Thread: HELP!! windows 7 says BOOTMGR missing! wont startup!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1 HELP!! windows 7 says BOOTMGR missing! wont startup! 
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    69

    My windows 7 home premium wont start up all it says is
    "BOOTMGR" missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

    My families old laptop broke-windows xp home edition, we turned the harddrive into an external USB harddrive but the tech guy said my sisters and my logon wouldnt be accessable cuz of log-in passwords. my sister wanted to see some old horse photos on her log-in i tried to access and it said i couldnt access it unless i changed security settings so i did, later she copied the photos, put them on facebook, and i shut down my laptop.
    i started up later and it came up with the error message-

    "BOOTMGR" missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

    I have no repair or startup disk cuz i ordered it from america (i live in New Zealand).

    how can i fix it?!!!!!

    HELP
    When life hands you lemons:
    1. Thow them back and complain grape juice is more popular.
    2. Make lemonade, earn money, and buy a house eg. a cardboard box
    3. Trow your lemons at people
    4. Get an idea for a lemon show called 'Super Happy Invinsible Tangerine, otherwise known as: S.H.I.T
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,874
    Pop in your Windows 7 DVD, go into setup, hit R to enter the Repair Console.

    Type "fixboot". Hit enter. Type exit. Your computer should restart and work.

    AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    69
    I dont have a windows7 disk or repair disk because i ordered it from america as i stated
    When life hands you lemons:
    1. Thow them back and complain grape juice is more popular.
    2. Make lemonade, earn money, and buy a house eg. a cardboard box
    3. Trow your lemons at people
    4. Get an idea for a lemon show called 'Super Happy Invinsible Tangerine, otherwise known as: S.H.I.T
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fire View Post

    My windows 7 home premium wont start up all it says is
    "BOOTMGR" missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

    My families old laptop broke-windows xp home edition, we turned the harddrive into an external USB harddrive but the tech guy said my sisters and my logon wouldnt be accessable cuz of log-in passwords. my sister wanted to see some old horse photos on her log-in i tried to access and it said i couldnt access it unless i changed security settings so i did, later she copied the photos, put them on facebook, and i shut down my laptop.
    i started up later and it came up with the error message-

    "BOOTMGR" missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

    I have no repair or startup disk cuz i ordered it from america (i live in New Zealand).

    how can i fix it?!!!!!

    HELP
    ZOMFG.

    I'm in Timaru!
    But i bet your an Aucklander...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Member PSP User Pathard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Well, do you have the install files? The ISO? I don't have the disk so I made my own with the installer ISO. Mostly every fix for the BOOTMGR missing error can be solved with the disk. I had this error a few days ago myself after installing a new SATA hard drive. You could try shutting the entire laptop or desktop down. Unhook/take out allthe hard drives, and then just place the hard drive with the OS back in. If that works, shut down and hook everything (the other drives) back up.

    On a side note, if you do manage to get an install disk working, either borrowed of made yourself, one fix is this: Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek another is this: How to fix "BOOTMGR is missing" in Windows Vista

    However, like I said, you could try taking out the hard drives (ALL of them), then pop the main drive (with the OS) back in. Reboot to see if that did anything. If it did, and it worked, put the other drives back in and start up again. If you get the error once more, maybe (like mine) the computer is trying to launch for another drive for some reason.

    Hopefully this helps you! Good luck.
    Last edited by Pathard; 12-20-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,874
    Make sure your primary hard drive is set to Master0.

    AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fire View Post
    I dont have a windows7 disk or repair disk because i ordered it from america as i stated
    How would that make any sense? What did you do, install it and then the disc exploded? I'm pretty sure "I ordered it from American" is code for "I pirated it". There is no other reason that you wouldn't have a disc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Junior Member PSP User Pathard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    How would that make any sense? What did you do, install it and then the disc exploded? I'm pretty sure "I ordered it from American" is code for "I pirated it". There is no other reason that you wouldn't have a disc.
    Well, he might have done what I did and just ordered the installer files. Maybe not though. I had to create my own boot disk, because for some reason.. the disk I ordered with the digital copy never got here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,695
    Yeah like most netbooks don't come with the instillation CD, so I had to ummm download it so I could reinstall the OS.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,315
    If you buy a PC/laptop new from a big manufacturer they probably won't give you a disc or recovery disc, but instead put a recovery partition on the HDD that you are meant to create your own discs from, if you read the papers that come with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    If you buy a PC/laptop new from a big manufacturer they probably won't give you a disc or recovery disc, but instead put a recovery partition on the HDD that you are meant to create your own discs from, if you read the papers that come with it.
    Yeah true but if you can't boot Windows, then you can't access that recovery partition which has the software to repair Windows so in turn you're screwed anyways.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsofwar210 View Post
    Yeah true but if you can't boot Windows, then you can't access that recovery partition which has the software to repair Windows so in turn you're screwed anyways.
    No, I mean you're meant to create recovery discs yourself straight away, so then if it does go wrong you have them to use.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    No, I mean you're meant to create recovery discs yourself straight away, so then if it does go wrong you have them to use.
    True but since netbooks don't have any cd/dvd drives you have to either install it using a network cd/dvd drive, or you can create a bootable usb stick which I have done, and booting and installing Windows from a USB High Speed 2.0 stick is much faster then from a DVD, I've done it with XP, Vista and Windows 7.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,874
    OK. I am in no way encouraging that you download a Windows 7 Installation disc from a torrent site, or that you borrow a recovery disc from a friend. However you choose to acquire it, follow my original instructions.

    AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    69
    Yea i bought it from future shop in LA. The instructions never said anything about making a recovery disk, well i cant check that now!. they should make a pop up that tells you to make one. but anyway anyone know of a safe link that has a windows 7 recovery disk? is it copyright or anything or is it a free download? another thing, Ipinguin2 yes i am in auckland.
    When life hands you lemons:
    1. Thow them back and complain grape juice is more popular.
    2. Make lemonade, earn money, and buy a house eg. a cardboard box
    3. Trow your lemons at people
    4. Get an idea for a lemon show called 'Super Happy Invinsible Tangerine, otherwise known as: S.H.I.T
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. psp lock on startup
    By twizdt in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
  3. Password on startup
    By ryanbrooks in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
  4. i need some startup .rco's for my psp
    By Conkinator in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 07:04 PM
  5. windows wont recognise psp
    By Mazgem in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •