Thread: ScreenGrab For FireFox 8

1. #1 ScreenGrab For FireFox 8 
    The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    So this plugin is used for saving entire pages as JPG/PNG, but the author quit awhile ago and no longer updates it, so if you're on FF 7+ you're screwed, or wait no you're not. The core of the plugin still functions, so all I did was update the install manifest to be accepted by all current versions of FF. Confirmed working on mine. Windows 7 FF 8, also this will work on other OS (linux, mac) too, just so long as you are using FF.
    Proof

Download
    screengrab-0.96.3-fx.xpi

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    or i could printscreen/paint
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    chromes better.

Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    Do it, try it on this page.
    Here's mine, took a right click. http://i41.tinypic.com/auxpvp.jpg
    Attached Images

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.

5. #5 Hi, I'm new here, and not computer savvy either... 
    Can you explain how to 'update the install manifest' - or in very simple terms, explain how to do that, or make ScreenGrab work again on FF 8? I downloaded the "screengrab-o.96.3-fx.xpi" but, it's not a recognised file extension, according to my computer or more importantly to ME! lol

Background: I just upgraded to FF 8 a couple of days ago, and when tried to use it today, I noticed it was no longer there on my right-click list! I'm also using Vista Home Premium. I haven't switch to using my "new" laptop that has Windows 7 OS yet (bought in the begining of 2011, so it's not really all that new now). It's being used as an expensive wireless device right now in my bedroom connected to my TV only so I can watch Netflix streaming docs at bedtime. Weird I know, but because I'm basically illiterate in the core workings of any computers, I've been putting it off because of all the work I think it will be to transfer my settings for all programs, plus to install any programs from disk that I want to take with me, etc. I don't want to mess that computer up and have a bunch of programs I don't use unnecessarily bulking up my hard drive like I have with this one. I also bought an external hard drive, but have not used it either. I haven't even plugged it in!

Ok, that's enough of that, weirdness. I just need to know how to get ScreenGrab back using FF8! LOL

I loved this tool, and just actually started using it a couple of weeks before I upgraded FF. I always upgrade FF when there's an update, but I don't do it on the first notification, instead I at least wait a few days to upgrade, hoping most bugs are resolved, and add-ons caught up and working. I was thinking of going back to previous version of FF just to get ScreenGrab back, but if I can use it with an adjustment, I'd like to at least try that first.

I did a search to see if I needed to download anything, and found this site, and this post, which excited me ---- well until I couldn't figure how to use it. :/

Remember, I don't understand much of anything. Just that it worked before, and never do I go into the inner workings of my computer. I let the programs installed to that for me. Just like I did with the ScreenGrab add-on.

(lol, it's embarrassing that I've posted my stupidity online like this (especially using a laptop only for Netflex streaming, and only at bedtime!!!), but I'm that desperate to get the ScreenGrab back and working. lol

Thanks in advance for any help and or suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    So this plugin is used for saving entire pages as JPG/PNG, but the author quit awhile ago and no longer updates it, so if you're on FF 7+ you're screwed, or wait no you're not. The core of the plugin still functions, so all I did was update the install manifest to be accepted by all current versions of FF. Confirmed working on mine. Windows 7 FF 8, also this will work on other OS (linux, mac) too, just so long as you are using FF.
    Proof

Download
    screengrab-0.96.3-fx.xpi

Quote Originally Posted by Jag28 View Post
    Can you explain how to 'update the install manifest' - or in very simple terms, explain how to do that, or make ScreenGrab work again on FF 8? I downloaded the "screengrab-o.96.3-fx.xpi" but, it's not a recognised file extension, according to my computer or more importantly to ME! lol

Background: I just upgraded to FF 8 a couple of days ago, and when tried to use it today, I noticed it was no longer there on my right-click list! I'm also using Vista Home Premium. I haven't switch to using my "new" laptop that has Windows 7 OS yet (bought in the begining of 2011, so it's not really all that new now). It's being used as an expensive wireless device right now in my bedroom connected to my TV only so I can watch Netflix streaming docs at bedtime. Weird I know, but because I'm basically illiterate in the core workings of any computers, I've been putting it off because of all the work I think it will be to transfer my settings for all programs, plus to install any programs from disk that I want to take with me, etc. I don't want to mess that computer up and have a bunch of programs I don't use unnecessarily bulking up my hard drive like I have with this one. I also bought an external hard drive, but have not used it either. I haven't even plugged it in!

Ok, that's enough of that, weirdness. I just need to know how to get ScreenGrab back using FF8! LOL

I loved this tool, and just actually started using it a couple of weeks before I upgraded FF. I always upgrade FF when there's an update, but I don't do it on the first notification, instead I at least wait a few days to upgrade, hoping most bugs are resolved, and add-ons caught up and working. I was thinking of going back to previous version of FF just to get ScreenGrab back, but if I can use it with an adjustment, I'd like to at least try that first.

I did a search to see if I needed to download anything, and found this site, and this post, which excited me ---- well until I couldn't figure how to use it. :/

Remember, I don't understand much of anything. Just that it worked before, and never do I go into the inner workings of my computer. I let the programs installed to that for me. Just like I did with the ScreenGrab add-on.

(lol, it's embarrassing that I've posted my stupidity online like this (especially using a laptop only for Netflex streaming, and only at bedtime!!!), but I'm that desperate to get the ScreenGrab back and working. lol

Thanks in advance for any help and or suggestions.
    Hit CTRL-O in FF and open the xpi file.

I made a profile just so I could thank you, Geek. I loved Screengrab, and I was disappointed that the author decided to quit like that. Your fix works for me just fine. Thanks again!

Junior Member PSP User
    Nice addon, I'll surely find this useful.