to some dork and bought a used one for 80 bucks... So 2 crappy nights and 80 bucks later!!!!!

(\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP rubanito's Avatar
    i´m the type of user that do very downloads...
    im glad that my pc have 320 GB and 500GB of external.
    so i do hummm....what?? like 10 downloads per day...
    i am a brutal user of inthernet

Look im not saying that you are stupid, i meant that you are really stupid

sorry about the double post earlier, for some reason it wouldnt show me any posts after pazuzu's first post.

(\/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny.

I'm sort of the second paragraph but mostly third.
    i like making my OS mine.
    All my stuff is organized in a way i can find it very quickly.
    uh here is my desktop for example. Here
    i use like no icons nor do i have anything on it really.
    so i guess i have it clean

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    Dang...I think this was one of my long posts that got deleted too. Anyways I am very organized on my computer and everything else in my life. Organization is a must in my opinion. I like knowing where everything is.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN