Thread: memory stick not holding info

1. #1 memory stick not holding info 
    ok i bought a psp new ratchet / clank version it has the 5.03 on it and came with a 1gb mem. now i went on ebay and i bought an 8gb and a 16gb memory sticks both i think were cheap and came from hong kong.. they are identical to the 1 i have. same magic gate pro duo mark. when i try to download games it will download but then i keep getting install failed 80109B83. i formatted the sticks and still nothing. now on the 16g sometimes it downloads music within seconds through the media manager. sometimes the files are there but no tracks. sometimes there is corrupted. now my 1gb will always take all info no problems. is it just that i got 2x crap cards or is it an issue or jap cards not working with us verion psp. if anyone could help that would great, i just want to get everything working smoothly.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TheNe[x]us's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinetic32 View Post
    ok i bought a psp new ratchet / clank version it has the 5.03 on it and came with a 1gb mem. now i went on ebay and i bought an 8gb and a 16gb memory sticks both i think were cheap and came from hong kong.. they are identical to the 1 i have. same magic gate pro duo mark. when i try to download games it will download but then i keep getting install failed 80109B83. i formatted the sticks and still nothing. now on the 16g sometimes it downloads music within seconds through the media manager. sometimes the files are there but no tracks. sometimes there is corrupted. now my 1gb will always take all info no problems. is it just that i got 2x crap cards or is it an issue or jap cards not working with us verion psp. if anyone could help that would great, i just want to get everything working smoothly.
    sorry to say man...those are fake cards (even though the marking looks the same)
    if by reformatting the cards the problem is still there i think its better if you scrap those and get a new one.youd be facing more difficulties if you keep on using it (loss of data or maybe even lead to spoiling your PSP).
    sandisk MMS are cheap & compatible,and i rarely hear problems concerning them.

hope my info helps.

VAE VICTUS - Woe to the Vanquished
    • My eyes....are the color of darkness
    • A Calamity of Epic Scale....Fatalis, Heaven & Earth Are YOURS!!
    • TheNe[x]us LVL.2, 400 More Posts To LVL.3

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    1. Could be fake with almost no capacity
    2. You could have forgotten you need CFW to play games
    3. You have not installed CFW yet
    4. You have CFW Installed but your M33 Driver is set to umd mode (Press select at XMB, go to UMD Mode > M33 Driver - No UMD)

Buy Pandora's from here
    Pandora Battery and 4GB MagicMemory Stick -
    Follow these instructions to install CFW after purchasing your MMS.
    Pandora Battery Install Instructions
    Need to update to 5.00M33-6?
    Dark-Alex.Org - 5.00M33-6 Update and Instructions

Junior Member PSP User
    I think it's 50/50 ordering from Ebay sellers from HK... Sometimes I get good ones sometimes it's total garbage... Have you tried contacting the seller maybe it's just a bad unit...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP crazeeotter's Avatar
    Trade them in at gamestop. they'll take them, then get real ones. lol