Thread: DVD Burning Problem

1. #1 DVD Burning Problem 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    I was burning a DVD with DVD Decrypter today and it was burning at very slow speeds.......0.7x to be exact. I used it the other day and it was burning @ 8x.....I haven't changed any settings or anything and the DVDs are exactly the same. Why is my burner going so slow and how can I fix this?

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker TZone's Avatar
    Hey IONz, did you try and rip the movie with a different decrypter, like DVDFAB or ImageDVD both are Freeware....
    Also have you tried a different movie ? and last question, what movie you trying to rip ?

Oh wait one more, are you using DVDdecrypter with Nero, since they go hand in hand ?
    Also I don't know if you know this, but DVDdecrypter was bought out by Macrovision, even though the software was freeware. LOL! guess they wanted to figure out the decoder that removes DECSS the author was using ...

P.S. What DVD-RW (Burner) you using ?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker lilmetal's Avatar
    I use VSO's ConvertXtoDVD very fast and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TZone
    Hey IONz, did you try and rip the movie with a different decrypter, like DVDFAB or ImageDVD both are Freeware....
    Also have you tried a different movie ? and last question, what movie you trying to rip ?

Oh wait one more, are you using DVDdecrypter with Nero, since they go hand in hand ?
    Also I don't know if you know this, but DVDdecrypter was bought out by Macrovision, even though the software was freeware. LOL! guess they wanted to figure out the decoder that removes DECSS the author was using ...

P.S. What DVD-RW (Burner) you using ?
    Haven't tried with a different decrypter....I've burned like 5 movies already and they all burned at the same speed....I was using DVD shrink with decrypter.

My Bad IONz, it's DVDShrink & Nero that goes hand in hand I looked at my normal process last night.
    For the most part thats all I use, since DVDShrink when finished will launch a NERO burn, basically use the NERO engine to burn the DVD's, have you tried it that way ?

Also you mentioned the last 5 movies, so it seems to afflict everything, ok... Here's one fix that I know works, update the firmware on your DVD Burner.

There is another that is abit more lengthy, which first involves checking your DMA settings for your Burner, making sure it's DMA and not PIO, also it's a good rule of thumb to not have your HD and BURNER not on the same IDE BUS....

Let me know, if the firmware upgrade doesn't help, then we can go through the process of removing and adding the device back in..

ok, I know for sure that the HD and burner are not on the same IDE BUS so that's not the problem.......I'm working on upgrading the firmware right now......if that doesn't work I'll try using nero......might take a while as I have the disc here somewhere :S

Ok, now for one of my problems. I dont feel I should make another topic.

A couple weeks ago, I burned Final Fantasy: Advent Children to a DVD, and a couple days ago I burned the movie Friday to a DVD. Yesterday I put Final Fantasy in to my DVD Player, it worked fine. Then I put it in to my PS2, it worked fine. I put Friday in to my DVD Player, it worked fine. Then I put it in to my PS2, and this time it says "TV system doesn't match" What's it mean???

I burned them with the same program, settings, and DVD-R

That's odd, but it sounds like for some unknown reason, it thinks it's PAL and not NTSC

ok, thx. I thought my PS2 was just racist.

my DVD burner seems to be working as normal after I upgraded the firmware.......that was a bitch to find

Quote Originally Posted by IONz
    my DVD burner seems to be working as normal after I upgraded the firmware.......that was a bitch to find
    So the firmware IDEA worked then that's good... you could have told me the model, I could have got you the firmware

well it's GENERIC DVD RW 12xMAX......but the firmware upgrade was under an Optorite burner

Awww, well Im glad the firmware update fixed it anyway