Thread: Post your desktop

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    eh, I don't really do much to it...

Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar

i hate the OSX docks but i put my desktop on display with one.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    FINE - But don't think I'm cleaning it up just for you folks nor do you get to see every little thing.. A man's gotta have some privacy...

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

First, that was my desktop, duh. And secondly, Canada how exactly is four desktops a useless feature, multi-tasking anyone, I do web design and image editing for a living, I use multiple OS's at once, and a four sided desktop means 3 less displays, and half the management of open windows by having a multiple paneled interface. Quite frankly the cube in compiz fusion is the only useful plugin in the whole cf package. Ah but what should expect ay.............

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamstalker7 View Post
    First, that was my desktop, duh. And secondly, Canada how exactly is four desktops a useless feature, multi-tasking anyone, I do web design and image editing for a living, I use multiple OS's at once, and a four sided desktop means 3 less displays, and half the management of open windows by having a multiple paneled interface. Quite frankly the cube in compiz fusion is the only useful plugin in the whole cf package. Ah but what should expect ay.............
    I didnt say multiple desktops is a useless feature, in fact i use it myself on my osx install, but the cube itself is nothing more than eye-candy and i've always found it to make switching more difficult than it has to be. When i ran linux i had CF set my desktops up in a grid so i could see all of them at once and not have to futz around with a shiny cube.
    Very funny....not.

No offense but thats just kinda dumb, the cube just give you a bit of 3d to your multiple desktop. Instead of wasting a perfectly good video card to exclusively play games, Im getting the most out of my video card. Your entitled to you opinion, but I love my cube, and cant see myself going with out it, it goes perfectly with running multiple virtual machine instances, as I run mac os x leopard and xp in vm's. AH just forget it. :::Hardcore linux user, avoids unnecessary arguing lmao:::

simple nothing fancy anymore. canada that xp background is badass!! giraffe.

Quote Originally Posted by carp View Post

i think mine wins.
    Yeah, you're quite busy on firefox arent you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    No offense but thats just kinda dumb, the cube just give you a bit of 3d to your multiple desktop. Instead of wasting a perfectly good video card to exclusively play games, Im getting the most out of my video card. Your entitled to you opinion, but I love my cube, and cant see myself going with out it, it goes perfectly with running multiple virtual machine instances, as I run mac os x leopard and xp in vm's. AH just forget it. :::Hardcore linux user, avoids unnecessary arguing lmao:::
    Not that it matters much but IMHO - There are things that make windows wiggle, fade, zoom, animate and other crap. A waiste of CPU cycles for nothing more than visual effects.

I run the crap out of old hardware, because I can't affor the latest and greatest just yet, when I do I jump way ahead of everyone else. For instance, My next purchase will be a Dual Quad-Core (yes 8cores), my last purchase was a Dual CPU AMD Athlon MP 2.6 ghz each which is still my workhorse today.

Why all that crap, because multiple desktops and physical displays is the ultimate use of such horse power. Right on using the cube approach - I think it's great. Whether you use a cude, files slots, grids, or simply a little icon in the tool bar or a 3D sphere, all tht really maters is can your computer handle it without slowing you down?

None of its useless and to each there own -

right on for the cube, right on for grid, Nice wallpapers all around everyone, I feel kinda lame with mine and now feel inspired to make a new one (not that I made mine but I did mod it ).

Anyway this post is pointless, meant more as a distraction from the minor argument being avoided. Who cares what you use? It's your toolbox and it suites you.

Thanks for sharing.

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

Its kinda dumb (imo) to have to move a cube to see all the open programs on your pc. It makes more sense to hit the key-combo and see everything at once instead of hitting the key-combo, then moving the cube around, and still only seeing 2 desktops at a time.
    The grid is way more efficient. You hit some keys and instantly see everything at once. No screwing around with a cube where you are limited to 2 sides at once anyway.
    Very funny....not.

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Yeah, you're quite busy on firefox arent you?
    waiting for someone to catch that =D
    I'm a fag.

nothing special lol

Last edited by GoFck; 05-10-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    Never thought so many people used Object Dock and more impressively VISTA?

Ive just switched to Ubuntu 8.04 tonight. Once i get my AWN dock running and new icons/wallpaper/theme ill ppost another of a desktop (Hopeing to get it to look like Leopard)

I also didnt realise how much Ubuntu Rocks. Best OS ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Ive just switched to Ubuntu 8.04 tonight. Once i get my AWN dock running and new icons/wallpaper/theme ill ppost another of a desktop (Hopeing to get it to look like Leopard)

I also didnt realise how much Ubuntu Rocks. Best OS ever.
    ehh i never liked it. all the ghetto apps that you have to use. always in the command prompt thing. not a fan of linux. its just fun to make it look nice.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast