Thread: is it hard to program a phone friendly version of this site?

1. #1 is it hard to program a phone friendly version of this site? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well i just got the Blackberry Pearl and this site really sucks on that phone, and probably many others.i noticed some sites like myspace have a phone friendly version, now how hard is that to program for here?

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    It's not like, too bad I guess. coding for a phone that is. You know, no images, no nothing, just plain text and basic tags.
    The only thing is that I don't think vBulletin is best friends with phone browsers.
    I know that there's specific skins and such for the purpose of mobile browsing, but I'm not too sure on how compatible it all is, and how quickly it will load on a phone...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP K-Wurx's Avatar
    You know Sullivan...Even if this was made possible it is somewhat pointless...Your phone (blackberry or not) will be very slow running the forum scripts...If you want I can look into this for you but it would be rather pointless I think...Maybe there is some kind of program or mod out there that will take the sites' posts and turn them into a categorized text file list...That is assuming that that is in fact why you want to be able to go on PSPMod...The shoutbox definately wouldn't run on your phone as the refresh rate of a PC and phone are drastically different...
    Game Systems: PS1, PS2 x 2, X-Box with media center, Nintendo Wii w/WiiKey modchip.

Multimedia Systems: PSP Slim W/ CFW 3.71 M33-3, 30GB IPod Video w/ Custom Theme+Rockbox+Podzilla, 4 GB IPod Nano (Newest generation), 30GB Zune.

o0o0 n/m it then. would be easier on the psp too though. i think pirate is the main psp poster.

Sullivan you should get an iPhone/iPod touch, im on my iPod touch's browser on here most of the time and it rivals the firefox browser on my Laptop, and they typing is just as easy.

Now ive always wanted a blackberry Pearl. they look sweet... i think ill go to O2 and see about one soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

i want an iphone but dont have that kind of cash right now, and the ipod touch is pretty stupid to me. its cool but i already have a 30gig, and i dont want wifi internet, i want internet everywhere.. whats 02?
    Last edited by Sullivan; 01-18-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    i want an iphone but dont have that kind of cash right now, and the ipod touch is pretty stupid to me. its cool but i already have a 30gig, and i dont want wifi internet, i want internet everywhere.. whats 02?

Im thinking of putting VOIP in my ipod touch all ill need is the Mic really.

Well O2 is a british mobile company just like AT&T in the US.
    Theyre the main dealers of blackberrys here.

[!]

so the whole redo the phone friendly page is useless now. i just found out about Opera Mini that does it all for me ...wish they had firefox mini.

Actually, Opera isn't that bad...That's what my Wii uses and it does the job...The one on a phone might be a more "run-down"/cheap version of Opera so who knows...
    Game Systems: PS1, PS2 x 2, X-Box with media center, Nintendo Wii w/WiiKey modchip.

Multimedia Systems: PSP Slim W/ CFW 3.71 M33-3, 30GB IPod Video w/ Custom Theme+Rockbox+Podzilla, 4 GB IPod Nano (Newest generation), 30GB Zune.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Wurx View Post
    Actually, Opera isn't that bad...That's what my Wii uses and it does the job...The one on a phone might be a more "run-down"/cheap version of Opera so who knows...
    Opera on the Wii is fantastic. The only downfall is it doesnt support tab browsing, and thats something i really need in a browser.

And for Opera on a Mobile, i think it would be a "watered" down version of Opera, i dont see how a full blown version could fit onto a mobile phone, the full version of opera isnt even on the Wii yet.. I dont see why not, the Wii has the capabilities for all of the features.

[!]

Danny, the Wii has the capabilities and the hardware to be a DVD player...Not too sure why nintendo put a block or whatever it is that's stopping it from working on it in the first place...Somewhat pointless if you ask me...I've been using IE 6.0 for forever now so the whole "tab" thing doesn't effect me in the least...I'd use FF but it's too slow for my liking and IE 7 sucks...Should look for an IE 6.0 Tabs add-on somewhere...Hybrid style, IE 6.5 haha...