Thread: help with my psp!

1. #1 help with my psp! 
    Member PSP User
    a couple of months ago, someone offered to use a program that fooled the psp into thinking it was 2.5 . Before this happened, my psp was a version 1.5 and I was able to play roms on it, now is their a way to get my psp into it's orginal version of 1.5? can someone please help me with this, it's been 4 months, and I was thinking of getting rid of my psp, but I miss playing Nes games on it. Thanks.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    so its a 2.50 now? u need to clarify your question before we can help u
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    have u played it much, or tryed restarting it? you could be in devhook.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    hmm try ugrading it to a 2.6, or 2.71

and downgrade it with these
    2.5/2.6 downgrader
    2.71 downgrader

if you are talking about they used a trick to make the psp say 2.5 when you check system settings, then just go use x-flash to change it back
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by psp
    hmm try ugrading it to a 2.6, or 2.71

and downgrade it with these
    2.5/2.6 downgrader
    2.71 downgrader

if you are talking about they used a trick to make the psp say 2.5 when you check system settings, then just go use x-flash to change it back

Sorry for the long delay guys, I was out of town and I just got back a couple of days ago. Sorry again, if I wasn't more specific in my question, I meant to say that my psp was a version 1.5. A friend of mine use a program into making the psp think it was 2.5. I bought megaman maverick hunter x for psp, and for some reason when I try to play the game, the psp shuts off by itself. Where can I get x-flash psp? Thakns for all your information guys, take care and I will wait for your replies.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    You can get x-flash (or WAB version changer, which should do the same thing) from either www.psp-hacks.com or www.pspupdates.com
    Just use the search feature on either site
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Member PSP User
    can someone explain to me the steps in order, I heard that you can damage your psp if your not careful. Can someone help? Thanks.

"A friend of mine use a program into making the psp think it was 2.5" im still not sure what u mean by that, if it thinks it 2.5, then it can only do things 2.5 can do, so surely is on 2.5 fw....
    or do you mean he just edited where it says what firmware you are on, but that will only change the mere text, nothing to do with the operation of the psp.
    If your talking about devhook then u can just change it back again

please could you try to clarify what you mean by this

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber wolf
    "A friend of mine use a program into making the psp think it was 2.5" im still not sure what u mean by that, if it thinks it 2.5, then it can only do things 2.5 can do, so surely is on 2.5 fw....
    or do you mean he just edited where it says what firmware you are on, but that will only change the mere text, nothing to do with the operation of the psp.
    If your talking about devhook then u can just change it back again

please could you try to clarify what you mean by this

Okay, I will try to explain it the best way. My psp used to be a 1.5, so a friend of mine told me that there was a program that can make the psp think it is a version 2.5, but the psp will still be able to play homebrew games. So I offered to do this, now when I got my psp back, I went to the system settings on the psp screen, and it said version 2.50, but when I tried to play Megaman Hunter X for the psp, the psp suddenly shuts off by itself, and now I can't play no psp games or homebrews. All I want to do is find a way to change it back to version 1.5. I hope I explained this the best possible way I could, all I need now is someone to point me in the right direction, thanks.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    well, if he just used devhook, then hold the power switch for .. meh 20 seconds or so until the psp physically shuts off...
    after starting it back up again, you'll be back to 1.5.

Now.. if you come back up to 2.50, then your friend upgraded you. Follow the posts above (and many on this site) on how to downgrade again. You shouldn't have a problem either way.

Try doing a hard reboot first (instructions in the first paragraph i wrote) and see if your fw comes back to 1.5

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    He also could have used XFlash or WAB version changer to spoof the psp into thinking its a 2.5. Does your 2.5 version psp have the web browser icon? If so, then its truely been updated. If not, then its just a firmware modification and you should be able to run homebrew and use a version changing program to change the version back to 1.5.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by lead2gold
    well, if he just used devhook, then hold the power switch for .. meh 20 seconds or so until the psp physically shuts off...
    after starting it back up again, you'll be back to 1.5.

Now.. if you come back up to 2.50, then your friend upgraded you. Follow the posts above (and many on this site) on how to downgrade again. You shouldn't have a problem either way.

Try doing a hard reboot first (instructions in the first paragraph i wrote) and see if your fw comes back to 1.5

I tried the power switch trick, I held the switch just like you said, but nothing changed, it still at 2.5. , but what I don't understand is if it's been upgraded then I should be able to play newer psp games or atleast be able to keep upgrading the firmware, but I can't even do that. So where can I get xflash?