Thread: Post your desktop

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ok, so hey sin, Im running a custom pc wit a intel dual zeon 3.0 ghz quad cores (8 cores like you were saying) 2 nvidia 86000 gts's running in sli, and 8gbs of ddr2 pc6400 ram, with a seagate 1tb hd running at 7200 rpms, and a raptor 150gb running at 10,000 rpms(for gaming) the rig has a 1200 watt power supply, and is liquid cooled by yours truly. So in short, the eye candy does absolutely nothing to slow my computer even when running multpile vm's, for example, I can run seven different os's giving each a 1ghz core and 1gb ram, have no performance hit whatsoever on the host or any of the seven guest machines, and still be using the eye candy. I also got a acer laptop, with a lot less power then my production machine and the eye candy is smooth as butter.

Now onto Canada, you obviously just barely know what you are talking about, because first off the awn dock I use can be set to show any and all open apps, so from any side of the cube all I do is click on the icon on the dock and the cube spins itself to the appropriate side, secondly this grid you continue to speak of, which if you look you will see that on the pic of my desktop, the grid works with the cube, if I click on any of the grids buttons it spins the cube instantly. Lastly how difficult do you think it is to hold down the scroll wheel on your mouse anywhere on the desktop and drag your cube around. Its apparent you've never used any of this before, or you used it on a extremely limited basis, like running a live cd or some bare minimum installation you had on a lil partition that you deleted when you couldn't figure out the how to use a hierarchical file system and package manager, otherwise you would know these things. Sorry for my rant, but if you knew what your were talking about and just said I don't like it Id have said whatever, but since you've no clue what your talking about, I feel the need to correct you, as in all reality you probably only watched a compiz youtube video. Also if anyone wants to question the validity of what I'm saying Id be happy to post more pics of one of my pcs in action, matter of fact maybe I'll post some pics of the acer running guest os's and compiz running.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamstalker7 View Post
    Ok, so hey sin, Im running a custom pc wit a intel dual zeon 3.0 ghz quad cores (8 cores like you were saying) 2 nvidia 86000 gts's running in sli, and 8gbs of ddr2 pc6400 ram, with a seagate 1tb hd running at 7200 rpms, and a raptor 150gb running at 10,000 rpms(for gaming) the rig has a 1200 watt power supply, and is liquid cooled by yours truly. So in short, the eye candy does absolutely nothing to slow my computer even when running multpile vm's, for example, I can run seven different os's giving each a 1ghz core and 1gb ram, have no performance hit whatsoever on the host or any of the seven guest machines, and still be using the eye candy.

DROOOOOOOOL - That's pretty damn sweeeeeeeeet DS7, Pretty damn sweet indeed. You have what I want.... I'll Ro Sham Bo ya for it?

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

LMAO, Sin your great, Im sorry but Ill have to be honest, I got all the parts to make that pc at dealer prices, cause my best bud runs his own repair shop, so I spent alot less then I shoulda, cuz honestly under normal circumstances, with bills and all Id never be able to afford it. Oh and Ill ro sham bo you for it if I get to go first lmao.
    Last edited by dreamstalker7; 05-10-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    My new desktop on Ubuntu:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Nice Andromeda, Ubuntu rox man, hey nice icons too, I've got a mac os x leopard icon theme I published on gnome-look.org, Ill send you the link if interested.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    Oh and Ill ro sham bo you for it if I get to go first lmao.
    I only ever agreed to that once.....never again.

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    dude danny i want to make love to your desktop
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Switchblades's Avatar
    That hole could be... nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Ive just switched to Ubuntu 8.04 tonight. Once i get my AWN dock running and new icons/wallpaper/theme ill ppost another of a desktop (Hopeing to get it to look like Leopard)

I also didnt realise how much Ubuntu Rocks. Best OS ever.
    Is 8.01 a whole lot better than 7.10? 7.10 wasnt too great imo. I wont be switching back to linux for a while though. At least not until adobe starts writing cs4 for linux.
    Very funny....not.

a friend of mine was able to run CS3 in wine
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

READ THIS

Cs3/2 works ok in wine, but its too glitchy to be useful.
    Now onto Canada, you obviously just barely know what you are talking about, because first off the awn dock I use can be set to show any and all open apps, so from any side of the cube all I do is click on the icon on the dock and the cube spins itself to the appropriate side, secondly this grid you continue to speak of, which if you look you will see that on the pic of my desktop, the grid works with the cube, if I click on any of the grids buttons it spins the cube instantly. Lastly how difficult do you think it is to hold down the scroll wheel on your mouse anywhere on the desktop and drag your cube around. Its apparent you've never used any of this before, or you used it on a extremely limited basis, like running a live cd or some bare minimum installation you had on a lil partition that you deleted when you couldn't figure out the how to use a hierarchical file system and package manager, otherwise you would know these things. Sorry for my rant, but if you knew what your were talking about and just said I don't like it Id have said whatever, but since you've no clue what your talking about, I feel the need to correct you, as in all reality you probably only watched a compiz youtube video. Also if anyone wants to question the validity of what I'm saying Id be happy to post more pics of one of my pcs in action, matter of fact maybe I'll post some pics of the acer running guest os's and compiz running.
    I used linux for about a year once, then decided its not worth rebooting every time i wanted to use photoshop. Or my cd burner. I am actually quite familiar with certain functions of compiz, and i always set it up to be efficient, not full of shiny eye-candy. My setup was always 3 desktops. One for firefox, one for gimp, and one for everything else. I hated the awn dock because gimp would show up several times in it thanks to its stupid multi-window "feature."
    So i had a keyboard shortcut that would grid all 3 of my desktops which i could then easily see everything at once. With a press of a button(s) i could see how my torrents were downloading, how my download in firefox was going, and see what i was in the middle of in gimp. Cant do that with a fancy cube.
    I have every linux cd from 6.06 to 7.10 hanging on my wall, as well as PCLOS, and Linux Mint Daryna. The best (imo) being Mint, which i ended up using for a few computers at church.
    The hierarchical file system in fact has never made sense to me. OSX's structure makes sense, Windows makes sense, but i never could figure out the way linux arranged things. Congrats, you found a reason you are smater than me, why dont you go pat yourself on the back.
    -_-
    Why dont you quit being a linux-elitist and chill out.
    Very funny....not.

the wallpaper: i made it myself

I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

what theme is that? Its very pretty.
    Very funny....not.

zune- usmanistan

got it off of deviantart
    I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

i love deviantart. Best site ever.
    Very funny....not.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast