Thread: anonymous IP

1. #1 anonymous IP 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    for years I've been wondering what this means. when I'm on my PC I never get messages saying stuff. but when I'm on my laptop (notebook) computer. with some programs I get issues because I have I have anonymous IP or a hidden IP. I'm not really computer smart. I have no Idea what that means. I've never altered my notebook or anything. that's how it came from dell. it's actualy hardly even used. it's almost the same as it was when it was from factory. heck I've even restored it to factory settings. and yet it still says that. is that a good thing or a bad thing? a friend who is knows less about computers than I do said it could be a good thing. and I kind of agree. but could there be any negatives from this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    You're using a proxy, so ya there are downfalls.

The only downfalls could be blocked IP due to hostname or server already being in contact to the other server.

If you really want to be secure, keep using it, but use only when you need to hide your ip like attacking a site or buying stuff.

You could try a freedns too

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker KOBEdidit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cstanleyf9 View Post
    for years I've been wondering what this means. when I'm on my PC I never get messages saying stuff. but when I'm on my laptop (notebook) computer. with some programs I get issues because I have I have anonymous IP or a hidden IP. I'm not really computer smart. I have no Idea what that means. I've never altered my notebook or anything. that's how it came from dell. it's actualy hardly even used. it's almost the same as it was when it was from factory. heck I've even restored it to factory settings. and yet it still says that. is that a good thing or a bad thing? a friend who is knows less about computers than I do said it could be a good thing. and I kind of agree. but could there be any negatives from this?
    its not anonymous at all, trust me. Even if its being assigned dynamically, it will still dns to the same area, same isp. even if the ranges are totally different permission octet-wise. trust me, there's all kinds of nifty little win api's that are invasively used to identify you with modern video game tech. even your processor itself, has an identifier that is unique to it.

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker cstanleyf9's Avatar
    haha all of that just went way over my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonslash View Post
    Found a setting that makes Donkey Kong Country work fullspeed with NO frameskip!

Go to Hack/Debug Menu, then turn ON Ignore palette writes.

This makes it work 100% from what I can tell on a game that laged a lot before so. I have no tried this on other games yet.
    list of error codes for the psp and what they mean

I can't be living anymore
    somebody please kill me
    I really want to die
    as much as I wish to die,
    I will always make sure to keep myself alive