Thread: ZoneAlarm Problem

1. #1 ZoneAlarm Problem 
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I've been using ZoneAlarm Firewall for quite a while now, and I love it. It's a great program.
    Only, for the past day or so, I was unable to use any web-reliant program for it's major purpose. My laptop could connect, it was just that I couldn't browse the web with firefox or ie. And things like AIM and such didn't work either.
    I figured out that the problem was my firewall. I guess I blocked something without knowing that I broke t3h int3rn3tz. The simple fix is shutting down ZA. But I don't like turning off my firewall.
    I've gone through the panel in ZA, and I looked at all the blocked programs, nothing was out of order. I looked through every available section, clicked all the buttons, but I don't know how to get this working.

I could always uninstall, and then re-install, but I'd like to know if anyone knew a way for me to like...recall all of my recent actions, and easily see and understand what's been blocked..? Idk, thanks for the help though.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TheExtra's Avatar
    Well i can tell you that i have also have had trouble with my ZoneAlarm on both my pc's and i have not changed anything on either of them for quite awhile they just stopped working properly with it on...
    Weird stuff man...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    ZoneAlarm messes up a lot.

I've had it before, while it's one of the most advanced Firewalls out, it's a pain in the ass for doing stuff like that.

What I suggest is re-installing it, and put it in the 'learning' mode. It'll ask permission for whatever you do, annoying at first but then it gets used to your answers and allows what you would allow. Because I've had the same problem where it would block aim, even though aim has full access. That's the only way I got it to work, but I still eventually uninstalled it as it still screwed up.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Damn, yeah I've got it on learning mode. It is annoying at first, but it's no big deal.
    Yeah, I guess it's just blocking things like firefox and aim, even though I'm telling it not to. I'll re-install it.

But, if this happens again, you said you ended up un-installing it. What firewall do you use now? I don't mean to start up another "What's a good AV/AS/whatever program" thread, I'm just being too lazy to look through to find your specific program...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    If you are looking for a new firewall i would go with Comodo. Its amazing and free. Its not got an antivirus attached to it, but for that i use NOD32.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    i can vouch for comodo.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS