Thread: Video Card

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Video Card 
    Canadian Taco PSP Mad Hacker Jose Burrito Gu's Avatar
    Hey, I wanted to know if this video card will work on steam, with games like L4D, and Portal?

Sparkle SP94GT1024D2LHP GeForce 9400 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI, DVI, VGA at TigerDirect.com
    Sig made by me

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    it will work, but i wouldn't recommend maxing out graphic settings. never max out graphic settings. especially anti-aliasing. fuck that. also whats your CPU?

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Wanting to upgrade to intel core i5 (if possible), but atm its a intel celeron 2.5ghz
    Sig made by me

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sven's Avatar

☭Коммунизм для нашего будущего!☭

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Burrito Gu View Post
    Wanting to upgrade to intel core i5 (if possible), but atm its a intel celeron 2.5ghz
    with an i5 ya i'd be great. but still. never max out graphic settings.

ok, well about the i5, how do i know which specific model to get? I went on intel's website only to find they have like 15 different types of the i5.
    Sig made by me

different types are like different clock speeds and a few other minor things.

L
    Different sockets all together. You gonna need another mobo

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Hey, I wanted to know if this video card will work on steam, with games like L4D, and Portal?

Sparkle SP94GT1024D2LHP GeForce 9400 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI, DVI, VGA at TigerDirect.com
    Lol did you just go through my signature and pick out the card I have? Ok, you have to consider a lot of things when picking out a video card. It's a good card for Valve games, but if you want to play, say Black Ops, and shit like that, you want something beefier. Also, the 512MB version is faster than the 1GB version. Things you have to consider:

A) Cost to Performance ratio. In this case you're paying a little a getting a little. You can pay a little more and get a lot more power
    B) Do you have a compatible motherboard? Don't expect to be able to plug this into an AGP board from a 10 year old PC.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Different sockets all together. You gonna need another mobo
    Fuck that. When you have to replace the mobo, you know it's time to build a new rig.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    Lol did you just go through my signature and pick out the card I have? Ok, you have to consider a lot of things when picking out a video card. It's a good card for Valve games, but if you want to play, say Black Ops, and shit like that, you want something beefier. Also, the 512MB version is faster than the 1GB version. Things you have to consider:

A) Cost to Performance ratio. In this case you're paying a little a getting a little. You can pay a little more and get a lot more power
    B) Do you have a compatible motherboard? Don't expect to be able to plug this into an AGP board from a 10 year old PC.

Fuck that. When you have to replace the mobo, you know it's time to build a new rig.
    LMAO, lol i didnt know you were using one (im also fairly sure it's compatible, i have 2 open pci slots). I really dont wanna swap my mobo, what is a different cpu i could get?
    Sig made by me

L
    Intel Celeron 2.5 uses a 478 socket. The i5 is a whole different animal. You just cant plug it into a 478 socket.
    i5=whole different mobo. You can probably find a P4 HT with a 478 socket fairly cheap

so a Pentium 4 will work? like just any working one? no sub-categories and stuffs?
    Sig made by me

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    LMAO, lol i didnt know you were using one (im also fairly sure it's compatible, i have 2 open pci slots). I really dont wanna swap my mobo, what is a different cpu i could get?
    With a Celeron, you're not going to find a motherboard in your PC that can take anything new. You can maybe take a Pentium 4 and that's no good for most games now. The absolutely lowest you should go is a Core i3, and the lowest you want for good gaming is a Core i5. But I really suggest an AMD processor. They're more powerful and cheaper too. Dude, it's time to build a new PC. Seriously. It's not hard and it costs less than just buying one pre-built.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

when you say build, do u mean from scratch. like case, mobo, cpu, etc? i think i will need some help in terms of compatibility.

EDIT: I found this, any good? just needs a power supply, video card, maybe a better processor, OS, and cables

ECS A740GM-M Motherboard and AMD Phenom X4 9450e Quad-Core Processor 2.1GHz and Cooler Master Fan for AMD CPUs and Centon 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 and Seagate Barracuda 1TB Low Power Hard Drive and S Bundle at TigerDirect.com
    Last edited by Jose Burrito Gu; 01-23-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    Sig made by me

L
    You have your current case, what size is it? micro ATX probably. I use an AMD processor, they are great for the price. Just dont overheat them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast