Thread: Help me please

1. #1 Help me please 
    Ok, let me start off with the whole story before I ask questions. Got a PSP with charger at a P.S today for $20 guy said all he knows is it doesnt work properly. I figured what the heck. Got it home and turned it on. Comes on fine and had version 1.52 I think it was that or 1.51. Put in a UMD and it starts to load and the whole system freezes and shuts off about 15 seconds later. I tried putting it in at start and after the system is already on and get froze both ways. After going through 5 UMD games and 2 movies I have none work so its definately the system. SOOO. I decided well lets upgrade to 2.0 and then downgrade to 1.5 and run homebrews from the memory card since the memory part seems to work fine. I am a newbie to PSP but catch on pretty fast so I would consider myself advanced newbie...lol A few mins later I have 2.0 on the system no prob..woohoo! Half way there. Now I go and get the eboot 1.50 file downloaded and the MPHdowngrader downloaded. I put everything it there proper places PSP/GAME/UPDATE put in the eboot 1.50 file-psp/photo put in the overflow.tif- and put the BIN and dat file in the root menu and we're set. I went to the VSHELL photo menu and BOOM automatic freeze then system shuts off after 10-15 seconds just like when you put in a UMD exactly. Never does what everywhere says about all the weird letters and such. I try starting it real fast and starting the downgrader and all I get is the You have 2.0 no reasopn to upgrade crap. I tried pulling the battery out reakl fast and restarting and still you have 2.0 no reason to upgrade. I read on a few sites where you might set the frame_buffer file as the backgroud and did and then tried vshell photo menu still nothing but the same freeze. I have set at this computer/PSP trying and trying and nothing. I looked around and decided to find what seems to be the best hackers around on psp and you guys appear to have it going on so where do I go from here? Can I upgrade even higher then downgrade? Can I run homebrews from a 2.0 without UMD usage? Anything help would be much appreciated. By the way I am Jeremy and hello to everyone.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well, there is an eloader that uses the tiff exploit for 2.0, you can get it from here. if you upgrade, you'll have to have grand theft auto:liberty city stories to downgrade/run hombrew, and there's no guarantee that will work since it seems your umd drive is flaky. I would venture to say that a part of the flash was corrupted, but then again, the upgrade should have fixed that. Perhaps it's a problem with the umd drive. you could always disconnect the drive from the mobo to see if the downgrader would work then, but i doubt it would help. if it turns out it is the umd drive, I got one I could sell you, but like I said, I'm not sure man, that's a toughy.

Hi and welcome to the forums, haha. Sorry that I'm no help, lol.

Fixed it. Went on and upgraded to 2.71 and then used the new downgrader. Red screen wouldnt appear to start with and kept freezing my psp like before and then I decided to try and pull the memory card out and push back in as I clcked the photo folder and behold that beautiful red screen worked. I now have 1.5 and have played Dr Mario and the new Smash Brother game so far just to try. Question where do I find all of the NES games? Snes etc?

their roms. and are illehgal if you dont have an original copy of the game, so we dont post links, the best advice is to search google with snes roms, or nes roms, etc...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Warriorz's Avatar
    congratz on downgrading and welcome to the forums... can u give me the link to the new smash brothers game please if its homebrewed

Edit: nvm found it
    Hey, click here and we can both get a free XBOX 360
    http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=34965672
    OR
    Click here and we can both get a free XBOX 360
    http://Consoles.real-incentives.com/?referral=6759 (free offer for UK residents!!!)

Thanks to everyone who replied. I found the sites and am enjoying a handheld like I never thought I could. I have always been a console guy. Never finished Castlevania 4 on snes years ago. Well watch out Drac I'M BACK! lol