Thread: "There Are No Games"

1. #1 "There Are No Games" 
    I just bought a PSP 3000 today, it is modded (i don't know with what) and the guy at the store loaded my 16gb memory card with about 20 iso/cfo games. System info says its Version 5.03 - doesn't say ofw or cfw.

While at the store they demoed the games for me, and I let my little brother play a few games of Virtua Tennis on it until he turned off the system mid-game and after that I got a "There Are No Games" when I tried to access the games on my memory card. The games are still there and it only shows 314mb free space on the memory card.

I've been through every help forum for the first 20 pages of google search and so far I have:

1. Backed up all the games and reformatted the memory stick. Copied the games (in an ISO folder) back. Doesn't work.

2. Created a blank word text document in my PSP/Games folder.

3. Restored all factory defaults (this was after trying the other two).

Haven't tried any firmware upgrades or downgrades, haven't done much research into them yet.

Basically my bro turning off the PSP mid-game must have affected the firmware or something. If anyone has any solution please help! Will try to provide more information, but as I mentioned above, I'm a less-than-a-day old PSP owner.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    did you pay the guy to mod your psp?
    also tell me if it has anything in your photo folder.
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Didn't pay the guy, although we bought a lot of things from the store.

There's nothing in the photos folder (the memory stick has been formatted, and I've only been copying the ISO folders after each format. it's completely empty.

I guess i could go back to the store but it's the weekend and they aren't opened. and it's pretty far from where I live, so hoping i could save a trip.

you see a 3k is not fully hacked so everytime you turn it off you must redo the hack, you need to look into ChickHEN R2 and custom firmware enabler in order to play your games

Also wanted to mention that I've tried copying only one game at a time to the memory stick, in case one of them had a faulty iso, and that didn't work either. Gave up after my 7th or 8th attempt.

so it's everytime i turn it off? We did play a few games on it and turned it off a few times and it worked. only had a problem when he turned it off without fully exiting the game. It'll seem awfully inconvenient to have to reload it every single time. Do I have to do a firmware downgrade?

Any quick links (preferably with detailed instructions, i'm still a newbie) on where I can get to ChickHEN R2 and custom firmware enabler?

In the meantime, thanks for the quick replies.

Quote Originally Posted by mediajunkie View Post
    so it's everytime i turn it off? We did play a few games on it and turned it off a few times and it worked. only had a problem when he turned it off without fully exiting the game. It'll seem awfully inconvenient to have to reload it every single time. Do I have to do a firmware downgrade?

Any quick links (preferably with detailed instructions, i'm still a newbie) on where I can get to ChickHEN R2 and custom firmware enabler?

In the meantime, thanks for the quick replies.
    i am looking into a good guide, you probably did just psp the psp in sleep mode thinking you turned it off

use this page to get chickhen r2 running Install ChickHen R2 on your PSP - Atma Xplorer

then this page to get cfwe running Install Custom Firmware Enabler via ChickHEN R2 Hack - Atma Xplorer
    Last edited by danos; 08-21-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP king234's Avatar
    ok so first of all u r a PIRATE. we dont suggest piracy oin the forum, and bigger pirate is the person who gave u the iso and cso. its illegal to put downloaded games on ur psp.

ANYWAY on the problem....u r screwed, the person u bought the 3000 from had put a folder in ur photos folder that need to be run everytime u have to run cfw on ur psp. so when u formatted u deleted it.

THIS MIGHT HELP:
    YouTube - Installing 5.03 GEN-A CFW on a PSP 3000

There are no stupid Questions...Just stupid people

ANYONE WANT INSTANT LOCKERZ INVITE, PM ME!!!