Thread: Help.

1. #1 Help. 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    I need to know what voltage to feed these two wires on this LCD I have.

Here are all the things I could think of to take a picture of to help identify the monitor if anyone needs.

Basically, I want to create an animation light table with it.

When it was connected to the Dell it came from, the LCD screen had bad white lines across it. When I dismantled it, I removed all ribbon cables and only left the power cables connected and the backlight lit up fine. A nice even briliant white screen. So I powered it off and cut the wires.

Unfortunately I tossed the power inverted out with the rest of the laptop when I junked it after parting it out. I simply need to know how to light it up again.

Can anyone help?

************************************************** *****************************
    ***********UPDATE***************************UPDATE *****************************
    ************************************************** *****************************

So I took it apart a little further to trace and see where the cables connect to. They connect driectly to the backlight bulb of the LCD screen. So does anyone know what volt/amps the backlight runs on?

Well never mind - I found my answer and it requires ciruitry to operate (it needs a special voltage regulator to start the bulb and then control the voltage. It's a little bit outside of my technical aptitude - here's the clearest thing I could understand, anyone else want try and build it?

http://www.linear.com/pc/downloadDoc...42,C1035,D4298
    Last edited by sinphaltimus; 06-02-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    there is a way to figure it out. you just run your multimeter to measure resistance, but thats all ive learned so far.
    if it was me, i would start at 5 volts and go up until i find it

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that, it's been so long, I've forgotten how to use my multimeter, I've only been using it recently to take voltage readings on live circuits.

I've not done anything more with this yet as I can not seem to figure out hopw to use my damn multimeter. Boy I feel dumb.
    Last edited by sinphaltimus; 06-14-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    Sorted it mate?

Inactive, well sorta

No, everything I found basically says I need some circuit board. That puts out very high voltage to kick the lamp on then srops it down right away for usability. I still have the screen and haven't given up, just palced it on the back burner for the time being.