Thread: {WTT} TA-082 Fat for hackable slim;

1. #1 {WTT} TA-082 Fat for hackable slim; 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    I'll admit that this may not look like the greatest of trades, but I'll try and make my case. First, as a homebrew device, the original PSP is vastly more capable than any of its later incarnations. Second, it is physically larger, thus allowing greater modding capabilities. Third, recent threads have indicated that the current "collector"s value of a fat greatly exceeds that on the fair market. Third, you'll be getting MY psp, as outlined below;

...Up for trade is a frankenPSP built from 1st gen parts. From top to bottom (literally) we have a clear faceplate (DX, w/ sony logos), a TA-081 era screen, brackets, buttons, and stick. The motherboard is a TA-082, in perfect working order and sporting a USB charging mod - There is no normal charging jack, this baby only takes USB. Past the halfway point, we have the wifi/sound module - wifi and speakers work fine, but due to an attempted mod with a soldering iron and a fistful of beer the headphone jack doesn't work - It shorts out the PSP when you plug them in - This is easily reparable by replacing the board (~$10-15 fix), just not on my priorities list so I haven't done it yet...

...Moving further, one might notice that there's no UMD drive - Instead, through the clear UMD cover, one sees a 4gb SD card hooked up to some wires - The card is soldered directly to some ribbon wire leading to a MSPD -> SDHC adapter (NOT a photofast, it's AT LEAST a year older)...Feel free to desolder the 4 gig card and upgrade, or remove the entire system and pop in a MSPD (I didn't modify the port)...Rounding off the system is an orignal sony backplate and battery cover, along with an official 1800mAH battery.

...So, there's the PSP. As for firmware, you get what you ask for. 5.50genB-2 is currently installed, but I'll load it with whatever the customer asks, official or custom. Simply out of legal concerns, the memory card will be wiped and formatted before shipment. If you desire a UMD drive, I DO have a bucket of parts - I will not, however, dick around with testing them...I WILL throw in a UMD drive or two at shipping if you ask, but I WILL/CAN NOT verify their functionality.

This is a fully valid offer. I have stated the condition of my PSP to the best of my abilities - If anyone wants pictures, I can provide them in a couple of days. All serious offers will be entertained. Thank you, and good day...
    If you see me running, try to keep up.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intergalactic Captain View Post
    I'll admit that this may not look like the greatest of trades, but I'll try and make my case. First, as a homebrew device, the original PSP is vastly more capable than any of its later incarnations. Second, it is physically larger, thus allowing greater modding capabilities. Third, recent threads have indicated that the current "collector"s value of a fat greatly exceeds that on the fair market. Third, you'll be getting MY psp, as outlined below;

...Up for trade is a frankenPSP built from 1st gen parts. From top to bottom (literally) we have a clear faceplate (DX, w/ sony logos), a TA-081 era screen, brackets, buttons, and stick. The motherboard is a TA-082, in perfect working order and sporting a USB charging mod - There is no normal charging jack, this baby only takes USB. Past the halfway point, we have the wifi/sound module - wifi and speakers work fine, but due to an attempted mod with a soldering iron and a fistful of beer the headphone jack doesn't work - It shorts out the PSP when you plug them in - This is easily reparable by replacing the board (~$10-15 fix), just not on my priorities list so I haven't done it yet...

...Moving further, one might notice that there's no UMD drive - Instead, through the clear UMD cover, one sees a 4gb SD card hooked up to some wires - The card is soldered directly to some ribbon wire leading to a MSPD -> SDHC adapter (NOT a photofast, it's AT LEAST a year older)...Feel free to desolder the 4 gig card and upgrade, or remove the entire system and pop in a MSPD (I didn't modify the port)...Rounding off the system is an orignal sony backplate and battery cover, along with an official 1800mAH battery.

...So, there's the PSP. As for firmware, you get what you ask for. 5.50genB-2 is currently installed, but I'll load it with whatever the customer asks, official or custom. Simply out of legal concerns, the memory card will be wiped and formatted before shipment. If you desire a UMD drive, I DO have a bucket of parts - I will not, however, dick around with testing them...I WILL throw in a UMD drive or two at shipping if you ask, but I WILL/CAN NOT verify their functionality.

This is a fully valid offer. I have stated the condition of my PSP to the best of my abilities - If anyone wants pictures, I can provide them in a couple of days. All serious offers will be entertained. Thank you, and good day...
    if no one goes for it here, check craigslist that thing will go quick

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!