Thread: 5.05 PSP Phat. Any good how-to to get it to enable CFW, etc?

1. #1 5.05 PSP Phat. Any good how-to to get it to enable CFW, etc? 
    Hi there. I've looked high and low for a 'step 1' tutorial on how to get my Phat to the point that I can, for example, play an SNES emulator on it. There's all sorts of info out there on how to use Pandora, Lumines, etc etc, to get your PSP to a state where you can do this, but nothing that deals with the 5.05, or even a 'suggested software' to use.

There's a number of competing CFWs out there, and unfortunately, some of the most acclaimed guides are 'writen liek this if u no wat i mean', which doesn't really help my confidence level. -_-

So, I'll just straight-up ask, even if it gets me labeled a 'noob':

I have a PSP-1001 with 5.05 firmware. If helpful, I also have a launch copy of Lumines. The end result I am looking for is 'able to put an SNES emulator on here'.

1. Do I need a Pandora's Battery?
    2. Regardless, What steps should I take to get me to where I want to go?

Thank you so much if anyone can point me to a complete guide that can help, or even jsut give me a step-by-step here. I realize that this site has tons of guides, but none cover my situation.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    I believe a (someone will confirm) that with a PHAT a Pandora can get you on the path to cfw, a good place to get one is dealextreme.com its priced good but it will take some time to get to your house depending on where you live.

A snes emulator is very easy to get once you are on custom firmware.

You will need a memory stick large enough (1gb will do) to hold the custom firmware files. You need to create a "magic memory stick"

I don't believe Lumines will help you get CFW because you are updated to much.

You might try here:

I believe I used this guide, it has some spelling errors but contains all information you need.

instead of grabbing dark alex's 3.8 go grab 5.00m33-6 and google (5.00 PBP)

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-har...-have-cfw.html

(Video)
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Someone confirm that if you go to 3.8 you can update on the built in internet updater.
    Last edited by Potticus; 06-11-2009 at 03:30 AM.

This is what I mean - the first guide you have there is somewhat good, but not all the files download, and it doesn't say what models / versions it works on, and has a very upsetting line in it (more on that), and the second one is very unspecific and 5.03.

Regarding that 'line':
    >> - Scroll down to "Convert to normal mode"; now your battery is pandora-ized

Shouldn't that say DEpandora-ized?

I guess this leads to some simple questions that, if answered, will actually solve my problem:

that first guide - will it work on my 5.05 PSP-1001? Afterwards, will the battery / memory stick be able to go 'back to normal', and are their instructions correct?
    Last edited by MashMashy; 06-11-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Buying a Pandora battery makes it where you don't have to hardmod your battery so it is a Pandora one, so you will have two.

So, your original battery should be fine, ignore that line that you had a question on, and the memory stick all you have to do is format.

If you use torrent's here is a 5.00 one

PSP 5.00 M33 CFW | psp | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine

Quote Originally Posted by Potticus View Post
    Buying a Pandora battery makes it where you don't have to hardmod your battery so it is a Pandora one, so you will have two.

So, your original battery should be fine, ignore that line that you had a question on, and the memory stick all you have to do is format.

If you use torrent's here is a 5.00 one

*torrent url*

So, the 'magic memory stick' isn't something i need to keep using, it is only used to transfer things over?

It is just so very upsetting that I can't get all of the info in one post. I'll get Step 1-3 from here, then 4 from over there, then 'Step 5 but skip step 2' from over there, and I just can't trust anything, since files are missing.

Can anyone just say 'do this, this, this, and this'? And actually have the correct files for it? It can't be this hard. Even the Guides section has incomplete info, with some things dismissed as handwaving ('just flash your stick'). I, and I'm sure others, can't follow instructions that use terms we don't know.

Isn't there a real step by step guide?
    Last edited by MashMashy; 06-11-2009 at 04:47 AM.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-sof...-xp-vista.html

that is a guide to making a MMS, with that all you need is a Pandora Battery, if any part is unclear post back what part.

__________________________________________________ ________

What to do after you get a MMS(Magic Memory Stick)

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-sof...-firmware.html

just skip the mms part.

the video shows what to do after you have everything.

Just follow the second link, and use the first link when you get to the MMS part
    Last edited by Potticus; 06-11-2009 at 05:51 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    you will not need the magic memory stick after you hack your psp, follow the guide above to create mms, buy pandora , then when you have them both put in mms, then hold L while putting in pandora, then press x to install cfw
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

after you do what Danos says, just format your memory stick