View Poll Results: do you like this idea?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 16.67%
  • no

5 83.33%

Thread: Another way to hack the PSP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Another way to hack the PSP? 
    Junior Member PSP User
    is there another way to hack the psp official firmware and have it replaced with custom firmware? well in the past you probally of heard stories of people visiting psp sites and downloading stuff and getting viruses from it... in the worst of these cases the virus has deleted their firmware and left them without any method of running their psp ie a bricked psp this is beacause sony have not yet built a decent virus detection system into any of their psp's so if somone with the right knowlage of createing psp viruses could create a virus that manipulates the psp's firmware by deleting some of the files then replaceing them with the latest custom firmware filles or by atomatically deleteing the batterys rhythem code and turning it into a pandoras battery then we could hareness sonys ignorance to viruses and enable ourselves to have custom firmware very easally! Im no great shakes at psp programming but i do know that for some reason viruses still run on the psp without custom firmware so why is that all replies welcome psp virus programmer needed!
    Last edited by Ipceloyn; 11-18-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    On firmares 3.51 and higher, you need pandoras battery and MMS.

There is no other way, as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Junior Member PSP User
    thats cause noones tried this way
    look around u see people that have bricked their psp's howd that happen? somthing managed to get passed the thing on a psp that tells it wheather it should be running it or not if we could find a way to get through that hole then we would be able to hack the psp another way!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipceloyn View Post
    thats cause noones tried this way
    look around u see people that have bricked their psp's howd that happen? somthing managed to get passed the thing on a psp that tells it wheather it should be running it or not if we could find a way to get through that hole then we would be able to hack the psp another way!
    Its because people brick their PSP's changing themes and are on custom firmware.

And anyone who bricks on original usually removes the battery during an update...

Its simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Junior Member PSP User
    people on official firmware brick their psp's to by downloading viruses

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    You do know that only code that has been signed by SONY can be run on Official Firmware therefore what you are saying cannot happen for one..i doubt someone took the time to decrypt the Sony code..

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Junior Member PSP User
    well somone created a trojan for the psp that deletes the base files on the psp just google psp trojan virus but what im saying is that if a virus that manipulated the programming so that it boots straight from cwf without pandoras battery.

Junior Member PSP User
    and dark alex must have a quick method of decompileing owf so he can insert his custom bits so why cant we do that but set it up like a virus?

Yes I have heard about that BUT what you do not realize is that when that came about it was being ran from a firware(such as 1.50 which has NO protection whatsoever thats why we can run homebrew) that allowed things like that..Sony has stepped up the security updates since then(obviously not enough for DA).I'm not saying what you propose is not possible but most likely will never be done as pandora will most likely be the Last downgrader available for PSP's as it can downgrade any firmware and almost any motherboard.

Edit:Yeah Dark_AleX and other PSP CFW developers do know how to decompile OFW but that comes with YEARS of coding.Like i said since we have DC3/7 from DA himself he most likely will not do what your asking

Junior Member PSP User
    what do you think would be required to decompile the boot script as i rekon that that would be the file that would direct the firmware to be booted because as you know its manipulated by pandora by going into recovery mode and all we would need is a bog standared psp trojan that rewrites the boot file to say boot from memory stick because cwf rewrites the bootfile any way

Well from what I've gained(either way you do it softmod or hardmod) by changing your battery EEPROM it prevents the PSP from booting from the F0 but loads the files from the MS which leads you to the PB screen.Now unless you know of another way to stop it from booting to F0 then pandora's always gonna be the option.

Junior Member PSP User
    well do u know any on who is capable of doing that as i would like to have a look at it or do u know any on that is capable of doinf it?

Junior Member PSP User
    because i would love to have a peek at some base scripts or have a go at altering them to see the effects (lol)

Me personally no but you'll need someone with a quite a few years of experience with coding trojans for one and then at least the knowledge of how to compile a PSP game.

Junior Member PSP User
    i was looking for a hexing program as well just to see the files involved in owf as well as cwf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast