Thread: What make windows getting slower after time goes by

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What make windows getting slower after time goes by 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP orangpelupa's Avatar
    I remember when first time install windows and its games+apps, it boot and run very fast. But after a few weeks, windows take more and more time to boot. .

I not experience this problem with linux (ubuntu).

Anyone know what make windows like this and how to fix it?
    Have tried deleting prefetch, it help boot faster a bit.
    Imaginary PSP owner

"saat suatu kejadian berhenti diberitakan, masyarakat akan melupakannya"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    I have "System Mechanic Pro 7" and it deletes all this shit, I run it like once a month, and it cleans up close to 300mb each time, also defrags ram / registry / internet and what not.

I guess we can just call it winblows

Member PSP User cyanide_assassin's Avatar
    Check out your startup programs (Start\Run\ type in "msconfig", then go to startup). Generally if there's a lot of crap in there it can cause your computer to slow down when starting up. Just be careful what you get rid of in that section, as some of the programs that are launched are driver related.

i always keep my services and starup only for needed thing like Antivirus, firewall.
    i even stopped the staryup for my audio cpanel ...

maybe its just windows IS sux

and my windows is XP,
    tried VISTA, and its already slow from fresh install, but untill today the speed is still the same (the same slow )
    Imaginary PSP owner

I use spybot s&d to manage my startup item on registry, startup folder and system.ini

I want to fresh install my XP, but i dont like to install all my games and apps one by one again lol.

@mito
    Err, maybe cellphone you refer to is symbian enabled cellphone.

Just buy symbian enabled cellphone that have more than 300MHz processor and more than 32MB ram.
    And maybe you will feel the true power of symbian enabled cellphones

Play gameboyadvance, and many other consoles on ur phone, multitaskting, ability to install whatever apps you want.

Now this become a bit oot -_-
    Imaginary PSP owner

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I usually go to Start>Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Free up space on your hard disk. This allows you to delete downloaded program files, temporary internet files, Microsoft error reporting temporary files, temporary internet files, weblcient/publisher temporary files, catalog files for the context indexer, clean out your recycle bin, and compress old files. If you click on the more options tab it also allows you to remove optional Windows components, remove programs, and remove all but the most recent restore point. This should make your computer run quite a bit faster. I do this a few times a day.

You can also go to Start>Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Rearrange items on your hard disk to make programs run faster. It defragments your hard drive which helps out alot. It makes thing run alot faster.

Last but not least you can set Mozilla Firefox, if you use it, to always clear your private data when you close it. You can also have it ask you before it does so. This allows you to clear browsing history, download history, saved form, search history, cache, cookies, saved passwords, and authenticated sessions. This will keep your internet running fast and smoothly. You can find these options under Tools>Options>Privacy. It will be on the bottom under Private Data.

I hope this helps your computer run faster. It is all pretty basic information but some people don't know about it. Worse comes to worse just reformat your computer. It really isn't that hard. I can usually reformat my computer and install all of my programs in about 6-8 hours. Downloading and installing the MMOs and other computer games takes up most of the time.

Good luck making your computer run better.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I find its the crap left by your browsing history..

I downloaded a program to clear all windows log files, cookies, cache etc... and it says it erased abour 45mb at a time..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Why would you download a program to do it when your computer can do it just fine by itself?

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Quote Originally Posted by VeryThinPSP View Post
    Why would you download a program to do it when your computer can do it just fine by itself?
    Well ive used this program for over a year now, and i havent defragmented my hd once... and its running strong since the day i re-installed the OS.

Without it the computer just lags and acts all shitty...I hate XP, you want my advice, make your next computer a Mac

[!]

Quote Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
    Well ive used this program for over a year now, and i havent defragmented my hd once... and its running strong since the day i re-installed the OS.

Without it the computer just lags and acts all shitty...I hate XP, you want my advice, make your next computer a Mac
    I would only get a mac if I wanted to do some video editing.

You really should keep defragmenting your computer. If you don't it can get really backed up. What is this program you use by the way? You sure it doesn't defragment your computer as well? Although I bet you would notice it defragging since it takes so long.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP ChopperDave's Avatar
    if you can get a hold of the best buy geek squad MRI cd....that does wonders. not that i have a copy...
    The answer to 72% of all questions asked here: Pandora's Battery.
    Phats Modded:6
    Slims Modded:15
    PSPs Unbricked:1

What is this program you use by the way?
    The programs here: WinClear - Erase Windows & Internet History

And on my Laptop i use History Eraser--Erase history of your past Internet Activity

The Winclear is about the best though..
    Last edited by Andromeda; 12-29-2007 at 12:15 PM.

[!]

That program looks ridiculous. It only has one file that supposedly cannot be deleted manually. Everything else you can do manually in about 1 minute. You didn't pay for this program did you?

If it works it works though. I have just never trusted any weird programs that aren't necessary.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

That program looks ridiculous. It only has one file that supposedly cannot be deleted manually. Everything else you can do manually in about 1 minute. You didn't pay for this program did you?

If it works it works though. I have just never trusted any weird programs that aren't necessary.
    No i didnt "PAY" for the program

I think its good, it does the job ni about a minute too, without me doing anything else, just one click does it all..

Ive never actually took heed that it can be done in windows, and if this is working for me im gonna stick with it..

Ill give doing it manually a shot though.

[!]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast