Thread: Are you kidding me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Are you kidding me? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Sorry I haven't been in the game in a couple years. I used to mod psp and sell them to many people on this board, so please excuse me. I do know my shit. I know everything from hacking to fixing psps. However, I wasn't aware on how cheap these are now but I do know that asterix faceplates are hard to come by and I spent a great amount of money on these in the past.

Also it'll cost roughly $20 to get a new battery, charger, and battery cover. I was actually going to place on order to get the parts today and sell it for basically the same price.

I remember when a psp like this would go for 200 with a lousy $10 memory stick. I know the prices would be cheaper now, but I wasn't sure. So thank you for closing my thread due to me not understanding today's prices. All that needed to be done was change it... Julie, you had no right to close my thread
    First PSP upgraded to 3.01 never had the chance to downgrade it...STOLEN.
    New Chrome PSP 1.5/3.04OEA/Semi-bricked/1.5/3.04OEA/3.52m33
    Selling asterix faceplates/buttons go here http://www.pspmod.com/forums/market-...ates-sale.html

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    ohh great............the "you can't do this to me" routine.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Quote Originally Posted by xavis75211 View Post
    ohh great............the "you can't do this to me" routine.
    excuse me?
    Selling asterix faceplates/buttons go here http://www.pspmod.com/forums/market-...ates-sale.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypplinflames View Post
    excuse me?
    You're excused. Time has passed. The PSP isn't as popular, let alone the original Phat. You can't force us to buy from you, at least at that price. What would be your ideal solution? We feel bad for you and argue over who gets to buy it? Asterix faceplates are not rare. I looked them up myself. They're about $12. You can buy faceplates from anywhere nowadays. I bought 2 PSP Phats for $60 each, which I'll admit is pretty cheap, but you're not going to get much more than that for the PSP alone.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    You're excused. Time has passed. The PSP isn't as popular, let alone the original Phat. You can't force us to buy from you, at least at that price. What would be your ideal solution? We feel bad for you and argue over who gets to buy it?
    Wow, so ignorant. No, this board shouldn't close my thread due to people not liking the price when I didn't even get a second to revise my shit.

Wow, so ignorant. No, this board shouldn't close my thread due to people not liking the price when I didn't even get a second to revise my shit.
    if im right, you posed it in feburary, early in the mouth, thread was closed some time over this weekend. you have logged n several time in between, and you never had a chance to change it?

You didn't respond. At least have the decency to check back on your own thread. That's why it was closed. If your intentions were to negotiate, you had your chance. You don't seem to want to negotiate at all. Instead, you made another thread, outlining reasons why we're all wrong, along with the economy and market statistics, and refusing to sell for any lower. If you don't want to make a sale, fine be my guest. And neither I nor Xavis are ignorant. You just need anger management.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

You didn't respond. At least have the decency to check back on your own thread. That's why it was closed. If your intentions were to negotiate, you had your chance. You don't seem to want to negotiate at all. Instead, you made another thread, outlining reasons why we're all wrong, along with the economy and market statistics, and refusing to sell for any lower. If you don't want to make a sale, fine be my guest. And neither I nor Xavis are ignorant. You just need anger management.
    Last time I logged in I put top and I checked my other thread looking for parts for this psp. I wasn't getting responses so I assumed no one wanted it until I got parts.

I never said I wouldn't negotiate, from my understanding I thought it was a decent deal due to the asterix faceplates. I, myself enjoy changing the faceplate and buttons around once in a while. If I were to get parts, install the faceplate, mod it, then include the other faceplates as well. I believe $130 shipped would be a damn good deal. Only thing needed would be a memory card, and I'm aware those sell dirt cheap.

Last time I logged in I put top and I checked my other thread looking for parts for this psp. I wasn't getting responses so I assumed no one wanted it until I got parts.
    bullshit. i check the whos online list almost all the time, you have been on after that.

I never said I wouldn't negotiate, from my understanding I thought it was a decent deal due to the asterix faceplates. I, myself enjoy changing the faceplate and buttons around once in a while. If I were to get parts, install the faceplate, mod it, then include the other faceplates as well. I believe $130 shipped would be a damn good deal. Only thing needed would be a memory card, and I'm aware those sell dirt cheap.
    Well you're going to have to adapt your prices to 2010 dollars. Asterix plates are about $12 now, the PSP itself is $80 tops (assuming it's spotless). Do the math.

PS: That thread you made is FULL of responses, so Xavis is right calling you out.

And look at this poll from your 2008 thread http://www.pspmod.com/forums/marketp...ow-prices.html

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    actually, as a pspmod.com moderator, i had every right to close your thread. people were just flaming you and teling you exactly how much your psp isnt worth anymore and i chose to close to avoid anything escalating, so dont even TRY to tell me that i didnt have the right to prevent problems on this forum.

with that being said, you have to understand excatly how much the scene has declined. previous prices are irrelevant because people dont want psps as much anymore. the iphone took over for most desirable portable electronic, and prices on the psp have sunk. i was lucky to get 160 for my setup, but ive seen people get alot more then you were offering for the same price.

again, youre welcome to post a new thread, but like Fred said, you cant expect people to want to pay so much for so little, not when theres people selling similar setups on here and on ebay that offer more stuff for less then what youre asking.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by xavis75211 View Post
    bullshit. i check the whos online list almost all the time, you have been on after that.
    LOL, if I would have seen people hating on my thread I would have done something about it. It's rather obvious. If I was logged in, it's either cause I never logged out or either way I didn't check my thread.

Well you're going to have to adapt your prices to 2010 dollars. Asterix plates are about $12 now, the PSP itself is $80 tops (assuming it's spotless). Do the math.

PS: That thread you made is FULL of responses, so Xavis is right calling you out.

And look at this poll from your 2008 thread http://www.pspmod.com/forums/marketp...ow-prices.html
    $12? if your talking about that one person that posted, that dude was only selling the black and chrome one WITHOUT buttons and shipping was $8. $20 a faceplate with NO buttons. The buttons are the best part of plate those go for $12 a set.

That thread is irrelevant

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    anyways, i did some research myself.

PSP phat- up to 80, if in pristine condition. without a ms, battery or charger, worth about 55-60. i've seen them sold for 40 too.

Asterix faceplate- definitely not rare, but not cheap either. coudnt find one for less than 40. since most faceplates are much cheaper than this, it would be better to sell them separately in ebay to target people interested in these specifically.

MS- NOT cheap. at least not here. you'd be lucky to find a 8g for 40 nowadays.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

LOL, if I would have seen people hating on my thread I would have done something about it. It's rather obvious. If I was logged in, it's either cause I never logged out or either way I didn't check my thread.
    It only says you're online if you're browsing the site. If you didn't check your thread, it's your fault you have a bad reputation here now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast