Thread: Strange Windows Issues...

1. #1 Strange Windows Issues... 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I have been running windows for a while (and I love it) and I realized how many funny/stupid things it has done to me over the years and I thought it deserved a thread for everybody to share their's..

For starters this morning I clicked on My Computer on the Start Menu and it popped up this box...
    Attached Images

Member PSP User
    reinstall windows... just a couple of minutes

if u dont want to ive found a guide to turn off Data Executor Program
    www .tech-recipes. com/rx/566/xp-sp2-how-to-turn-off-the-data-execution-prevention-feature-dep/

(remove the spaces for link

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    That is your own fault for getting a virus.

Junior Member PSP User
    Actually my system is working fine... that box only came up once... I just thought it was funny

Senior Member I Modded My PSP em0rox's Avatar
    You could have hundreds of non threatening viruses and spyware on your system and it could still "work fine" so that's not really proof of anything.

You should just reinstall your operating system, I usually do that once or twice a month on all my systems, it's not like it is hard so why not...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Data Execution prevention is actually a legitimate process that attempts to stop potentially unwanted process from running. This seems more like an error than a virus, although I would scan with this just to make sure:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Junior Member PSP User
    Hey man I know for a fact that reinstalling Windows every month isn't good for your computer.... I also was testing with my parental filter for the various weaknesses and strengths when this happened and I had to uninstall some stuff... I sometimes think that those things are spyware in themselves..

Member PSP User
    nothing will happen to your computer is u keep re-installing your os i used to do it almost every other day till i found out how to dual boot properly

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djp6 View Post
    nothing will happen to your computer is u keep re-installing your os i used to do it almost every other day till i found out how to dual boot properly
    You sound like the traditional Aussie idiot.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djp6 View Post
    You reinstalled your OS every other day? Bloody hell.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker mrbob3's Avatar
    I have a simpler method. I install windows, install all the programs, drivers and internet utilities. Then make an image of my C: drive with acronis true image home 2009. Then if my windows goes bad or start getting sluggish, i just re-install the image and hey presto, 15 mins later i have a fresh install like it was before!

Think of it as the ultimate windows restore prog.

Member PSP User
    That means you installed a bot! Lolz Try scanning your pc with this Anti virus for Linux, Windows and more with firewall, antispam, recovery security - Avira AntiVir and norton if u have it. Well some bots might stay dorment so its best to use vmware and just virtualize the risky shit. Don't us ie coz its not secure, firefox is better. Don't use those illegal programs coz it's filthy! Stay clean and safe or else you will get more problems.

BTW, Don't turn off data execution prevention it's there for a reason. I remember using tsearch to hook on to a game I was hacking and this warning poped up. I was not worried coz I know what program was doing it but if a program randomly does that then you have something bad on your pc. lol
    Last edited by monisd; 10-16-2009 at 05:17 AM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Okay explain to me why the hell you would even reinstall your operating system? I have had mines installed for 3 months now(new HDD) and no issues/errors runs just freakin fine!

I don't think reinstalling your OS does anything at all, besides replace your system files over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... unless you were a stupid pirate and downloaded a bad .exe, serves YE right! viruses corrupt your system files.
    i am an idiot.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Okay explain to me why the hell you would even reinstall your operating system? I have had mines installed for 3 months now(new HDD) and no issues/errors runs just freakin fine!

I don't think reinstalling your OS does anything at all, besides replace your system files over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... unless you were a stupid pirate and downloaded a bad .exe, serves YE right! viruses corrupt your system files.
    a traditional install formats the drive (erasing all data and viruses, unless somehow they've carved a new partition into your drive and are hiding there) therefore eliminating all virus, but at the cost of a lengthy install and your recovery

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Run the tool I linked you to, it's more of a post-infection scanner. Believe me, it works.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD