Thread: WTS: rrod 360

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 WTS: rrod 360 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Long story short, some bastard at another forum ripped me off and sent me a broken 360 instead of a working one, and theres really no way i can get my money back from him, so i figure i ought to sell it and minimize my loss because i can't be arsed to try and fix it.

Idk much about 360s, but this one doesnt work, just a plain old rrod. Pics if you want them.

Make an offer, i just want it out of my closet.
    Very funny....not.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    What a homo. Did you use PayPal? There are a lot of protections in place for the buyer.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    just send it in if it hasn't be opened.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

From what i've heard, RRODs dont get replaced, just repaired, and i dont want to deal with that BS, unless someone can vouch otherwise. The sticker is still in place though... Is there only the one sticker under the face plate?
    Very funny....not.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    From what i've heard, RRODs dont get replaced, just repaired, and i dont want to deal with that BS, unless someone can vouch otherwise. The sticker is still in place though... Is there only the one sticker under the face plate?
    si, and microsoft just sends you a new one, so send that ho in.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    si, and microsoft just sends you a new one, so send that ho in.
    This is all dependent on this still being under warranty. The guy was likely selling it because it was out of warranty and didn't want to fork over the $150 to get it fixed when Arcades are $200. Trust me, I've had a 360 that red ringed when it was 4 days out of warranty, and couldn't get it fixed for free. Classic hook line and sinker. If I were you, I'd definitely go out of my way to make this guy's life a living hell.

Where does he live? Maybe a kind forum member here could "pay him a visit".

Ita kinda in warranty, but also not at all. I'd explain, but its shady and it would involve me partly screwing over MS (which, tbh, i'm ok with. its their fault they shipped out defective consoles to begin with) with a slim chance of them not wanting to fix it (like 0.01%).
    I can explain more, or at all because that was not coherent at all, if anyone cares to hear.

Thing is, i would feel bad asking ms to fix it, but at the same time, if i didnt know anything about 360s i would assume its completely under warranty. But i do know a decent amount about 360s, so i suppose i'm responsible for my knowledge. Damn me for knowing stuff.

Maybe i could explain this more over AIM with someone for a little guidance. My AIM name is NoSmokingBandit. I'm usually on around 10:30pm EST until whenever i get tired.

I know the guy's name, myspace, and various other data, but i dont want to go all Anon on the guy. If he is a dick theres really nothing i can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    What a homo. Did you use PayPal? There are a lot of protections in place for the buyer.
    This part was my stupid fault. I've made a bunch of deals at the forum where i dealt with this guy (maybe 10+ trades/sales/purchases) and everyone always pays with the Gift option in PayPal to save a few dollars. The marketplace on this forum is huge, maybe 20-30 posts a day. So i paid the guy via gift. And now i'm screwed. I just got used to working with people i can trust. Now i feel all jaded and angsty.
    I told the seller that if i was trying to rip him off i did a pretty shitty job. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, so i wouldnt go with Gift if i wanted to screw him. Sad thing is that about a dozen other impartial members (most of them i've never seen before, but have been around for a while) posted in the thread, on my side, and the guy just ignores it all.

I've had good luck selling and buying online. Everyone gets screwed eventually, i guess this was my turn. I'll count it as a lesson learned.
    Last edited by Canada2113; 07-25-2010 at 04:36 AM.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Ita kinda in warranty, but also not at all. I'd explain, but its shady and it would involve me partly screwing over MS (which, tbh, i'm ok with. its their fault they shipped out defective consoles to begin with) with a slim chance of them not wanting to fix it (like 0.01%).
    I can explain more, or at all because that was not coherent at all, if anyone cares to hear.

Thing is, i would feel bad asking ms to fix it, but at the same time, if i didnt know anything about 360s i would assume its completely under warranty. But i do know a decent amount about 360s, so i suppose i'm responsible for my knowledge. Damn me for knowing stuff.

Maybe i could explain this more over AIM with someone for a little guidance. My AIM name is NoSmokingBandit. I'm usually on around 10:30pm EST until whenever i get tired.

I know the guy's name, myspace, and various other data, but i dont want to go all Anon on the guy. If he is a dick theres really nothing i can do about it.

This part was my stupid fault. I've made a bunch of deals at the forum where i dealt with this guy (maybe 10+ trades/sales/purchases) and everyone always pays with the Gift option in PayPal to save a few dollars. The marketplace on this forum is huge, maybe 20-30 posts a day. So i paid the guy via gift. And now i'm screwed. I just got used to working with people i can trust. Now i feel all jaded and angsty.
    I told the seller that if i was trying to rip him off i did a pretty shitty job. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, so i wouldnt go with Gift if i wanted to screw him. Sad thing is that about a dozen other impartial members (most of them i've never seen before, but have been around for a while) posted in the thread, on my side, and the guy just ignores it all.

I've had good luck selling and buying online. Everyone gets screwed eventually, i guess this was my turn. I'll count it as a lesson learned.
    Here's the thing. The guy wasn't completely honest with you irregardless if Microsoft decides to repair it or not. You bought the 360 on basis it would work when you hooked it up, not having a 2 week plus turnaround on top of however long it took for it to actually get to you. Here is where you can do: either A) get your money back from the guy or B) do whatever you need to get your 360 fixed. Its going to come down to what makes you less uncomfortable.

I'll just type out the whole thing...

The guy said the 360 was brand new and was selling it for a bit less than a new fatty would cost, so i was happy to buy it. He said he bought it about 2 weeks before we talked (which was about a month ago by now) but decided he'll never use it since he is saving up for the "S" model now. Sounded legit enough. So then later he said that the box had been opened but he didnt notice it before. He said everything is still brand new, just no seal on the box. No big deal i thought, as long as its new i dont care about the box (which i now realize was stupid, but like i said, i'm used to dealing with honest people).
    So it arrived and the first thing i noticed was that there was no HDMI port, but its an April 2010 model. I looked at the power plug and it indicated that it was a xenon board. Wtf, right? The sticker was in place under the face plate so i was confused. Then i plugged it in and rrod-city.
    So what i assume happened was someone swapped the top case of a new jasper and an old broken xenon. I assumed that the seller had been duped by Target and explained the situation. I offered to pay to ship it back if he refunded my money. Fair enough i suppose. Then he started accusing me of swapping the cases in order to rip him off.

So since the top case says april 2010 and the warranty sticker is still there i could try to return it to MS. But if their RMA crew pays attention they'll notice its a 2010 without hdmi, so they may know something is up. Since the PSU plug would only fit a Xenon (and opus i think) they'd have to send me back a Xenon (or opus) so i could use my PSU, which really isnt ideal.
    Very funny....not.

I think the worst that would happen here is that they would notice, charge you for shipping, and send it back saying that they can't do anything with it.

Which still sucks and leaves you in a shitty situation. Sucks man, sorry this happened to you.

But hey, you never know, they could just completely fail to notice and then send you back a nice new Xbox.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    This is all dependent on this still being under warranty. The guy was likely selling it because it was out of warranty and didn't want to fork over the $150 to get it fixed when Arcades are $200. Trust me, I've had a 360 that red ringed when it was 4 days out of warranty, and couldn't get it fixed for free. Classic hook line and sinker. If I were you, I'd definitely go out of my way to make this guy's life a living hell.
    I just recenty got a new XBOX from the MS Repair Center. My XBOX was 3 months out of warranty back in June, but they still let me send it in; mostly because I was patient (even with the retards) and remembered everyone's name whom I've been talking with (I was transferred between 4 different people and it took about 30 minutes). The supervisor told me so, hehe...

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Tell M$ your story; they'll repair it/send you a new one. M$ is OBLIGATED to fix the shit they made faulty in the first place...
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

No they aren't. You may feel as though they are, and I do too, but they aren't obligated to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanz__ View Post
    Tell M$ your story; they'll repair it/send you a new one. M$ is OBLIGATED to fix the shit they made faulty in the first place...
    Not if they can determine its been tampered with. If they run the serial # and it tells them its an HDMI model all they'd have to do is turn it around to see that it isnt. But i dont know anything about it. It could very easily be a repaired Xenon with a new date on it, or it could have had the cases swapped and the sticker put back on. The whole situation is really messy.

I'm giving the seller a few more days to grow a pair and take responsibility (meanwhile trash talking the hell out of him on the other forum). If that fails i'll send it in to MS. If they wont fix it i'll just tell them to keep it. It would cost more to ship it back than what its worth.

I try to be a nice guy, but i'm really tempted to post a summarized story on /b/ with his name/email. I dont know if i'm mean enough to do that.
    Very funny....not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast