Thread: Best Buy Warranty !PLEASE LOOK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Best Buy Warranty !PLEASE LOOK! 
    Member PSP User
    Okay guys. I just noticed this today, as I was watching Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, that there is a faint semicircle at the top of the screen in the middle. I know this is not the only time this has ever happened because I've seen it before. I want to take the PSP to Best Buy. The only thing is, at the moment I cannot find the receipt so I do not know if I have the Replacement warranty or the Service warranty. What is the difference between these two? I'm guessing with the Service warranty they will only fix it and not give you a brand new PSP. If I do have the Replacement warranty though, what do I need to bring to them...just my PSP or everything that came with it including the box?

^Cloud Strife

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I would just bring everything just in case.
    Don't want to get stuck and go back home.

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    the replacement warranty replaces your psp, basically dont even bother to go to betbuy,

wen u go to customer service they just tell you to call the number on the back of the warantly brochure thing

i thought i give you a heads up
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    hey im gonna return my PSP TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! Im so fucking excited! And i spent 50 dollars on a fucking warranty, and the best money i've ever spent in my whole damn life, cause now i'll have a 1.5 (hopefully). So did you have that special warranty? and dont worry about any fucking receipt, cause they already got it in their system. I know this first hand from when i went to best buy to exchange my Quake 4 PC game that had a misprinting so that it was impossible to install. They didn't hassle me much. Except the guy was fucking hawaiian so i felt like he was a fucking moron.
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Member PSP User
    Wait...if i return it what do you think the chances of me getting a ta-082 mobo is?

^Cloud Strife

90%......///

if you're returning it to the store, I'd say your chances of getting a ta-082 are pretty slim, unless you're getting a core system, then it's 100% sure you're gonna get a ta-082.

Member PSP User
    Okay so now I have two totally opposite opinions...

^Cloud Strife

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    doesnt matter which one u get since they are working on a ta082 downgrader, so its just a matter of how long till u can play homebrew
    R.I.P Zoidberg

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPBETTERTHANDS
    hey im gonna return my PSP TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! Im so fucking excited! And i spent 50 dollars on a fucking warranty, and the best money i've ever spent in my whole damn life, cause now i'll have a 1.5 (hopefully). So did you have that special warranty? and dont worry about any fucking receipt, cause they already got it in their system. I know this first hand from when i went to best buy to exchange my Quake 4 PC game that had a misprinting so that it was impossible to install. They didn't hassle me much. Except the guy was fucking hawaiian so i felt like he was a fucking moron.
    na youll probally have to go with out a psp for maybe a month,

cuz wen you call that nubmer, they send you a maling label, then you have to mail your psp to where ever it goes,

wen it gets there, they try to determine if its "defective" or not.

then you have to wait for your money back in a giftcard

this whole process takes more than a month, took me forever atleast

and after all this, your warranty is gone, its done
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cloud Strife's Avatar
    heh i got my psp's before they got wise lol

Click the image above to play this fun fun game! and remember to put the referal number 6506 and the promo code 6506!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    I love best buy now I exchanged my 2.80 psp (with a TA-081 mobo) and got the last psp in the mall It was a $200, the core thing. So the guy let me keep my headset, cleaning cloth, and my 32 stick. Plus, i forgot my A/C adapter at home and he didn't notice it wasn't in there, so he gave me the new one in the package its worth $30, and plus i got a brand new battery from the package! Its a TA-082 which is a little depressing i must say, but atleast i got a psp and atleast there should be a downgrader soon. I can't wait! OH and that warranty of mine is still in affect for a whole nother 13 months!!! so i'll probably try to get a PSP2 or something with my PSP :P
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    u mean the psp2 that sony denied they were making?
    R.I.P Zoidberg

lol, I told you dood, core=ta-082. oh well, just don't upgrade and use the new eloader.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    You should've just bought a used psp and asked to check the psp..what i did was say can i see it,i wanna start it up and like check for dead pixels..so i checked the FW and then opened the drive haha pretending i was checking if the drive was damaged and i got a 2.6

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast