Thread: WPA-PSK encryption?

1. #1 WPA-PSK encryption? 
    it seems that WPA-PSK encrytion is supported for the psp but is there a way to support it for firmware version 1.5?

i'm new to the psp so excuse me if that was a stupid question.. so far, based on google, i've found that firm 2.0 supports WPA-PSK but i'm attempting to avoid having to upgrade to 2.0 and then downgrade later... so maybe someone might know or heard of a way and wouldn't mind letting me know.. or just linking is fine ^^ Thanks

Well i doubt it but first things first is that the encryption that u have?

Join www.onegraphix.com Today!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLMT
    Well i doubt it but first things first is that the encryption that u have?
    yea it is, the encryption is WPA-PSK (TKIP), supported by firmware 2.5, i did some research and it seems that there are multiple version of that encryption. Using the MPH firmware launcher, when launching firmware 2.5, i was able to detect my network's encryption and it clearly said WPA-PSK (TKIP), i wasn't able to connect to the network though using that. I might double check tho...

jshedit: alot of people probably know this already but i'm just gonna post it for reference in the future

I finally found a way to enable WPA-PSK on my 1.5 psp by using MPH Firmware Launcher v1.3.7u5u1

by emulating firmware 2.5, it enables connecting to the wpa-psk network which isn't possible with the ver. 1.5 as far as i know... i haven't tried playing games using infrastructure and this connection but i know that the sony web browser that isn't available on the 1.5 version is fully functional, just a bit slow due to emulation, but i'm sure it'll be faster as time goes on... just something that might help a noob with a similar question in the future