Thread: Dual boot psp firmwares

1. #1 Dual boot psp firmwares 
    Member PSP User
    From prievious posts i have probably worn out my flash, is there a way that i can Dual boot firmwares without flashing? Like somekind of program.

Member PSP User
    yup.........u can................

Member PSP User
    I don't know about dual booting but goku2778 has made a guide about using custom firmware and official firmware without flashing.
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/softwar...enjoy-cfw.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Time Machine 0.1.

Member PSP User
    also time machine 0.2............

Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    also time machine 0.2............
    If you were smart enough to not spam the forums, you'd know there isn't one.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    you know what would be cool Moderators, if you could at least tell us how using Time Machine to "emulate" firmwares would be great! even in my guide that Mappedd posted up has comments for TM to "emulate 1.5" and yet every time i've tried that, it only installs 1.5ofw or any other firmware of your choice that it has. it doesn't emulate from what i can see, and i was just googling it "how to use time machine 0.1", "how to use time machine to emulate 1.5"...everything points me to guides that only states "installing" different firmware levels.

a little more insight on this would be greatly appreciated

edit...still searched it, still same results...so i stand by method cause it doesn't flash anything back and forth, takes less space cause it only uses 5.00m33-4 emulation and will also allow Leda to function to get 1.5 apps working.
    Last edited by goku2778; 01-25-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    you know what would be cool Moderators, if you could at least tell us how using Time Machine to "emulate" firmwares would be great! even in my guide that Mappedd posted up has comments for TM to "emulate 1.5" and yet every time i've tried that, it only installs 1.5ofw or any other firmware of your choice that it has. it doesn't emulate from what i can see, and i was just googling it "how to use time machine 0.1", "how to use time machine to emulate 1.5"...everything points me to guides that only states "installing" different firmware levels.

a little more insight on this would be greatly appreciated

edit...still searched it, still same results...so i stand by method cause it doesn't flash anything back and forth, takes less space cause it only uses 5.00m33-4 emulation and will also allow Leda to function to get 1.5 apps working.
    Idk.
    But theoretically, all you need is a COMPLETE flash0, 1, 2, 3 dump, and the IPL for that particular CFW, and you can open it in Time Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 View Post
    Idk.
    But theoretically, all you need is a COMPLETE flash0, 1, 2, 3 dump, and the IPL for that particular CFW, and you can open it in Time Machine.
    i got the time machine 0.1 again, i opened it...but i really don't want to mess with flashings like that on mine, plus i can't find a "how to" on emulating it like that, everything says "install, install, install"...so would it be the dumping of 1 of the ipl choices that it has on it when opened from the GAME folder?? or is it that dumping folder that comes with that's needed?? so many choices on what to do, and my psp has been flashed so many times trying out things that i really don't want to further flash firmwares on my nand.

that's what's throwing me off, there's no clear directions on how to do this without flash installing the firmwares of the choices. i'm determined to figure it out though lol...

i'll keep you all posted if i figure it out exactly, same with anyone else here who wants to try...
    [CENTER]

TM installs to the MS.

Then use a PB to boot the selected IPL.
    I'ma play around w/ it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 View Post
    TM installs to the MS.

Then use a PB to boot the selected IPL.
    I'ma play around w/ it tomorrow.
    i get the installing part of the TM itself...i have to mess with it, doing it a bit right now, will post back but keep me posted as well bro...thanks!

still gotta catch you on the ps3 for some Tekken6 or resistance 2 man

edit...i'm officially washing my hands with the TM emulations, all it does is install firmwares, the read me says something maybe about how it differs but gives no insight on how not to install it and only emulate.
    Last edited by goku2778; 01-25-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    [CENTER]

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    you can dualboot firmware if you have a modchip though I believe that since they're so old they're only for fats and can't completely fit all the firmware files, Time Machines fairly easy I recommend using pandora deluxe to install it.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    you can dualboot firmware if you have a modchip though I believe that since they're so old they're only for fats and can't completely fit all the firmware files, Time Machines fairly easy I recommend using pandora deluxe to install it.
    Epsilion Bios.

Booted 2.70/1 from the flash, or from the modchip; Epsilion Bios. (Practically a 2.7X CFW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    they only work on the 2 mobo types from the phats...i looked into getting it done on 1 of mine, but the picture in their guide looked like a hack job so i avoided it.

you pretty much do the same thing with the mms/pandora test m33 option...you're on a firmware and it boots from service mode into 5.00m33-4 cfw mode, same principle, no hacking to your board either...pop out the pandora, replace the normal battery and bang, you're back on your normal operating firmware.

so easy
    [CENTER]