Thread: Incase you were wondering...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Incase you were wondering... 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    The PS3 isn't a gaming machine! Look at this from PS3-hacks.com:

PS3 Not A "Game Machine"

Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi has revealed the true purpose of PlayStation 3, further explaining the functionality of the console and its place in home entertainment.

Speaking to Impress PC Watch, the SCE boss boldly stated that PS3 ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“is not a game machine⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?, going on to proclaim that Sony has ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“never once called it a game machine⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š?.

So what is it then?

Well, according to Kutaragi, the machine is to be an ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“entertainment supercomputerÃƒÆ’Ã‚à ¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬à ¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€š? that, unlike other computers, which are invariably built primarily for other purposes, is designed to deliver the best all-round entertainment experience yet seen.

ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“PCs that are currently available have been created as work tools,âà ƒÆ’¢â€šà ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? Kutaragi explains. ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“TheyÃƒÆ’à ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒà ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚à ‚¢ve begun selling computers with media playback capabilities, such as the Media Center PC, but those just imitate the functions of home electronics. ItÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s not like those machines have been created solely for entertainment.

ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“On the other hand, PS3 has been created as a computer for entertainment. Entertainment refers to a lot of things, and not just to games. PS3 will be able to provide powerful functions for all forms of entertainment.ÃƒÆ’Ã‚à ¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬à ¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€š ?

Kutaragi also explains that PS3 is the product SCE has been building up to over the years with the release of its previous machines.

ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“We havenÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t been creating our PlayStations for the sake of games,âà ƒÆ’¢â€šà ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? he explains. ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“Our belief, and the motivation behind running our company, has been to [apply] the power of computers to entertainment and enjoyment.

ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“We equipped the original PlayStation with a 3D graphics chip, and we equipped PS2 with the Emotion Engine. PS3 isnâà ’¢â€šÃ €šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢t designed to lean towards games. ItÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s not a computer for children. In the sense that our goal has been [to design] a computer thatâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s meant for entertainment, you could say that the original PlayStation and PlayStation 2 had existed as steps towards PlayStation 3.

ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“PS3 is the product we have been aiming for since the establishment of SCEI.ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬Ãƒâ€š?"

I don't like this move. Sony is just stabbing itself over and over again in the heart. So stupid! We already got our computers sony, and they have more than a 2.4 GHz processor(most of us anyways). Someone needs to put Sony SCEI back in their place.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    ps3 not a gaming machine:

no, its a overpriced underpowered "computer". they make computers that will do what the ps3 is gonna do and better as well as more efficently.

what is it then?

sure as hell aint a supercomputer. voodoo computers top of the line system will dance circles around it, thats a supercomputer

my take on all the shit their slinging? well... sony needs to sit down and shut up. if they were trully ontop of the gaming industry, then they would have enough bank to be able to lower the prices on their systems. sounds like most of the sony reps are cocky bastards. whats the main pro to the ps3? wii and 360 are gonna sell really well do to the affordablity. my money is going to the wii till the ps3's price drops a good $250 or more.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Livinitup_042001's Avatar
    SONY Is Truly A Sad Company
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!
    Halo 3 Rox! Besides the fact that it's for Xbox. Touche Microsoft.

yeah. they lost my respect awhile ago. they lost there way awhile ago and forgot its about the games and not the zeros on their paychecks
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP BBCARROTBB's Avatar
    no offense to anyone, but the ps3 will be the new gen. console. it is going to be insane. Sure it costs alot and people are trashing it but 75% of those trashers have it on preorder.

NO DOUBT

" NOOB HEAVEN "

Click here to go to my site.

glad im part of that 25% that doesnt like to waste money. i rather wait till it has a nice selection of games and doesnt turn out like my 360 w/ no fun games to play
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I'm Part Of That 25% Too, Like It'd Even Want To Pre-Order It (Sony And Their Insane Prices Can Go To Hell)
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!

8. #8 Ya see... 
    Hardly any good games is exactly what i new would happen to the system. Developers have a hard time getting used to the system. I'm financially smart i guess
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    huh, ya so u can go buy a $600 computer, with 10 times the memry, and will have all the capalities except for gaming,

personally i think blu ray is overated

blu ray movies are going to be $30, wtf, they trying to raise pirating, i maen ppl already dont want to pay $15 or $25 for movies, why raise it

ppl already dont wanna pay $50 for games, why da hell raise that

not everyone has money
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

i have money, i just dont believe that kind of money is justified. by now, video game systems are viewed as "home entertainment systems" yet, no cd burner, no full fuction browser, no decent operating system, tiny hard drives, and limited usb support. $600 might not buy a really powerful pc to compete with the ps3 graphics wise, but u can use it to buy games for systems u already own... and emulate games that already rock... from back when games were about the gameplay... i know some people remember that
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i have money, i just dont believe that kind of money is justified. by now, video game systems are viewed as "home entertainment systems" yet, no cd burner, no full fuction browser, no decent operating system, tiny hard drives, and limited usb support. $600 might not buy a really powerful pc to compete with the ps3 graphics wise, but u can use it to buy games for systems u already own... and emulate games that already rock... from back when games were about the gameplay... i know some people remember that
    It really is kinda sad that the games nowadays are about the graphics and audio quality for the most part. They have improved but they DO need to focus a bit more on the quality of the gameplay itself.

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    yep the first nintendo
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

the games died during the last release. theres only a handful of great titles among the crap. i dont care about lighting effects and how many polys went into a character. i want good game play
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Good Game Play Would Be Nice
    PSP VERS. 3.80
    GOOGLE Is Your Friend!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Psp_Hellraiser's Avatar
    I dont like the PS3. It is overpriced. Yes i could buy it when it came out. But i just see it as a console worth buying. $600 is way to much. And now it seems like sony is changing the type of games they released.

The only reason i bought a ps2 was for the RPGs. But the PS3 seems like it wont have RPGs.

And when i can get a Wii and 360 for less/the same price. I feel like its a rip off. I have a 360 right bow and it is just fine. Plus, does sony have Halo or Gears Of War. How about Mass Effect. No.

Also sony keeps saying that everyone steals their ideas. Sony has a bad reputation for stealing peoples ideas. here is a list:

Dual Shock 2 controller's rumble method was some one elses patented method.
    Analog stick was first from nintendo, then sony cam out with a controller with... ANALOG STICKS!
    The 8 patent infringements on the psp.
    Dual Shake ps3 controller has Motion sensing. Nintendo had it in their controller first.
    They are making a Xbox live like thing for the ps3.
    Having the option of buying a console with or without a hardrive.
    92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast