Thread: Psp Q.

1. #1 Psp Q. 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP illmanered's Avatar
    alright, ive had my psp fpr about 2 months now. I am unable to download programs for the psp. but my q is...is there anyway to connect to the internet, or to the computer for that fact without a wirless conection? ex. using the usb cable. like I said I cant download programs, is this possible? or do u absolutly need programs for this thing?
    I can plug it in usb, and the comp doesnt even read it. anyhelp is appreciated thanks.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    Does anything else connect to your usb port?

Don't forget that once you connect your PC to the PSP using the USB cable that you need to go under the system folder on the PSP and initiate the USB mode.
    If that doesn't work then it sounds like you need to update your usb drivers...
    if you press:
    1. <windows key>+<pause/break>
    2. Click on the "hardware" tab
    3. Click "device manager"

look for any yellow exclamation marks... they normally mean the drivers aren't correctly installed OR you have a hardware conflict (not common anymore with computers not having any ISA slots in em).

If there ISN'T any marks on your usb drivers, the next step is to try plugging your psp into your friends computer.

If it works there then your USB drivers are either still suffering crappy/missing drivers.

If it doesn't work, then your usb cable may be bad, OR your psp's usb output is shot... send'r back to Sony.

hey, thanks for the reply. well I did the usb on the psp, and it gives me removable drive F on my computer. when I go to that it gives me system wich is two media files that the comp. doesnt reconize, and the savedata, wich I assume is saved games etc. I know where the windows key is, but what is the pause/break key? I pretty much just want to put some music on it, if I can do other stuff without downloading software, then thats a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by illmanered
    I can plug it in usb, and the comp doesnt even read it. anyhelp is appreciated thanks.
    Ah, well this line threw me off from your first post...

sounds like your usb connection is working fine, so disregard everything i said
    I'm not exactly sure what your asking...
    Basically are you inquiring on other methods to transfer info to your psp other then the usb port?

lol, well I want to put music etc on the psp or memory card through the usb. is it possible? I say this because Ive heared alot of people say that u need software and programs to transfer music files or movies. maybe im mistaken, ??

also I just downloaded version 2.82 if that makes a diff.

not a problem at all,
    just go into the "F" drive your already establishing, and drag your music files to your MUSIC subfolder (within the PSP subfolder).

Some files may not work as the PSP is particular to certain formated types. With fw 2.8 though they've added a lot of support for many audio codecs...

alright, so i draged a music file to the psp folder. it shows its with the other folders( savdata,games, system.) so right next to these are the music file. but I cant bring it up on the psp, wrong place maybe?

Wrong directory, you need to drag it into the MUSIC sub folder of the PSP sub folder.
    ie: /PSP/MUSIC/

not : /PSP/

well, when i open it gives me a psp folder, in there it has the system folder, games folder(update), and a savedata folder. thats all, there is no sub folders to any of these.
    do I create a music file? beacause the psp subfolder has no music folder.

create a "MUSIC" folder and copy the mp3s into there......

alright my freind,the tracks are there. your a vary helpfull person, thank you. Ill mess around with this a bit, and if I have questions, or need advice youll be the first to know.

alright, so ive got a game demo for the psp. but For the life of me cant figure out how to put it on the psp. is it the same as making a music file? or is there a trick to it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP dark_thug's Avatar
    ull see in the site u DL it with the name of the folder MEMSTICK>GAME>FOLDER NAME PROVIDED IN SITE

u gonna be logged out