Thread: psp region help

1. #1 psp region help 
    hhey wuts up im new here and i bought a psp in china and i just recently got the family guy movie umd for my psp, and when i put in the umd a message came up saying that its the wrong region. And i asked my friend wut i should do and he said that i would have 2 fuck with the firmware or some shit like that but id rather get like your help cause you guyz are much much smarter well anyway how would i go about fixing this problem without getting a new one??? can i hack it or sum shit???

alright well thanks and please help me..

cya

p.s i read sumwhere that i can like get the 2.60 u.s.a update for the psp and i can play like region 1 & 2 movies on my psp or sum shit like that?!?!

thnx again

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Not sure, but you can play games from the USA, only the movies are region specified at present.... there currently isn't a software hack that I'm aware of that will let you change region settings, but someone on here might know, there has been a thread on PSPMOD that talks of a hardware hack versus software, its a modchip and that modchip can change region settings, but I haven't seen it out yet....

Also if a hack "Homebrew" software is available or becomes available, it might be good to know what firmware you have since currently all but one homebrew is not support on firmware versions 2.5, 2.6

The one I am referring to is a GTA Hack.

EDIT : What JSH said below

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    if you are on 1.5 there is a WAB homebrew that lets you change/bypass region settings for UMD video watching

^^oo shit word.. can i downgrade my psp firmware 2 the 1.5 and then download the WAB homebrew that lets me change/bypass the region settings for umD video watching.????

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Yes you could do that.........................

damnn bro do u got the fucking link or file where i can downgrade my version??? and also do u got the link for the WAB homebrew??? thnx alot bro u saved my life my dad wuz gonna kick my ass... I HOPE THIS WORKS!!

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gate_keeper
    damnn bro do u got the fucking link
    ^^oo shit word..
    like region 1 & 2 movies on my psp or sum shit like that?!?!
    i would have 2 fuck with the firmware or some shit like
    can i hack it or sum shit???
    +

why do you insist on using such profanities?

and i heard of a utility, its basically a whole program, can run .iso's and play UMD region free, cant remember what it was called though..

Member PSP User
    Also Don't Triple post, Don't even double post. that is one fo the main rules in all forums. I can't help you on this problem 'cos my psp is a v2.01 so I hant got no downgrading equipment on me.

Member PSP User
    I baught my psp from ebay, later on found out it was a Jap version, so i went to the nearest junior high school and played the first kid outside with a psp.(Burnout via game share)I asked him to see if he had any dead pixels he said "You might run away with it" i gave him my wallet, he then gave me his after he saw my credit card, turned around switched the memory card and hit default on his and my psp walked away with my wallet and mine American PSP. Now i can watch US umd's.

P.S. Fuck down grading

10. #10 Uk free PSP 
    In the Uk some mobile phone companies are giving away a free psp with a phone contract these are great they work ok but some I have heard about are 2.50 so please help and crack the F***ing code Thank you

Senior Member I Modded My PSP categoriesisthecategory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetczer84
    I baught my psp from ebay, later on found out it was a Jap version, so i went to the nearest junior high school and played the first kid outside with a psp.(Burnout via game share)I asked him to see if he had any dead pixels he said "You might run away with it" i gave him my wallet, he then gave me his after he saw my credit card, turned around switched the memory card and hit default on his and my psp walked away with my wallet and mine American PSP. Now i can watch US umd's.

P.S. Fuck down grading
    what the hell are you talking about ?

I give my kudos to [nightfox]

i think he's bragging that he stole a kid's psp from him and left him with his jap one...?

i have umd emulator v0.8 but i don't think it helps me play my region 1 dvd
    do i need to get fastloader or another homebrew entirely to enable me to boot a region 1 umd on a region 2 psp?

apologies for being a newb but there is conflicting information here (some says no region 1 movies on region 2 psp's, others say that all you need is the right software).